Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree, this dress was gorgeous. extremely elegant, imo. colour definitely suits her and the pattern is very much in fashion. i bought a cardigan recently with the same style of pattern and it just looks lovely with anything. the whole outfit is very girly as well. who designed it?

however, something i'm not too fond of is the order showing under the coat. isn't it supposed to be seen? if you have a coat and the order is under it, take it off as you arrive. if you are cold and don't plan to take off the coa, put the order above the coat. is it correct in terms of protocol to partially show an order? great choice for mary, nevertheless! i hope she uses it again, although it seems quite formal attire, just for this sort of events, rather than something she would wear in a royal gathering or a national gala. perhaps for a future royal wedding? :)

Then the Queen should have also removed the coat part of her attire, if that were the case. Both sovereign and Crown Princess wore the order correctly which is left shoulder to right hip. Wearing a shortened coat over the order displays no disregard for protocol.

I'm looking for pictures of two dresses:
1st: A dress, which Mary wore on some evening event - I think it was a concert for her father-in-law. It was by Valentino and she wore it in 2004. Creamy white, it ended under her knees, on the belly were somekind like glittering stars and the aperture was also glittering, like a pharao's necklace.
Do you mean this one, its by PRADA and she wore it again in luxembourg in 2006.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2006/06063036.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2006/06063035.jpg

Yes, I meant that one. In a magazine was a little pic and they said it's Valentino...I love that dress, thank you very much !

Then the Queen should have also removed the coat part of her attire, if that were the case. Both sovereign and Crown Princess wore the order correctly which is left shoulder to right hip. Wearing a shortened coat over the order displays no disregard for protocol.

then i take back the complain... :flowers:

gorgeous dress, i hope she reuses it. although it looks more of the sort of gown for very official events rather than other gala events.

gorgeous dress, i hope she reuses it. although it looks more of the sort of gown for very official events rather than other gala events.

You and I both, Carlota...:)

And I do like seeing Mary in opera gloves. Not all that often we see her wear them so it's nice when we do.

Last edited:
however, something i'm not too fond of is the order showing under the coat. isn't it supposed to be seen? if you have a coat and the order is under it, take it off as you arrive. if you are cold and don't plan to take off the coa, put the order above the coat. is it correct in terms of protocol to partially show an order?

I've seen photos of Prince Phillip and Prince Charles with thier order sashes under their jackets when they're wearing white tie. I don't think this would any different. But I'm not sure about the exact rules of etiquette for this.

Mary at movie premier Jan 6, 2008.
full view -- close up (polfoto)

Im leaning to not liking this outfit. The jacket looks more like a cape and the the mix match of the pants and jacket isnt a good match.

full view -- close up (polfoto)

Im leaning to not liking this outfit. The jacket looks more like a cape and the the mix match of the pants and jacket isnt a good match.

I really don't like It and the fact she also put black nails polish doesn't help It either

Her hair looks nice

The earrings are nice...;)

As for the rest, it's all wrong. And that jacket..:D...I wouldn't advise purchasing Mad Max memorabilia!

Yes I don't like eithwer. The jacket looks like a leather shirt it is really horrible, it doesn't seam like Mary fashion style at all, I'am surprised!

You're right Carlota - this type of dress is not for usual gala events :) - the 'kur' dresses of both the queen and Mary always look a bit different from their usual gala dresses - and often warmer.

I think It's exactly her fashion style , since her fashion style is following trends. Sometimes It works and other times It's doesn't
She should stick to the classic

I love Mary's outfit. :flowers:As usual she has dared to be a little different and she does it well. She is still young enough to wear something a little out there and look good. The jacket is cute.

The Crown Princess looks stunning, however the cape reminds me of a bat! Mary does look so happy/content at the moment - she is glowing.

I don't like this cape (or whatever it might me) at all!
Usually Mary's style is very elegant, but this jacket is hideous! :eek:
It looks cheap to me ; like faked leather.. I know it is not; but it looks like it.
The throusers aren't nice either. I some pictures they look shiny blue.
Ugly outfit.
The only good thing about this outfit: her hair!

I'm on the fence with this outfit. From afar she looks great, hip and trendy. :flowers:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/euroyals/m1.jpg

Up close though, the jacket does look like batman's cape and the voluminous pants and bangles makes her look like a genie. :eek:

I think that the outfit looks okay. The sleeves on the jacket and the cape look aren't very flattering to me. I honestly don't see that looking very good on many people. If you're going to wear a cape, then wear a cape, not a jacket that looks like one. With regular sleeves, I think that it would have been a very nice outfit. It's really not that bad, IMO.

jacket is fine, trousers are good, but not all together!!!
it is all wrong combined with each other! the outfit looks black, dark and gloomy. no joyful colours at all:cry:
separately from her clothes Mary looks happy and radiant. :flowers:

Oh dear:ermm: This is one ugly outfit, IMO.

The hair looks great though.

03-01-2008 Christiansborg Palace

Princess Mary wore a new, grey dress with white gloves.

Full View
another View

(more pictures can be found here)

I really like it. It's something new for Mary. I cannot remember seeing her in a smilar gown. The gloves make it look really elegant.

Gown designed by Julie Fagerholt of Heartmade. Info translated from Billed-Bladet.

-Ayvee

Gown designed by Julie Fagerholt of Heartmade. Info translated from Billed-Bladet.

-Ayvee

Thanks for the info. Interesting to see it made by Julie Fagerholt of Heartmade becasue they seem to have a more fun style to their designs. They did do a good job!

anyone knows how tall is CP Mary?

full view -- close up (polfoto).
My feeling is that this is the authentic Mary: Chic, fashionable, a lover of designer clothes. The "other" Mary we see with suits, hats and gowns is the Mary she learned to become to suit her role, and she does it admirably:flowers:. This came to my mid when I saw her doing her Christmas Shopping in London with her super rich and aristocratic friends which made me realize that she enjoys that part of her life.

Last edited:
I think that she needs to recycle more, she do a lot of shopping and to me that is no good, she needs to recycle more and do less shopping, she must have a big wardrobe!

I think that she needs to recycle more, she do a lot of shopping and to me that is no good, she needs to recycle more and do less shopping, she must have a big wardrobe!

If you look back at in the threads, Mary has recycled quite alot. Looks like she doesnt since she doesnt tend to recycle the same exact outfit.

anyone knows how tall is CP Mary?

She definitely shorter than Frederik, who is at least 5'9", without heels.

Rumors abound that she is 5'7". Nonetheless, Mary is definitely not 5'8" or higher because she is shorter than Frederik who is short (well, everyone is short to me... I'm 5'11", sooo.:ermm:)

Last edited:
well for me she is tall, I am 5'4"- 1.61m, but I mus say Mary and Maxima they have a nice hight for using big hats!

I love Crown Princess Mary's eveningwear, she has many beautiful and stylish outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom