Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 11: September 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do belive that today is the birthday of HRH The Countess of Wessex...

Happy Birthday Your Highness!

I hope she has a wonderful day!

Yes, you are right, servingsophie, it's her birthday today. Sophie is 42 today! :)

Happy Birthday, dear Sophie, and have a wonderful day!

I'm sure little Louise does have a sweet little present for her mommy, maybe a nice little painting..;) :)

The article in the Express contained many errors. I'll be suprised if the Duke of Edinburgh Awards or the International Awards Organisation don't complain to the MCC.

StoneCold said:
Prince Edward to visit Florida

will the Sophie go with him?
According to the British Royal Monarchy diaries, Sophie did not appear to take the engagements with him, Stonecold, i think the Countess is going to take some times off to be with Louise, as she appears doesnt have much schedule for Feb yet.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
According to the British Royal Monarchy diaries, Sophie did not appear to take the engagements with him, Stonecold, i think the Countess is going to take some times off to be with Louise, as she appears doesnt have much schedule for Feb yet.

may be sophie go with louise to the snow like the last year, since october sophie don't is working so hard as before. I hope she is well, may be some tried

Pics 27.01.2007

Britain's Prince Edward takes part in the last pheasant shoot of the year on the Sandringham estate, UK on January 27, 2007. Photos by Nunn Syndication/abaca

Edward 1
Edward 2
Edward 3

Stupid question here: Does anyone know the reason why Sophie never walks to the church as other royals do and why she is always with the Queen in the car? Like on Christmas. Just curious.
For all I know, she does not like to walk in the cold weather like a lot of other people.

No one knows the real reason, just a guess that the Queen doesn't want to go by herself (she used to go with her mother). Sophie started going by car (IIRC) right after she had the etopic pregnancy and just countinued.

I am guessing that the Queen and Sophie have a very good relationship. Perhaps they enjoy the time together in the car.

Trying to put it into some context, the Queen has lost her mother and sister, and maybe Sophie fills that intimate companionship role. It's pretty obvious they share a very close bond, and Sophie appears to have more time to spend with HM than the very busy Princess Anne.

COUNTESS IN TOWN

The Countess of Wessex was given a warm welcome when she visited South Tyneside yesterday.
Her first port of call was West Harton Churches Action Station, where she met some of its founders and users.
The centre in Boldon Lane, South Shields, is a one-stop advice and educational centre.
Manager David Kippax said: "We were delighted, excited and extremely honoured that the Countess chose to visit us."
She then moved on to officially open South Tyneside Arts Studio's new base in Derby Terrace, South Shields.

Picture: Sophie

Last edited:
Warren said:
Trying to put it into some context, the Queen has lost her mother and sister, and maybe Sophie fills that intimate companionship role. It's pretty obvious they share a very close bond, and Sophie appears to have more time to spend with HM than the very busy Princess Anne.

Remember, too, that Sophie lost her mother only about 18 months ago. Perhaps each has been able to provide the other with the sort of friendship and companionship they lost with the death of their close relatives. I hope their relationship gives them both happiness.

sophie and the queen are very close, remenber that sophie was the unique daughter-in-law for 5 years, and anne is all the time so busy, the queen lost her mother and sister and her granchildren was so young and after sophie's miscarriage the logic is that they are close

Sophie closeness to the Queen

I was recently reading a old copy of Hello! in th doctor's office, and there was an article about Sophie's relationship within the family. The article was written in 2002. It talks about how the Queen likes Sophie because she sees a lot of herself in her. They share the same outlook towards life, religion and duty. Similarly Prince Philip likes her. A family friend notes that as far as he is concerned he has two daughters.
What I thought interesting was that Sophie is also very dear to other members of the family. Prince Andrew is particually protective over Sophie, referring to her as his baby sister. Similarly Princess Anne and Tim are close to Sophie, as are the royal cousins and even distant cousins, like the Mountbattens. One family friend commented that Sophie is one of the family in ways Diana and Sarah never could be. It is said that Princess Margaret noted strangers could be forgiven for not knowing who married in.:lol:

I know that Sophie and Edward are very protective of their little girl, but I find it rather odd that they don't bring her out on family occasions (for example, Christmas church at Sandringham). Does anyone know if her eye condition has improved?

iowabelle said:
I know that Sophie and Edward are very protective of their little girl, but I find it rather odd that they don't bring her out on family occasions (for example, Christmas church at Sandringham). Does anyone know if her eye condition has improved?

the royalty magazine published that louise had the eye's operation when was 18 months old

It is not normal for the children to attend the Christmas service before they are 4 or 5 years old.

Louise was only 3 at last years Christmas Service.

I wouldn't expect to see her until at least next Christmas and maybe even not then.

Edward and Sophie have decided on a very private upbringing for their little girl and are determined that she will get it. As a result I suspect that we might see very little of her.

The reason I was curious was because of the prominence of Margarita Armstrong-Jones, who has to be pretty close to the same age. Then again, the Wessexes don't enjoy publicity as much as the Linleys.

Margarita was 4 last Christmas and this was her first appearance at the Christmas Service.

By that yardstick this coming Christmas would be the first time that Louise would attend.

Margarita was born in 2002 shortly after her grandmother died (so she is nearly 5) whereas Louise was born in November 2003 so she is only 3 and a half - nearly 18 months younger.

Edward was caught up in the hurricane in Florida. Does anyone know if his iteniery now for Burmuda has changed? Was he able to leave Florida today, I expect that his events yesterday were cancelled.

iowabelle said:
Does anyone know if her eye condition has improved?

It was reported in Hello! that Louise had undergone an operation shortly after the family's return from Tuscany in 2005. The operation was a success. But it didn't say if that was the operation, or if there would be a series of operations.

Prince Edward to launch wind power on the Brac

While Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex visits the Sister Islands, he will witness the groundbreaking ceremony for the Wind Power Project of Cayman Brac Power and Light (CBP&L) Company.
The communications tower on the Bluff (opposite the Aston Rutty Civic Centre) will be used for feasibility studies for this project, which is the first step towards wind generation on the Brac.

Junior Achiever selected to meet with HRH Prince Edward

Junior Achiever Monique Myers, a 16 year-old student at John Gray High School, is among the list of 14 young Caymanians who have been chosen to meet with HRH Prince Edward on Monday, 5 February.
Ms Myers will have the opportunity to speak directly with the Prince and will also get the chance to present him with ideas about her company ‘Sensations’.
As part of the Junior Achievement Programme Monique and 17 other teenagers got together to create and operate their own business idea.

Pics 21.02.2007

An Army Expedition to the Geographical North Pole is planned for 2008 and will be led by Captain Andrew Cooney. He will lead 5 other members of the team made up from regular and Territorial Army. Royal Geographical Society, London. Photos show: Prince Edward. Date:21.02.2007.

Edward 1
Edward 2
Edward 3

and sophie? she don't have any act? I think she will work 2 days in march

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom