Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 12: June 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chequered shirts have become fashionable again?
They were fashionable when I was a teen.

I loved them! Practical and nice to wear.

Last edited:
:previous: oh yes. My nephew calls them his handsome shirts :lol:

But the colors have to be nice. not all pair well. Christian's has nice colors on his .

My 13-year old son has a couple checkered shirts. And they do look very handsome on young men - polyesco's nephew is right!

Can women wear them for I have a small check in pink and white that I haven't worn in ages......maybe it doesn't fit ......:lol:

Cute dress, but too big & too long for her. I do love her little bag - prefect for a teenage girl.

A much better dress for Aiko this time round! She looks lovely and I really like that shade of blue on her. Her bag is cute and finishes off the summery feel of the outfit.

Sweet picture of the Belgian children. I love how the family dog made it into the pic as well. Looks like Elisabeth's 2-legged & 4-legged siblings will miss her!

If Belgium ever abolishes the monarchy I want those kids to come to Hollywood and get their own series.

They are almost too perfect to be real!:lol:

The Norwegian children during the celebrations for the Golden Wedding Anniversary of King Harald and Queen Sonja today, August 29:

** Photo 1 ** Photo 2 ** Photo 3 **

Last edited:
As much as I like Ingrid - give that girl some new shoes. The dress looks like one from Mette, but it's okay (still her mothers daughter also in this way it seems). I like it more than the pink one she wore recently.
What came across very strange to me were the shoes the little one (is it Tallulah? I always mix them up) wore on the groups picture. She obviously changed them later.

I really love Ingrid Alexandra's shoes:cool: Looking great with the dress.
I hope more girls/women begin to wear nice sneakers or sneaker like shoes with formal dresses.

Last edited:
Yikes, I really don’t think the shoes are appropriate for that sort of occasion.

The dress is cute, though, and IA is certainly a very pretty, cheerful looking girl.

That dress is awful on a pretty young girl like IA and the sneakers/trainers just make the entire getup seem bizarre.

Unless she has some problem with her lower back, that is just a really unfortunate choice. :sad:

I think Ingrid Alexandra looked just fine and good for her for choosing a comfy pair of shoes instead of confirming to the image we have of women suffering in heels or ballerinas that kill your back. You go girl!

I really love Ingrid Alexandra's shoes. :cool: Looking great with the dress. I hope more girls/women begin to wear nice sneakers or sneaker like shoes with formal dresses.

I am agreeing here. ;) I think the era of tippy-tippy heels needs a death knell. One still can be classy with flats, and designers need to start paying attention. No need for women to even be in pumps, though I certainly wear them (happily).

Keep an eye on the red carpets. More women are starting to wear sneakers and other comfortable shoes.

I don't like high heels and I am far from a teenager. At my height of 5'10 I don't need them. Ballet flats would be perfectly acceptable, comfortable and even pretty with a dress like that.

But sneakers? With a cocktail dress or a formal?

Just...no. Not for me.:lol:

Last edited:
Today, in Venice, Vanessa Redgrave accepted the prestigious Golden Lion award at the Venice Film Festival. Ms. Redgrave wore an elegant black floor-length gown and a pair of black Keds* with white soles. Her posture was notably immaculate, her stride was confident, and she had no fear of stumbling or slipping.

*I can’t be certain of the brand.

This is the future. Many women are tired of aching feet, bunions, and fear of falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom