Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 12: June 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Ingrid Alexandra should wear ultra high heels or anything of the sort; she's still a young girl after all. Though, and call me old fashioned, but I do agree with those who say that IA seems a little out of place at this particular event given that everyone else is wearing pumps or a similar style footwear. Whilst her trainers are subtle and don't necessarily look much like trainers from a distance, they do seem like the sort of shoes one would wear on a run in the local park rather than at an official event. Unless the individual in question has problems with their feet such as bunions or back pain that affects the feet as well; I still think that trainers are just a little too casual for official events (and I think the same about celebrities who wear them on the red carpet too). I'm not asking for any woman to wear uncomfortable or ridiculously high heels as I'm sure there are shoes out there that are comfortable for the feet that don't look like sports wear. Flats or pumps would've been fine, unless of course, as I mentioned, Ingrid Alexandra might have any problems with her feet at the moment.

I agree with all those who think IA should have worn a different pair of shoes. That dress is pretty, but it's completely ruined by those sneakers/trainers. And in no way I believe she needs to wear heels, she'll do that only if and when she feels like it, but trainers are best left for every day life, not for a formal ceremony. Ballet flats would have been perfect.

I think this is not the first time IA wore sneakers to formal events. I wonder if she dislikes other pair of shoes, it seems she perfers sneakers. But for formal events, and even more when wearing a dress, ballerinas would be the best fashion choice for a young woman like her. It was a weird choice of outfit.

Today, in Venice, Vanessa Redgrave accepted the prestigious Golden Lion award at the Venice Film Festival. Ms. Redgrave wore an elegant black floor-length gown and a pair of black Keds* with white soles. Her posture was notably immaculate, her stride was confident, and she had no fear of stumbling or slipping.

*I can’t be certain of the brand.

This is the future. Many women are tired of aching feet, bunions, and fear of falling.

I am all about comfort. But elegant ballet flats with a formal gown will solve the problem of aching feet and bunions.

Why ruin a beautiful dress with footwear that is meant for walking the dog or exercising?

I am just missing something I guess.:ermm:

I think this is not the first time IA wore sneakers to formal events. I wonder if she dislikes other pair of shoes, it seems she perfers sneakers. But for formal events, and even more when wearing a dress, ballerinas would be the best fashion choice for a young woman like her. It was a weird choice of outfit.

I guess it’s possible she actually does have some sort of back or foot problem.

I actually think it’s a cute and quirky look, well suited to someone her age, and it’s great she’s developing her own sense of style. I remember my friends and I doing the same back in the dark ages of the 90s with dresses and Doc Martens.

But I agree different events and situations call for different standards of dress.

I am all about comfort. But elegant ballet flats with a formal gown will solve the problem of aching feet and bunions.

Why ruin a beautiful dress with footwear that is meant for walking the dog or exercising?

I am just missing something I guess.:ermm:

My guess is you’re missing the correct age to ‘get’ this look. I work with teenagers and dresses with sneakers are all the rage :rolleyes:. I’m hoping it’s a short fad.

Last edited:

But fashion tastes differ. E.g. to me most ballet flats don't look elegant at all (and I don't find them comfortable and can't walk in them long) and I would always prefer IAs shoes with the dress:
I think IA looks more fashionable than her cousins in their flats.

(And the shoes that I wear for walks or sport look much different than IAs shoes...)

But that's just my taste - I don't think that there is a right or wrong here - it's just a question of personal style.
IA isn't barefoot or wearing rubber boots, her shoes are clean and match her dress. So I think they are appropriate for the occasion - like her cousins' shoes that I personally don't like.

Times they are a-chaingin'. ;) And high time! High heels were a mistake from the get-go, having to do with a false interpretation of the heeled shoes (boots) the horsemen were wearing centuries ago in the East (Constantinople, the stirrup riders) that got carried West and translated into King Louis of France wearing the darn things, and we were off on centuries of a kind of western 'foot binding'. Plain and simple: too much damage is done to the foot and spine: doctors have known that for decades.

Today, in Venice, Vanessa Redgrave accepted the prestigious Golden Lion award at the Venice Film Festival. Ms. Redgrave wore an elegant black floor-length gown and a pair of black Keds* with white soles. Her posture was notably immaculate, her stride was confident, and she had no fear of stumbling or slipping.

*I can’t be certain of the brand.

This is the future. Many women are tired of aching feet, bunions, and fear of falling.

Like dress lengths now being pretty much up to the discretion of the wearer (and not the dictates of Paris fashion houses) so will foot wear be up to each wearer methinks. When this proclivity starts to settle in, designers will start to design for the 'sensible shoe' crowd. ;)

It will all look fine, in a brand new way. I welcome it! :flowers:

Last edited:
Times they are a-chaingin'. ;) And high time! High heels were a mistake from the get-go, having to do with a false interpretation of the heeled shoes (boots) the horsemen were wearing centuries ago in the East (Constantinople, the stirrup riders) that got carried West and translated into King Louis of France wearing the darn things, and we were off on centuries of a kind of western 'foot binding'. Plain and simple: too much damage is done to the foot and spine: doctors have known that for decades.

Like dress lengths now being pretty much up to the discretion of the wearer (and not the dictates of Paris fashion houses) so will foot wear be up to each wearer methinks. When this proclivity starts to settle in, designers will start to design for the 'sensible shoe' crowd. ;)

It will all look fine, in a brand new way. I welcome it! :flowers:

As do I! The very elegant Princess Caroline of Monaco wore spangly sneakers for a few occasions a year or so ago.

Sorry to sound a bit extremist, but if designers think they are bold in mixing up formal and informal looks, this does not mean we have to follow their rules. Caroline looked a shadow of her former self in those ludicrous silver sneakers...she should follow less Lagerfeld's antics - woe Chanel, being once the epitome of chic. Comfort does not have to equal sloppiness (not accusing IA, she is a girl and has all the rights to experiment): high heels can be very uncomfortable, I wear them rarely as the shape of my feet is odd and being also overweight my feet can't handle the weight of my body in that position. That's why if I want to wear heels I always pick square heels pumps or PLATFORMS. Call me outdated or conservative, but I strongly believe there's a time and place for everything. And that's why I also find odd to see Emma Tallulah in pumps when her sisters, who are older, are wearing flats.

Last edited:

Prince Gabriel on the birthday photo released for his first birthday today:

** Full view **

As do I! The very elegant Princess Caroline of Monaco wore spangly sneakers for a few occasions a year or so ago.
Yes she did but it was because she had had surgery on her foot or leg I Don't remember…..

Yes she did but it was because she had had surgery on her foot or leg I Don't remember…..

Exactly. She had a knee (I think) surgery and she had also a walking stick to a Ball attendance. But this was a temporary emergency situation not a fashion choice.

Gabriel looks very smart in his outfit for his first birthday photos. I love how his blue shirt matches his gorgeous eyes.

Gabriella and Jacques look like little Monegasque munchkins! I have to say; I really like Jacques's suit jacket, he looks very charming.

Jacques and Gabriella are sweet little children and they look adorable in the national dress. I think Jacques looks like his mother. Not sure about Gabriella.

Princesses Maria Chiara and Maria Carolina in Venice today, September 4:

** Full view **

:previous:

Maria Carolina attended as well, wearing a short black dress.

** Full view **

Today she posed for some photos on a boat in Venice, wearing a yellow creation:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I often think they are too young for many of their looks, but they seem to love it..

:previous:

I see a girl child dressing like an adult woman for whatever reasons......sad!

Maria Carolina and her sister Maria Chiara have always dressed up as if they're double their age... it seems to be what her parents and their peers dress like too though I do wish they were allowed to be like "regular" teenagers in the way that they dress. Obviously the red carpet is different as it's a formal occasion but even when going casually out and about the girls always look as if they're in their early twenties rather than young teenagers.

Mia looks as cute as usual - love her little sunglasses! Reminds me of her cousin Charlotte and her sunglasses when she went to the horse trials earlier this summer.

Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eleonore at the memorial service today for the 25th Anniversary for King Baudouin's death

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dmj6EMcW0AAhi30.jpg

And Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia today visit the Asturias

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmkHUFpWsAA8NSZ.jpg
https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...virgen-covadonga-acto/0-597-739/llegada-t.jpg

And casual outfits for the Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia this afternoon in Asturias who visit the National Park

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmlmHn0XoAMKPw-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmlXXmTX0AEsZIH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All of them look so nice! I think among the young royal boys, the Belgian boys wear suits better than anyone else ?.

Last edited:

Mia, Savannah and Isla at the Whately Manor International Horse Trials at Gatcombe Park today, September 8:

** All three **

All of them look so nice! I think among the young royal boys, the Belgian boys wear suits better than anyone else ?.

I agree ...they look like charming, handsome little men!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom