Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the pearls. They make the whole look even classier than it already was.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Mary has worn these pearls publically since a New Years Diplomatic Court a few years back.

I think your right Madame Royale. I have been patiently (not really) waiting for these pearls to be worn. They are so beautiful, I for the life of me dont understand her not wearing them more, but Im so glad she did. She looks elegant and just regal!!!

Yesterday Mary wore her Marianne Dulong
And what aout the golden necklace. Does anyone have more info ... What's written on it?

She also wore this necklace Aug. 13 at the Odense Flower Festival. One of the disks has the letter 'M' engraved on it. The disks were hidden under her dress but the 'M' still shows up.

pendantodense.jpg

photo cropped heavily to avoid copyright issues

You sure have an eye for detail Ayvee! :flowers:

Thank you for your answer.

At a recent meeting of the Mary Foundation, Mary wore a gold necklace with the butterfly that's the symbol of her Foundation. Was it a nice gesture for this meeting, or are such necklaces for sale?

She also wore new earrings. Gold and diamond by the look of it - I'm guessing Ole Lynggaard, but I'm not sure. Does anybody know more about these earrings?

http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php..._13MeetingwiththeMaryFoundation_122_470lo.jpg

At a recent meeting of the Mary Foundation, Mary wore a gold necklace with the butterfly that's the symbol of her Foundation. Was it a nice gesture for this meeting, or are such necklaces for sale?

She also wore new earrings. Gold and diamond by the look of it - I'm guessing Ole Lynggaard, but I'm not sure. Does anybody know more about these earrings?

http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php..._13MeetingwiththeMaryFoundation_122_470lo.jpg

According to styleofmaryblog they may be from Styleofmary

Ole Lynggard

I like both the butterfly pendant and the small earrings. They are all so pretty!

What a beautiful modern piece of jewellery! The pearls look fantastic! :heart: :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another photo of Princess Mary's solitaire ring from Brazil visit, Sep. 19:

solitairering_zpsdbcf57f2.jpg

It's interesting that the round stone is actually set in a cushion-cut halo setting. The diamond pave around the stone is not round.

A photo of the bracelets she wore Sep. 16 in Brazil.

charmbracelet_zps615d2354.jpg

There are two Marianne Dulong bangles, a George Jensen bracelet and a chain bracelet with a disk charm. Notice that this disk charm is engraved with her own monogram, M with a crown on top.

Around her neck is the disk pendants she has been wearing. There are two disks on the chain but we only see the engraving on the front, another 'M'.

golddisk_zps869346ca.jpg

I like the brooch. Not so sure about the earrings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stones in the three drop earrings look more smoky colour than yellow, and the large stones in the brooch look to be near the same colour. Perhaps this is a matching set. The other stones in the brooch look to be dark sapphires. The stem of the brooch is similiar to Marianne Dulongs many designs. Just my observations.

Not the usual look for Mary, but I think its looks nice with the blue dress. Thanks for the great pics salma!

To me, the brooch looks victorian. The earrings look contemporary.

It's a good thing that she can rework the necklace to give her more options.

Now I just wish she'd shorten it. It's a little too widely draped for me. She must be handy with a pair of jewelry pliers though, because she took off the ruby drops from the earrings she wore Friday night at the gala, and replaced them with gray pearls for Saturday's church service.

Oh I hope she never shortens it. I don't think it's suited to being a 'tight' fitted collier. Colliers like these always look best with a little length. They drape so beautifully.

Last edited:
Mary does like to play around with her rubies but it may be time for QMII to loan her another big piece of jewellery so she doesn't wear the same thing at every big event.

I often think that if Mary (or Frederik) stopped acquiring rings and bracelets (most of which are studded with diamonds, precious gems, pearls and gold) that they could quite reasonably purchase at auction a significant tiara before not too long. Something of a late 19th century provenance would be splendid.

I'd not be surprised if some items of jewellery are gifted by various jewellery houses for the Crown Princess' use during her lifetime, but I'm sure that much of the jewellery worn by Mary is privately owned by her as well.

Love that Mary changed this necklace. This parare is so special but so big, this gives her some more options.

I think thats like only the second time the rubies and tiara have been out of Denamrk - first was Victoria's wedding in Sweden and now this wedding in Luxembourg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom