Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yennie said:
once again: thank you rchainho!

gotta love the ones of Diana, Paul and the balloons :D

I concur. wonderful photos! a lot of them I'd never seen before. i especially love the one of her dancing in the white and tan outfit. gorgeous!

Has anyone else stopped and thought of the appropriateness of all these paparazzi shots? Even more so those pics where Diana is being ambushed and pursued by photographers? There seems to be an element of the ghoulish and the macabre in all of this.

I remember watching on our television news many years ago footage of Diana being harassed by photographers, totally in her face, on a London street. She was distressed, and it was disturbing to watch then, and not much better to see these same pics now.

I'm surprised no one has made any comment on these pics, especially those showing her fleeing the paparazzi. Where does the blame lie? The free-lance photographers? the newspapers and magazines? the public with its insatiable appetite for more?

'Diana the Hunted' indeed.

first: thanks for posting all the photos rchainho!

I agree with you Warren, it makes me sad to see all these photos of her beeing hunted by photographers, especially considering her fate.
but I cant deny that I like seeing photos of her in private. Its those photos I save and pays attention to...

Yennie said:
I agree with you Warren, it makes me sad to see all these photos of her being hunted by photographers, especially considering her fate.
but I cant deny that I like seeing photos of her in private. Its those photos I save and pays attention to...
Thanks Yennie. Maybe I should have made myself more clear: we all like to see natural shots because they give us some inkling of "what she was really like"; telephoto pararazzi pics if they are good ones we don't mind because it's not our privacy being invaded and we understand that Diana would have been aware there were cameras trained on her whenever she ventured outdoors.

But the many pics of her being harassed and chased down the street are disturbing, and, repeating myself here, I was surprised they have so far passed without comment from our members. It's as if a "Diana pic" is the object of the exercise, without any understanding of what we are really seeing. From my point of view, some of these pics are showing us the very ugly downside to media and public obsession, which directly or indirectly cost Diana her life.

Warren

Warren,
Yes, it is nice to see photos of Diana. And the images of her distress at the hands of the photographers is heartbreaking, knowing as we do the outcome. They do, however, give us a brief look at what it must have been like for her. And to help us understand why she may have at times seemed "irrational". Being "ambushed" having obscene things yelled at her, all for a photo, most of us would have hid under the bed!

I have enjoyed all the pictures, my personal favorites have always been the ones taken while she was "working". When Diana knew the photographers were there, doing their job as she was doing hers. I would love to see more of those.

The reason why I like seeing the casual pictures when she is off-duty: they show locations she visited in her free time, such as Beauchamp Place. I like to try to figure out the location and visit it myself, in order to understand her "world" better.

Sammy said:
Warren,
Yes, it is nice to see photos of Diana. And the images of her distress at the hands of the photographers is heartbreaking, knowing as we do the outcome. They do, however, give us a brief look at what it must have been like for her. And to help us understand why she may have at times seemed "irrational". Being "ambushed" having obscene things yelled at her, all for a photo, most of us would have hid under the bed!

I have enjoyed all the pictures, my personal favorites have always been the ones taken while she was "working". When Diana knew the photographers were there, doing their job as she was doing hers. I would love to see more of those.

i agree Warren but isn't it sad that inspite of what happened to her, the press still treats celebrities and the BRF the same way.

To start off Part 3 I'll post a pic of Diana in glittering mode.
She is wearing the Spencer Family Tiara, the Royal Family Order, and some of the very impressive diamond and sapphire parure which was a gift from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
Pic courtesy Corbis

Diana.jpg

I like this pic a lot...such a young and gorgeous princess..

Thats such a flattering pic. She is so pretty their. Pink suits her. All the jewels and the family order gives her a princess look. Ive never seen that pic before.

I love those Testino pics! She does have gorgeous eyes, she looks very content and happy, it's sad she had to end just when she was getting started.

HRHAmy said:
I love those Testino pics! She does have gorgeous eyes, she looks very content and happy, it's sad she had to end just when she was getting started.

yes, is very true....:rolleyes: god, I start to cry

thanks!! lovery photos!

you know what, I have yet to see a photograph that <doesn't> do Diana justice! She was such a natural. I know she would have dominated the various magazines and tabloids were she alive today, which would have been perhaps a tad annoying, but even so..I miss this woman! (Cliche, I know, but I can't help it! Diana was a true one of a kind royal, imo.)

"I have yet to see a photograph that <doesn't> do Diana justice!"

Your totally right!!! however I feel diana looks her best in footage when she
is just walking around she had soo much natural grace and pose a true royal

Here is another diana album that I have just started for the new year, not as many pics as my first one off course but more scans from my testino book

Enjoy!!
http://photobucket.com/albums/f165/lauracrazygirl2/

Warren said:
To start off Part 3 I'll post a pic of Diana in glittering mode.
She is wearing the Spencer Family Tiara, the Royal Family Order, and some of the very impressive diamond and sapphire parure which was a gift from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
Princess Diana was sooooo beautiful, i really miss her. She was the most beautiful princess in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures in your albums!!
Thank you for sharing!

thanks for the photos, baby harry was so adorable.

Always great to see photos of Diana! Keep them coming!

Hi! has anyone out there got a copy of the book entitled: Dicing with Di?" It is very rare. It contains a lot of unseen photos of the late princess.It would be great if the photos from the book can be shared and viewed here by all.

I have the Dicing With Di book, but unfortunately don't have a scanner to upload any pictures. It does have the best candid pictures of Diana out there and I would highly recommend getting it if you can.

hi! I realise it may not be a rare picture but does anyone have a full length picture of Diana in this dress?

I saw a PBS show on "Young Charles" the other night and they showed the couple walking down those stairs at Buckingham Palace. It's rather sad now to see Diana skip down those stairs.

It's hard to believe that they could be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this summer.

does anyone have images of princess diana attending the Alice in Wonderland Ballet in 1996? she's wearing a cream form fitting blouse and is sporting a new hair cut.

Last edited:
pendragon said:
i got this pic by a friend. very funny pic - why she was so laughing:confused:

What does she have on? She looks like she's wearing a tuxedo...again.

This last pic makes me sad, for it reminds me that she should die little time after it was taken...She looked so happy with Dodi Al-Fayed! If life was like a fairy tale, Diana must have end her days living with Dodi and Charles with Camilla...Sadly, life is life, and only Charles could find his happiness and enjoy it for a longtime. :(

Vanesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom