Félix and Claire Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like it. But then it is customary to wait until you're past the first trimester to make an announcement - we just forget that with celebrities and royals because people speculate so much, especially if there's any sign of weight gain.

WOW, great news! Seems 2014 will be a year full of royal babies.

Congratulations to the couple!!

Congratulations to Claire and Felix! What wonderful news and I am sure they will be great parents!

She's already in her 4 month right? Even if the baby is due in late June she must be at least 16/17 weeks pregnant....

She must be coming up to around the 4 month mark if she is expecting in June so I agree with you.

Wow...another honeymoon baby! Excellent news, congrats to Felix and Claire and the Grand Ducal family!:flowers:

Congratulations to Felix and Claire. I'm happy for them.

wow, this is great news! so quickly as well - just like madeleine and chris. congrats to felix and claire! i hope this doesnt put unnecessary pressure on the GHD couple!

I really don't see why it would put any pressure on the couple. Gui is heir, that isn't changing. If he and Steph choose to wait a few years to have kids, that is their choice. They are both quite young still, and I highly doubt Gui is threatened at all by his brother having a child.

When I first saw the title, I even thought it was about Princess Claire of Belgium.

Well, that makes three of us! :D

Congratulations to Felix and Claire, it looks like this year is going to be the "royal baby boom" year (Felix and Claire, Jaime and Viktoria, Madeleine and Chris and Baby Tindall - and hopefully a pregnancy for HGD Stephanie, Princess Charlene, Princess Marie and CP Victoria. ;))

(The last four are just my wishful thinking, none of them are pregnant.)

Last edited:
Fantastic news for Claire and Felix.

Wonderful news! I wish all the best for Their Royal Highnesses and the little one!

I always thought she'd be pregnant soo after the wedding. I just hope to hear such wonderful news from the Hereditary Grand Duchess.

As the baby will born in June, I wonder if Prince Félix will go to Rio de Janeiro to attend the wedding of his cousin, Princess Amélia of Brazil, in August.

The attendance of royals from Luxembourg, Belgium, Liechtenstein, Austria, France, Portugal and Bavaria is expected.

A beautiful and glowing mother to be.

Claire is glowing indeed! So, the first grandchild of the Grand Ducal family is about to arrive -- looking forward to it! :flowers:

Claire is glowing indeed! So, the first grandchild of the Grand Ducal family is about to arrive -- looking forward to it! :flowers:

This baby is not the first grandchild of Henri and Maria-Teresa. It is their third.

Prince Louis and Princess Tessy are parents of Gabriel and Noah.

But the new baby will be the first grandchild of its maternal grandparents.

The attendance of royals from Luxembourg, Belgium, Liechtenstein, Austria, France, Portugal and Bavaria is expected.
Are you sure? They don't seem particularly close.

Let me put it this way: this will be the first grandchild that will bear titles. Or do Louis' children have titles now? I remember there was an issue when they were born?

Let me put it this way: this will be the first grandchild that will bear titles. Or do Louis' children have titles now? I remember there was an issue when they were born?

Gabriel and Noah were born as Gabriel de Nassau and Noah de Nassau.

But at the Nationalday 2009 Grandduke Henri had created Gabriel and Noah as HRH Prince Gabriel of Nassau and HRH Prince Noah of Nassau. At the same time their mother was created HRH Princess Tessy of Luxemburg.

Gabriel and Noah have no succession rights.

I see now. I never followed the Lux family much. Thank you for clarifying, Principessa! :flowers:

Was that becase his first child was born out of wedlock.

Are you sure? They don't seem particularly close.

The presence of royals from Portugal, Bavaria and France is almost a given, as they're very close to the Imperial Family and the House of Orleans-Braganza.

The Duke and Duchess of Braganza, Prince Ludwig of Bavaria and the Duke of Vendôme all attended the weddings of Princesses Isabel (2009) and Maria Elisabeth (2011) of Orleans-Braganza. The Countess of Évreux has already said she plans to attend the wedding, as she adores Princess Amélia.

The royals from Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and Austria are expected because they're close to Prince Antonio and Princess Christine, who is a first cousin of Grand Duke Henri and his siblings and grew up with them.

Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz and their children are also close to Prince Antonio's family.

Was that becase his first child was born out of wedlock.

That was the case, I believe! Besides, their mother is a commoner. ;)

My question at this point should be: will Claire's child have succession rights? Silly stuff, I know, but Claire is a commoner, too. If Tessy's children are not in the line to the throne, then it would be unfair if Claire's child had succession rights. Am I wrong?

:previous:

Tessy's children not having succession rights has nothing to do with her being a commoner. It is all down to her husband's renunciation of his and his descendants rights to the throne in 2006 after Gabriel's birth. Louis renounced his rights because, after he and Tessy married, any further children they had would be in the line of succession, while their eldest son - born out of wedlock - would not.

Claire's child will have succession rights as it will be born within an approved marriage, and Felix still holds his place in the line of succession.

That's crystal clear, finally! Wise decision on Louis' part, it shows he's a great father, IMO. Thank you! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom