Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 8: December 2008 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could some swedish member explaint us where Kiruna is? I mean, I know it is in Sweden, but as Victoria is attending the opening of the Parliament, I was wondering if this parliament has something to do with the Swedish Parliament, or is an independent regions with diferent goverment

I mean, is Kiruna in Sweden such as the Greenland and the Danish ones?

:previous:

Kiruna is the northernmost city in Sweden, 145 km north of the Arctic Circle. It does not have an independent Government, nor is it an independent region.
Princess Victoria was present at the opening of the Sametinget (the Sami Parliament) – a parliament for the indigenous Sami people of Lapland. Accordingly, she wore a Sami costume made for her for the occasion.

Hope this helps. :)

Could some swedish member explaint us where Kiruna is? I mean, I know it is in Sweden, but as Victoria is attending the opening of the Parliament, I was wondering if this parliament has something to do with the Swedish Parliament, or is an independent regions with diferent goverment

I mean, is Kiruna in Sweden such as the Greenland and the Danish ones?

You can learn more about Kiruna here: Kiruna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and more about the Sami people here: www.eng.samer.se

Pics 27.8.2009

Crown Princess Victoria is seen during the Swedish Industrial
Export Awards in Stockholm. Sweden, August 27, 2009

A totally different event compared to the more traditional
one yesterday.. :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

A compeletly different look indeed. Victoria looked good today and quite happy to be at this award event.
Its interesting to see her at an industrial award but its also good.
She looked quite elegent and love the hair-do.

Victoria is so perfect and beautiful here, the large eyes, the sincere smile and an elegant dress!
She did well!:flowers:

Victoria was yesterday night at the "Märkesårsgalan" at Berwaldshallen. I watched it from TV, but I haven´t seen any photos yet.

Märkesåret 1809 is project established to reinforce the cultural and historical ties, as well as the feeling of community and union between Sweden and Finland. It commemorates the events of 1809, when Sweden and Finland were divided into two countries, after having had a common history since the 12th century.
Märkesårsgalan is a gala, part of the "Märkesåret 1809" project, with artists from Finland and Sweden performing music and songs from the two countries, from Sibelius to Finnish tango, as well as modern hits.

I would really love to see pictures of Victoria from the gala, hope we will get them soon enough. :)

Last edited:

Märkesåret 1809 is project established to reinforce the cultural and historical ties, as well as the feeling of community and union between Sweden and Finland. It commemorates the events of 1809, when Sweden and Finland were divided into two countries, after having had a common history since the 12th century.
Märkesårsgalan is a gala, part of the "Märkesåret 1809" project, with artists from Finland and Sweden performing music and songs from the two countries, from Sibelius to Finnish tango, as well as modern hits.

I would really love to see pictures of Victoria from the gala, hope we will get them soon enough. :)

I also hope that we will se pictures from this event, i just saw a little bit of it on tv - Victoria looked good and was wearing a pink or red dress i think

Here are some pics of her arrival at the annual Athletic
national game between Sweden and Finland, the strong
colour looked very good on her, and her support obviously
helped a lot ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga **

Some photos from the track and field event between Sweden and Finland
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
This is cute - Victoria is all for Sweden!
GT
Victoria hejade fram Sverige till seger | Friidrott | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet

Lots of photos:
IBL Bildbyrå gallery

Today:
Crown Princess Victoria visited Sahlgrenska University Hospital, where she was informed about the Ambulance medical service In the picture with Lennart Johansson, nurse and Per Orninge, ambulance doctor.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Kronprinsessan gästade läkarambulanser - Göteborg - Göteborgs-Posten
Haven´t seen this event at the court´s website either...

I think that this photo is from the "Märkesårsgalan", at least Victoria´s dress looked like this from the TV, and she had this necklace.
SvenskDam

Crown Princess Victoria today at the opening of the Sweden Green Tech Buliding in central Stockholm, a center supporting and demonstrating swedish energy- and environment technique.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Yesterday evening the crown priincess attend the concert "Östersjöfestivalen 2009" in Berwaldhallen/Stockholm.

Crown Princess Victoria arrives at Berwaldhallen concert hall in Stockholm, to watch the World Orchestra for Peace perform during the Baltic Sea festival.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Same outfit than during the day, she just changed the big white bag to this blue evening one.

Vicken skön stil! - Mode - Expressen.se
Style and fashion expert Ebba von Sydow praises Victoria´s new style: Her modern style signals elegance and confidence. It´s not only in clothes, she has well styled hair and gorgeous make-up.

Friday September 4 2009 - Crown princess Victoria, dressed in the traditional costume from Vadsbro,had some problems when
she let out some carrier pigeon at the 100-year anniversary of Toreboda municipality.

Picture Gallery
ANP Pictures

Victoria, Philippe and Mathilde
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Suomen Kuvalehti
Lots of photos:
BelgaPicture
Getty Images

PurePeople - Quand les princesses Victoria de Suède et Mathilde de Belgique se rencontrent... ça flashe !

Victoria arrives to attend the conference "Climate and Jobs - The EU's Global Agenda" held at the Palace of Fine Arts in Brussels, Wednesday Sept. 9, 2009. She is welcomed by the Director-General of the Palace of Fine Arts Paul Dujardin, right.
Paran/AP/Thierry Charlier
El Pais

It's nice to see Victoria go to an engagement with Mathilde and Philippe. I like it when royals attend functions together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom