Duke of Sussex, Current Events 29: July 2017 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 10th October:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex this morning visited Nottingham Academy, Ransom Drive, Mapperley, Nottingham, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire (Sir John Peace).

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited the Community Recording Studio, Lowdham Street, St Ann’s, Nottingham.

Court Circular 16th October:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex this afternoon attended a Reception given by the Endeavour Fund at Kensington Palace.

Court Circular 18th October:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex this afternoon attended a Faith and Mental Health Conference at Lambeth Palace, London SE1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, I can't wait to see Harry out and about again doing what he does best... supporting great causes.

Yes, looking forward to seeing Harry again and promoting a cause that has been close to his heart for such a long time. He really bonds with these men and women.

Prince Harry will attend a @THTorguk event at the Twickenham Stoop with former Wales rugby captain @gareththomas14 ahead of #HIVTestWeek. At the November 8 engagement Harry will also meet @KXSteelers players, who will share how much impact Gareth’s recent HIV admission has had.

Good to see Harry catching up with Gareth Thomas, and with other rugby players, in highlighting this important cause.

We are thrilled to announce that HRH The Duke of Sussex will be joining us at the inaugural On Side Awards at the Royal Albert Hall on 17th November to celebrate our extraordinary young people - Onside Youth Zones

So the reports they weren't doing engagements after this weekend are inaccurate.

LaRae

Court Circular 7th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex this afternoon attended a Meeting at Buckingham Palace for the sustainable tourism initiative, Travalyst.

Court Circular 8th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex this morning attended a Terrence Higgins Trust HIV awareness event at Twickenham Stoop Stadium, Langhorn Drive, Twickenham, Middlesex, in advance of National HIV Testing Week, and was received by Mrs Rosemary Prescott (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Court Circular 17th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex this afternoon attended the OnSide Awards at the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London SW7, and was received by Mr. Kevin Traverse-Healy (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Last edited:
The crowd was very responsive to him. Harry really knows how to connect with the younger generations. I hope the BRF truly understands what an asset that can be.

Harry just has that natural ability to make anyone he's around feel like they're important and worth listening to and treats a factory worker or a teenager in the same manner that he would treat a king or a head of state. He's just genuine in his interactions.

There are people in this world that center their world around themselves. Harry is not one of them. :D

Duke of Sussex, Current Events 29: July 2017

Wondering if he’ll pop up at the reception at Buckingham Palace. His visit was entirely at the request of the Government.

Last edited:
Now that's a good way a non-fulltime equivalent Prince can sing for his supper. More of this, Harry. Supporting the Crown by pitching in at an event held by HM's government for a place that's in your heart.;)

So, Harry flies 8,000 miles back to the UK to promote 'Eco Friendly' holidays ?

Would a Video/Skype message not have conveyed a rather more coherent message ?

Does he really think we need him to do this?

Henry is flying back to complete roughly 3 weeks of engagements in the United Kingdom starting today. He’s got to be in the U.K. for his event at Abbey Road for Invictus. If he didn’t fly back yesterday, it would have been tonight anyway. Frankly props to the man who flies 8000 miles, and the goes to work in front of the public.

He’s still a senior royal completing his announced royal engagements. I’m getting a bit sick of seeing criticism for the sake of it, when there’s no foundation behind it.

He has other engagements coming up over the next 2 weeks. As long as he stays in the UK and doesn’t fly back to Canada until he’s done them, I see no problem.

You may not need him to do this, however as someone who has a interest in traveling I definitely want to know more about to be as eco friendly as I realistically can and I have an interest in Travalyst and apparently so do many other people. And as others have mentioned he has other engagements over the next couple of weeks so it isn't as though he fly from Canada to the UK for one event.

Ok, honestly, this is going too far. If Harry really just wants to be Harry, no Prince, then why on earth did he want to use his Sussex title and Royal in the website?

The Duke of Sussex has asked to be addressed simply as "Harry" as he looked to shrug off his royal title at a conference in Edinburgh promoting sustainable tourism.

As revealed in The Telegraph, the Duke is launching Travalyst - an online scoring system to show travellers how eco-friendly their flights are - as he embarks on the first major project of his new working life.

Former Labour adviser and broadcaster Ayesha Hazarika, who was hosting the conference, introduced the duke to the stage as Harry after the royal had asked for just his first name to be used.

The move is the latest from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as they attempt to distance themselves from the Royal family.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...ssex-tells-public-one-last-royal-engagements/

I'm glad Harry is here for this important conference. Of course he had to fly here, as do many other people for work. He's trying to do something positive for the environment, which is more than many of his critics will ever do. If he wants to be introduced as Harry, why should anyone care? He's a prince & always will be but he doesn't have to use the title all the time. His need for taxpayer funded security is determined by people who know the risk level (unlike most of us). Some ex politicians have security forever so we must trust the security services to use their expert judgement.

Happy to see him again, I miss him, his wife and son !

Article on the visit here:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/26/prince-harry-title-edinburgh-conference

He told the audience the industry in Scotland was at the forefront of making the sector greener, saying it could set an example for the rest of the UK and the world.

“We want to hear truths and perspectives from across the industry,” he said. “We don’t need to reinvent the wheel, a lot of great work has already been done. But our research again shows that many of these endeavours have failed to reach the conscientiousness of consumers.”

He added: “We have to work together … to scale up the good practices already being used around the world. Scotland is a great example of what we mean. There is a holistic ambition to Scotland’s intent that can be adopted across the UK and even around the world."

“Scotland is one of the fastest-growing tourism destinations worldwide and it’s at the forefront of a more sustainable approach, which is why your insight into these issues is so incredibly valuable.”

He does seem to be showing a complete lack of awareness here. Admittedly it's not just him. Emma Thompson flew from California to London to join a so-called climate change protest, and a load of celebs flew to Italy on private jets to attend that conference last year. But none of the others are moaning about being criticised in the media, and this just seems like setting yourself up to be knocked down.

I'm not criticising the idea. One of my favourite places in Venice, and that's suffering badly from ill-planned tourism. But, as Wyevale said, he could have done this by video link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom