Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 10: November 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the girls were say Josephine or Estelles age, those dresses would be cute.

But on princesses who the youungest is ten, they would IMO be quite childish.

I think all the girls look quite lovely for their age. I actually like Amalia.
I know I guess we have all different views, I think the dresses any of them would go well with Alexia or Ariana, may be Amalia that is older she would be nice inthis one:

Girls Special Occasion Valentines Dress 7-16 Bright Pink Glitz Tween Girl's Party Dress

Amalia the coat it is beautiful and the dress it is nice too, Just I think the dress it is too much grown up.

For me Ariana and Alexia they have a day dress not a party dress and evry lady is in gowns, would be interested to see how the othr kids are dress.

Last edited:
I guess I look at children with a twenty first century eyes. The idea a dress is appropriate for a 7 year old and a 16 year old :ermm: the model of that dress is likely about 8 at most. What 13 year old girl wants to be dressed like a 8 year old? I am glad they have got to the stage where they realize their girls don't need to be dressed in matching outfits.

Girls don't need to wear shimmering puffy Easter like dresses for a party. Amalia and Alexia at least are at ages where they will have opinions on their own clothes.

Any girls their age at the party are probably dressed quite similar. I am sure little girls like Estelle if she was there, were in fluffy party dresses like your picks.

i think what ariane and alexia wore looks totally fine, but the dress and coat on amalia looks awkward to me. firstly, the two pieces don't seem to match, and secondly, they don't look like child / teenage wear to me. in fact, they almost look like stolen out of the closet of a grandma. :(

To me it looks like the girls were allowed to pick what they wanted to wear themselves, within reason of course. I think that's great, especially given that while the picture was made public the event itself was a private party. I actually like that a little of their own sense of style comes through; to me it's similar to how their mother dresses appropriately but with a lot of flair and originality.

:previous: I agree. Amalia's dress is growing on me, at first I wasn't so sure but now I like it. It's fun but still manages to look elegant - my only qualm with it now would be that it's slightly old for her at the moment. Ariane's outfit is cute, I like her dress - the colour is gorgeous. I personally wouldn't pair her cape with it, but I get the impression that Ariane is rather fond of her capes so if the girls did get to chose their outfits, the cape makes sense. Alexia's dress is lovely.
Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar of Sweden wearing beautiful clothes at their grandfather's birthday celebrations today:

Estelle + Oscar

I don't like the cardigan that much. I think that maybe it looks a bit outdated...

I like her outfit. She looks cute! She looks very much like her Mom.

I kind of like it. Probably because I'm attracted to Fair Isles sweaters. I really like the blue fuzzy sheep on the sweater. Charlotte probably does too if, as been reported, she loves animals.

What is the code or protocol for young girls in an event like this where everybody has long dresses? If I go to a wedding where the ladies are with a gown I would choose something more elaborate and more party dress for my daughter . I really think there are ok, but nothing special, Love Arana has a bracelet in her ankle and in the photo looks like Ariana has some lipstick or gloss?
is this website that has beautiful dresses fr girls, I think I would choose any of this ones:
Golden Shimmer Girl's Party Dress
Shimmering Elegance Girl's Special Occasion Dress
Dramatic Sparkle Girl's Black Velvet Holiday Special Occasion Dress with sparkling silver sequin embroidery
Sparkling Champagne Silver Sequins Girls Christmas Holiday Dress.
Girls Special Occasion Dress Girls Party Dress Enchanted Snow Queen Dress
Golden Swirls Exclusive Girl's Special Occasion Dress.Made in the USA
I,agree with you 100 per cent that the girls were in day dresses while their parents were in evening dress. Thrilled to,see that the Wooden Soldier is still in business. I like the sparkling champagne dress you picked out for one of the younger girls.I bought many dress up outfits for our boys when they were little from them. Very high quality and classic looks.:flowers:

Last edited:
Not a fan of the cardigan. Looks stuffy. There is a way of dressing kids modern while still appropriate.

Since she looks to be in a barn, I'd have loved to see her with a lamb not wearing one. We are told she loves animals and so on, be nice to see. The photo lacks the personality of past birthday photos of the kids

Very nice and perfect dressed Princess Aiko!

I loved Charlotte's dress and cardigan she wore for her second birthday photos. I'm also partial to Fair Isle cardigans, so I naturally like Charlotte's a lot. I actually think that it's of the style that's vintage, but not totally old fashioned so it still doesn't look out of place in the current era.

Aiko looks lovely, the colour of her skirt is beautiful and her outfit is simple but stylish. She looks really grown up.

Lovely costume! Louise looks very confident driving that carriage, and her parents look so proud of her!

Oh, Louise looked absolutely charming in her costume. And so grown up!

A young gentleman with red pants :) : Prince Emmanuel at the Queen Elisabeth Cello Competition in Brussels today, May 16:

** Full view ** Upper part **

AdmirererUS said so rightly -- they look indeed like fairytale princesses. Both very pretty girls. Love princess Leonor's dress.

Leonor's dress and Sofia's hairdo are really lovely. Both girls are so pretty, and I find it funny that the family (but Sofia, who had to wear her school uniform) coordinated in pale blue (Letizia and Leonor's dresses and Felipe's tie)

Leonor and Sofia both looked perfect given the solemn occasion at the 1st Holy Communion Mass today.

I'll be honest and say that, unlike some others, I don't think either girl is going to be beautiful, but there's always been something about Sofia that I find very charming. She's got lovely eyes and a wonderful smile, and just seems so sweet in pictures.

I hope she had a good time celebrating with her family and friends!

Leonor and Sofia both looked perfect given the solemn occasion at the 1st Holy Communion Mass today.

Where on Earth has the time gone? All these little Babies are growing up so fast!!

They both look lovely & wonderful to see their Grandfather there too. Although bittersweet over just how frail he looks these days.

Where on Earth has the time gone? All these little Babies are growing up so fast!!

They both look lovely & wonderful to see their Grandfather there too. Although bittersweet over just how frail he looks these days.

Ditto. I can't believe the girls are growing up so fast. They are beautiful, well mannered and good students. F&L are doing a good job with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom