Discussion: Queen Paola

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This has nothing to do with Queen Paola !
Should be : Languages spoken by the Belgian Royals.

They are at the expensive Lycée Français. They are speaking French and English. (Princess Louise at Queen Fabiola''s Funeral.)
They don't speak Dutch !

They are at the expensive Lycée Français. They are speaking French and English. (Princess Louise at Queen Fabiola''s Funeral.)
They don't speak Dutch !

Prince Laurent really has no clue... Luckily he is way down in the line of succession. In a royal family of a bilingual country not even organizing that their children learn the language of the majority as a secondary language... Nothing amazes me anymore.

Coming back to Queen Paola.
The Queen slept and fell twice in two months. She is nearly 80 years old and suffers from osteoporose.
I really hope She will recover for the best .
Very bad Moments for our former Monarchs.
Queen Paola is still My Queen !

What convents in Belgium has Queen Paola visited?

Is it true that Queen Paola and Queen Mathilde don't get along?

That's the persistent story, but the fact there's never any speculation about whether Mathilde gets along with Albert is indicative of the way people enjoy speculating about female antagonism.

It does seem to be true that, at least at the time, there wasn't any bond between Mathilde and Paola. Mario Danneels talks about it in the same program as Wim Dehandschutter. He accompanied Mathilde on a trip once and the journalists were allowed to ask questions afterwards. He mentioned Queen Paola and someone from the court immediately interrupted, saying "I wouldn't mention that name in presence of the Queen".

Remove to correct thread if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom