Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been pregnant, but when I do I at least want to look fashionable. I think a lot of pregnant women use pregnancy as an excuse to not look their best. Victoria doesn't have to wear heels. But she could at least do something with her hair! Since this pregnancy news got out she has been looking unkempt. She's a royal she could make more of an effort to look great.

When she's just lounging round her Palace she can wear whatever she wants. The issue is that she's on official business so she can't just not make an effort because she's pregnant. I really don't see why it's so hard. Surely she has a dresser and assistants who can help her with sourcing maternity wear, seamstresses who can tailor it to Victoria's specification and someone who could do anything different with her hair!

It's one thing for an ordinary mum on her 2nd or 3rd pregnancy to not go to a whole lot of effort. But, Victoria has lots of money and staff on hand to take the stress out of this for her. I just find it so strange that her maternity wardrobe has been so poor.

I think so this is IMO got it .... Victoria is NOT a normal pregnant young woman she is a CP and future Queen ... so based on that .. let's give here a break... in the fashion stakes does not IMO stack in her favour.
She feels yuk I'm sorry but this is her job and frankly we all have to work hard and perform in the public arena when life is not going our way... so the question begs what is Victoria thinking looking like a mother of many who is working 2 jobs to keep food on the table.
This is a shame IMO. This is a fashion thread and I believe it's fashion we are here to comment on is that correct ??? so IMO Victoria has looked 99% disappointing ... as I said previously she doesn't have to pop on the wash before quickly zipping out to open this or sit in on that and this look of hers IMO has been the look of one who is doing just that.

I DO like the navy maternity dress on CP Victoria!

Dress is looking really nice on her!
I don't like the legs much though...

The dress and clutch are really lovely, but I also agree about her hosiery. Too much blue.

Everything but the blue hose is great! Good neckline, brooch, (wish I had a better glimpse), and length of dress. Flattering, elegant look, a low chignon would have made my day.
BTW, I had predicted V would be waving at the Finnish president from the hospital so she may make it to March!

Those ankles...

Her ankles are still fabulously slim- most women's ankles are the last thing to "go" before childbirth. But go they do! Perhaps she has another week or two before the big day.

Not much she can wear and look good in at this stage of pregnancy IMO but she does look good in that dress. The color is great but I don't like the same color stockings.

I like the dress but I wish she wore it without the stockings.

I'm with other posters: nice dress but the stockings are too much, colourwise.

Victoria looks good! I really like the dress but no the matching stockings. Nice clutch

I love the dress, but agree about the blue stockings. I think nude ones would have been better. She looks lovely.

That is not a brooch but an order she is wearing?

It is a brooch, designed by president Tarja Halonen. The little blue "thing" doesn´t belong to the brooch.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7982/vicbrooch.jpg
Queen Silvia wore the same brooch today:
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagallery/2012/2/21/762246/wj211535v.jpg
http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/s/mediagallery/2012/2/21/762249/wj211547v.jpg

President Halonen gave the brooch to queen Silvia on their visit to Finland in 2003 and to Victoria on hers and Daniel´s visit to Finland in 2010.

Last edited:
Love both the dress and the stockings... must be in minority.
I like uniform colors.

Victoria looks very good! She doesn't look "big" for someone who is due very soon!

I think this is the best she's looked during her pregnancy. As with what Kate wore today, matching tights to create a 'block' of colour is very much in right now. I liked the whole outfit.

Love the clutch loathe the colour of the tights love the brooch.

Now that its over, I will officially say that nothing Victoria wore while she was pregnant impressed me. In all the one word I would use to describe her fashion choice while pregnant is homely and plain....perhaps that is too harsh, maybe unimpressive is a better word for it.

Last edited:
:previous: Except for her Nobel apperances, of course! :D

Yes, Victoria rocked with her maternity Nobel appearances, I thought. Her daywear left much to be desired, though.

Last edited:
Well all I can say and IMO am pleased the pregnancy has come to an end in the fashion stakes as I just could not look another horrible sack dress and dark tights she was not at her best ... but it's over and on to better fashion choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom