Engagement of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie von Isenburg 21 January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the risk of this thread becoming a broken record, I'd like to reiterate the point that royal-royal marriages are no more or less likely to be love matches than royal-commoner marriages. Princes might like marrying princesses, but there are at least a few princes who I think are quite proud of themselves for having married red-blooded women. To take a partner from a background different from their own was perhaps proving something to themselves and the world.

I would imagine there could be an automatic degree of trust where people are of the same standing. If Sophie wasn't already a princess, she'd be facing public and private suspicions that she'd out to trap Georg for the sake of becoming a princess. Plenty of non-princesses in this world would, so perhaps if you're a prince, there's a comfort level when you meet a girl who already has her own title.

And, then, don't people throughout the world tend to marry persons from similar backgrounds? My family is Catholic and my sisters both married Catholic men, but it wasn't because of any family expectation to do so. It just worked out that one married a classmate from her (Catholic) university, the other married the brother of a friend from HER (Catholic) university. If royals and aristocrats still frequently hang out with each other, wouldn't it be strange if at least a few of them DIDN'T naturally come together?

Last edited:
Just a little hello from a new member of this board. :) I am an Australian but I recently learned about my Prussian ancestry on my mother's side of the family so I am greatly looking forward to this event.

I have enjoyed reading the discussions here about Georg and his bride. Hopefully the mainstream media in the English-speaking world will cover this event in some way but I am not holding my breath.

This does not surprise me one bit I knew that someday the prince would get engaged and then marry now the time has come to a princess in her own right which is very rare in this time frame.He can breath more easy and the rest of his family mainly his uncles won't hound him any longer.
But anyway congrats to the couple I really want their marriage to last!!!

Last edited:
Ah, I am just in love with this couple!, and hope beyond hope that they were invited and subsequently attend Albert & Charlene's wedding next month. :heart1:

Some Wedding News
The bride will arrive together with her fahter in an silver Rolls Royce. She will wear an historic Veil and a tiara from the Isenbrug Family.
After the oecumenical Service the couple willdrive in an open carriage to the Neuen Kammers in the Park of Sansoucci where the Reception will take place.
later a dinner for 350 guests in the Orangerie of Sansoucci Castle
The Wedding will be broadcasted löive by RBB the local Channel for Berlin-Brandenburg. It will be commented by Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert
Deutsche Hochzeit des Jahres in Potsdam: Prinz Georg Friedrich von Preussen heiratet | World's Luxury Guide

They broadcast it and Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert will comment? OMG and I can´t see it, because I haven´t RBB. :ermm:
At least we have many footage.

Thanks for the info :flowers:

DefenderOfTheFaith,
welcome to TRF - great to have you with us.

After the Otto von Habsburg funeral, my interest in more German/Prussian royals has been kindled again !

I too have forebears in Prussia.

A pity that the wedding is only a few days after Otto von Habsburg's funeral ...

A pity that the wedding is only a few days after Otto von Habsburg's funeral ...
The Wedding is today in 5 weeks so 6 weeks after the funeral of Otto von Habsburg.

On Marlenes blog there is a list of royal families that are attending the wedding. I'm assuming that it isn't a full list as one family was not on the list - the Wurttembergs. I would hope that in this marriage if the Imperial heir, all the german royal families would have a reprentative there. As the Wurttembergs were one of the five kings I personally feel that it is most important that they attend. Does anyone have any knowledge of which families will be there?

On Marlenes blog there is a list of royal families that are attending the wedding. I'm assuming that it isn't a full list as one family was not on the list - the Wurttembergs. I would hope that in this marriage if the Imperial heir, all the german royal families would have a reprentative there. As the Wurttembergs were one of the five kings I personally feel that it is most important that they attend. Does anyone have any knowledge of which families will be there?

The names of guests come from the Article i posted a few posts ago. They are not confirmed as guests as the guestlist is top-secret.

...As the Wurttembergs were one of the five kings I personally feel that it is most important that they attend.
Dear Fearghas,

I am sorry to correct You but there only have been four Kingdoms in the German Kaiserreich: Prussia, Saxony, Bavaria and Württemberg.

Regards

Alex R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
...but there only have been four Kingdoms in the German Kaiserreich: Prussia, Saxony, Bavaria and Württemberg.
While they were not of the Kaisers Empire, the Hanoverians were still German Kings and so I count them as the fifth.

Last edited by a moderator:
While they were not of the Kaisers Empire, the Hanoverians were still German Kings and so I count them as the fifth.

Well, officially since 1866 they just have been Dukes of Braunschweig-Lüneburg. But it depends what date of time you take to set down the yardstick... ;-)

Greetings to Australia

Alex R.

Isn't there anything like "BUNTE TV" or similar where you could watch.

I was impressed the other day at the "Otto" funeral where there was plenty of good quality coverage.

Vielleicht funktioniert rbb doch...(Anleitung)

Man braucht wohl einen Kabelanschluss. Dann folgendermassen: Oben rechts auf der Fernbedienung habe ich einen Button, der heisst: "TV". Dann erscheint u.a. "DVB-C". Da drückt man drauf. Dann mit den Ziffern die Zahl 31 eingeben(bei mir erscheint rbb auf Nr. 31), oder so lange probieren, bis rbb erscheint. Später wenn man wieder das normale Programm ansehen will wieder zurück auf "analog" gehen.
Sorry, vielleicht nützt es jemanden hier in der BRD. (Wohne in Köln)
Sorry, konnte dies leider nur auf Deutsch posten, da es auf Englisch wohl eh´ für die von ausserhalb der BRD nix bringt.

Man braucht wohl einen Kabelanschluss. Dann folgendermassen: Oben rechts auf der Fernbedienung habe ich einen Button, der heisst: "TV". Dann erscheint u.a. "DVB-C". Da drückt man drauf. Dann mit den Ziffern die Zahl 31 eingeben(bei mir erscheint rbb auf Nr. 31), oder so lange probieren, bis rbb erscheint. Später wenn man wieder das normale Programm ansehen will wieder zurück auf "analog" gehen.
Sorry, vielleicht nützt es jemanden hier in der BRD. (Wohne in Köln)
Sorry, konnte dies leider nur auf Deutsch posten, da es auf Englisch wohl eh´ für die von ausserhalb der BRD nix bringt.
With astra Satellite you can also receive rbb.
Btw. the Wedding will be broadcasted live from 11h00 CEST - 14h00 CEST and a 40 minutes summary in the evening.

No point in hoping that the BBC might show some clips of the wedding - as always.

If the Austrians can come up with some excellent "Otto" coverage, why not us?

Dear Renata,

as I posted some days ago, it might still be a chance to watch the Royal Wedding via lifestream.
The homepage of "rbb" is: Willkommen beim rbb | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg
If they will show the wedding there, I do not know. Maybe it helps to write an e-Mail to the responsibles of the station from the UK to let them decide to do so, when they see that the interest from out of Germany is that high. I wish You good luck.

Regards

Alex R.

Thank you very much, Schwarzer Adler, I will check out the link !

The Royal Houses of Bavaria, Saxony, Hannover and Wurttemberg will be represented at this royal wedding?

There is news on the public coverage front of the Royal Wedding:

According to informations I got, the ZDF, a big German TV station has blocked some space near the Konzerthaus on Gendarmenmarkt for the concert of the Prinzessin Kira von Preußen-Stiftung on the eve of the wedding. So there will be a chance of TV coverage on Friday, 26.08.2011.
As far as I heard the rbb got permission for camera coverage at the entrance of the evening reception at Neue Kammern and Orangerie. Whether there will be live-coverage or just recording I do not know.
I also got the information that Rolf Seelmann-Eggebrecht will do the moderation/commentation of the Wedding ceremony on rbb.

To Cory:
According to my knowledge all Royal Families have been invited, but not all invitations have allready been answered.

Regards

Alex R.

Hi Alex,
I did email the RBB, but all I got was a "Bestaetigung" :-(

Dear Renata,

I am very sorry to hear that. I assume it is a routinely automatically sent "Bestätigung" (confirmation) of the e-Mail you sent via the Kontakt form. I also experienced this on other occasions. I did not get a personal response either. It seems to be "en vogue" for business communications via contact forms on the internet today.
But this does not automatically mean that they will not comply according to Your mail.

Many greetings to the wonderful city of Edinburgh

Alex R.

is true , prince georgi wife have plastic sugeries ?

Which person do you mean ? Georgi is the russion version of the name Georg.
Do you mean grand prince Georgi Romanow, son of Franz Wilhelm of Prussia (*13.03.1981) ?
Or do you mean Prince Georg Friedrich ?
But both are not married.

And what sign or rumor makes you think of plastic surgery ?

My question is who will attend the wedding, which members of royal courts as Denmark, spanish, belgium and so, the couple attended the wedding of Prince Albert and Charlene, does somebody who will be ? Perhaps Prince Albert and princess Charlene, some heirs couple as Mary and frederic or Marie and Joachim or Princess Mathilde and Prince Philippe.?

I guess we will see it in their wedding day as the guest list is still a secret. During the last couple of years, Georg Friedrich attended the weddings - those I can remember - of CP Felipe of Spain, CP Frederik of Danmark, Prince Albert of Monaco and Prince Rashid bin El Hassan and various royal and noble weddings in Germany. So I think that it is very possible to see members of those families. If I should guess for the Spanish royal family, I think the most likely person to attend it would be the Queen herself as she attended various events of related German families during the last couple of years.

According to their own website, rbb will broadcast live on tv and on the internet. They will broadcast live from 11 and will show a 40 minute programme with the highlights at 8.15 pm.
I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the Isenburg tiara. Is it known what the dresscode for the evening reception will be? Will the ladies wear tiaras (drool :D)?

Back
Top Bottom