Duke of Sussex, Current Events 29: July 2017 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why announce it in the first place?

The Cambridges schedule was known for a while. Same for Charles and Camilla.

To turn around and cancel it because of 'conflicts' doesn't pass the smell test to me.

100% agree.

The fact they announced it to begin with, with no baby arrival was odd. This is clearly to do with the babies arrival, which I have no issues with, just do say it’s for one reason when it’s clearly for another.

I seriously don't believe it made a difference who had engagements on the same day. It happens frequently and doesn't interrupt the scheduling. The beginning countdown for the 2020 Invictus Games was scheduled quite a while ago.

I would imagine that the cancellation has something to do with Meghan not having given birth yet. If this continues, most likely the full trip will be rescheduled so that Harry is there and present for the first days of his child's life.

JMO as always. ?

I'd imagine if that was the case they'd cancel both days of the trip, and they didn't. For me it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to first announce it, cancel one day of the trip a couple days later and then cancel second day of the trip two days from now.

I don't know what's going on, but it's weird and confusing :bang:

Then why announce it in the first place?

The Cambridges schedule was known for a while. Same for Charles and Camilla.

To turn around and cancel it because of 'conflicts' doesn't pass the smell test to me.

I agree. Also apparently this Netherlands date has been in the schedule for months. So again this was not new information to BP, CH, or KP (who would have been overseeing it at the time).

Saying it is about the baby would have actually be easy and no one would have thought twice about it but the corespondents are saying that BP is making it clear it is about the engagements clashing.

I mean I can understand having Harry, William/Kate, and Charles/Camilla out in high profile engagements at the same time could be problematic but this was just so clunky and could have been avoided. Especially with them only officially cancelling one day and not the whole trip...

It comes across that the 8th is the issue with all 5 out and about.

I agree. Also apparently this Netherlands date has been in the schedule for months. So again this was not new information to BP, CH, or KP (who would have been overseeing it at the time).

Saying it is about the baby would have actually be easy and no one would have thought twice about it but the corespondents are saying that BP is making it clear it is about the engagements clashing.

I mean I can understand having Harry, William/Kate, and Charles/Camilla out in high profile engagements at the same time could be problematic but this was just so clunky and could have been avoided. Especially with them only officially cancelling one day and not the whole trip...

It comes across that the 8th is the issue with all 5 out and about.

I don't think the issue is with the baby or Germany. Germany is still going on on the 9th. As for the baby, unless they plan on inducing her on the 8th, I doubt it has much of an impact as he'll be gone on the 9th anyways, so I see little benefit to cancel this for the baby. I do believe it's the scheduling, but not with Germany.

Last edited:
The royals diaries clash all of the time. This isn’t the first time they all been out and about at the same time. I’m thinking the baby was expected to be here by this time and they went ahead and announced the trip. Now they have to put it on hold because baby Sussex and this trip isn’t on the same schedule.

IMO, it is a transitional period for the BP, CH, and KP Households. The Sussexes are in-between Households BP & KP, and during a move, things can fall through the crack.

Therefore, for this reason, I will take them at their word that it is because of a schedule conflict.

During this period, I have noticed some omission when reporting Prince Harry's engagements. On CC, his engagements are still reported under KP. But he doesn't appear on KP twitter anymore, and sometimes his engagements do not appear on RF twitter either. I hope most of these omissions & confusions will be ironed out once the move is complete.

:D

Last edited:
The royals diaries clash all of the time. This isn’t the first time they all been out and about at the same time. I’m thinking the baby was expected to be here by this time and they went ahead and announced the trip. Now they have to put it on hold because baby Sussex and this trip isn’t on the same schedule.

That does not make sense at all. If they are cancelling because the baby isn't here yet, they would've cancelled the 9th as well. A day isn't going to make a difference given the unpredictability of baby arrivals.

This is about schedule and how they can get the media on the engagements. Given they are spread thin right now because a number of them will already be kept back at Windsor as they've been this past couple of weeks.

Last edited:
That does not make sense at all. If they are cancelling because the baby isn't here yet, they would've cancelled the 9th as well. A day isn't going to make a difference given the unpredictability of baby arrivals.

Royal diaries are coordinated with other principal members of the family. Their officials talk to one another, so it’s not possible that the Netherlands trip was canceled because they’ve just noticed a clash.

I firmly believe this is about the baby’s arrival.

Royal diaries are coordinated with other principal members of the family. Their officials talk to one another, so it’s not possible that the Netherlands trip was canceled because they’ve just noticed a clash. Harry and Meghan’s office is still at KP and their diaries of official engagements are reviewed by William’s team. They know that everyone was going to be busy around the sameness time.

Yes, they are aware of each other's schedule. But they aren't aware of who in the media is willing to go until it gets much closer. And obviously, they talked about the press logistics here. And that's why I doubt the conflict is with Germany as Germany and Hague are both happening on the 9th, and everyone seems to be ok with the split on that day.

Like I said, if it's about the baby, both days would be cancelled. In fact, this could've been cancelled at the announcement earlier in the week.

Last edited:
Harry with children is always a sight for sore eyes. He doesn’t look too tired, but he definitely isn’t as energetic as he used to be. :lol:

Thanks, Lemon. Poor Harry. So Archie woke up once or twice early this morning! It is good to see him out all the same and with children. And another new teddy to take home!

Last edited:
Here's a video of HRH The Duke of Sussex from his visit to Oxford today.

Wonderful video and Harry is such a natural when it comes to being with people (especially kids).

Harry is great with children and now that he's a father himself, I'm sure visits such as this feel even more personal to him. I always hoped Harry would have children because he interacts with them so well and has such a "fun dad" aura about him!

Court Circular 14th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Sussex this morning visited Oxford Children’s Hospital, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Oxford, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire (Mr Timothy Stevenson).

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Oxford and District Sports and Recreation Association for the Disabled Limited Sports and Leisure Centre, Court Place Farm, Marsh Lane, Headington, Oxford.

The Duke of Sussex later re-opened the renovated Barton Neighbourhood Centre, Underhill Circus, Headington.

:previous: Correct me if I am wrong, but those engagements seem to reflect both BRF engagements and his own.

How does one access the Court Circular? When I visit the Royal Family page Court Circular, it seems to be stuck at May 4th. Where do I go to see the updates?

Duke of Sussex Current Events 29: July 2017

I believe the CC is updated on a weekly basis, at best. As it lists the engagements done a week behind. Which is why you’re seeing 4th May.

The Times? I might be wrong publishes on a weekly basis which I believe is what iluvbertie accesses to do the weekly summary.

I believe the CC is updated on a weekly basis, at best. As it lists the engagements done a week behind. Which is why you’re seeing 4th May.

The Times? I might be wrong publishes on a weekly basis which I believe is what iluvbertie accesses to do the weekly summary.

Thanks; I'll try that -

Last edited:
Harry is pure gold with the very young and the very old. Watching today's video was a hoot! I don't know if they bring the impish lad out in him or he is just responding to them. Either way it was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom