Duke of Sussex, Current Events 29: July 2017 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video of HRH The Duke of Sussex at the opening of the Youth Zone in Dagenham, East London.

It was great seeing Prince Harry at this terrific complex. It looks lovely & hopefully many youth in the community will get to enjoy it. Harry interacting with so many in the various activities, the athletics, creativite skills & addressing social problems affecting the community is so important.

Its a fantastic centre, great programs. :flowers:

Nice to see Harry visiting there. He is always great when kids are involved.

Prince Harry was so happy and fantastic with the children. It was also lovely to see the children get this great opportunity to enjoy the many activities.

The full engagement of Prince Harry at OnSide Youth Zone in Dagenham. It lasts more than 30 minutes. You can actually see him talk and interact with people.

Last edited:
Good news! I'm sure Harry will be delighted to launch this IG initiative for 2020. However, let's hope Baby Sussex is born before the 8th May!

I think Baby Sussex is expected to be here by then. This is not exactly a date Harry can play around with. IG 2020 kicks off on the 9th, hence that's the day the countdown has to start. Reads like a quick in and out trip - likely gone for less than 24hrs.

ETA: and to be clear, this just a pencilled in appointment for now. He'll only go, if he can.

Last edited:
So he could miss the birth of his child:sad:

Or the doctors have set a firm “we won’t let it go on longer than this” date ahead of the 8th (perhaps several days before?) which makes a brief work trip a doable option.

Where is the announcement for Prince Harry's Netherlands trip? I looked at the RF website and I don't see it.

We don't know her due date so no way to know when 10 days over hits. The Royal Reporters I've seen talking have said it was more or less indicated to them the trip could be postponed if she hasn't given birth by then.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely Harry won’t go to the Netherlands if the baby is not yet arrived or if he/she is only a day or two old. He can’t miss the birth, nor can he leave his new baby for two days. Possibly they have made arrangements for him to appear by electronic means (in the Netherlands, not the delivery room).

It seems because this had been in the calendar for a while (which leads many to suspect they assumed the baby would be here by now) and announced it because plans have already been arranged. It is not in the UK and involved security and what have you.

That said I think they will all understand why he might pull out if needed but this is very close to his heart as well. They will work it out.

Seems it was cancelled because they didn't want it going on with the other royal engagements that day. The Cambridges and Charles/Camiila are all out those days as well. That would have been quite the day.

Last edited:
Seems it was cancelled because they didn't want it going on with the other royal engagements that day. The Cambridges and Charles/Camiila are all out those days as well. That would have been quite the day.

The schedules were know when the engagement was announced a few days ago.

Something odd going on imo.

The schedules were know when the engagement was announced a few days ago.

Something odd going on imo.

The problem is with the idea of still trying to carry out a trip when a baby is about to be born. I can understand Harry’s commitment to wanting to be at the kick off for the games, but the baby and Meghan is far more important here.

Last edited:

I seriously don't believe it made a difference who had engagements on the same day. It happens frequently and doesn't interrupt the scheduling. The beginning countdown for the 2020 Invictus Games was scheduled quite a while ago.

I would imagine that the cancellation has something to do with Meghan not having given birth yet. If this continues, most likely the full trip will be rescheduled so that Harry is there and present for the first days of his child's life.

JMO as always. ?

I seriously don't believe it made a difference who had engagements on the same day. It happens frequently and doesn't interrupt the scheduling. The beginning countdown for the 2020 Invictus Games was scheduled quite a while ago.

I would imagine that the cancellation has something to do with Meghan not having given birth yet. If this continues, most likely the full trip will be rescheduled so that Harry is there and present for the first days of his child's life.

JMO as always. ?

Yeah, royal diaries clash all the time. She that’s not the issue. This is all about the baby.

Yes, Invictus is close to Harry's heart but of course the birth of his first child and being by his wife's side is paramount. I'm sure that everybody concerned understands.

JMO as always. ?

Except all the royal reporters are literally on twitter right now saying it is 100% about the schedule conflict and has nothing to do with the baby.

Charles and Camilla are in Germany from the 7th to the 10th
William and Kate are in North Wales on the 8th
Harry was to be in Netherlands on the 8th.

That is the conflict apparently.

Perhaps its all a ploy for the royal reporters to be deemed relevant to actually be reporting something as there's not really much for them to report on right now anyways.

I take anything these days from the RRs on social media with a chuck of salt big enough to be a salt lick to lure deer into my yard (which I don't of course, they stop by naturally just as Meghan and childbirth will happen in its own sweet time). :D

Besides, as far in advance that the royal engagements are scheduled, you'd tend to think they'd have noticed a "conflict" well before now eh? ;)

Then why announce it in the first place?

The Cambridges schedule was known for a while. Same for Charles and Camilla.

To turn around and cancel it because of 'conflicts' doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom