Crown Princess Máxima's Maternity Fashion: October 2006 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that pincess Maxima looks tired, but that is undestandable cos she is pregnant, but then she still smile as radiant as always.

Agree with most of you that say Maxima looks radiant. :flowers: To be honest, I'm not a fan of her outfit, but I have seen much worse on other people and personally it doesn't bother me.
I really wish she wouldn't wear so much blush/bronzer on her cheeks-she should go for a softer look for winter :rolleyes:

I don't like this dress, it's seems more a large tunic than a Dress.
I like the boots, especially the color, but they don't mix well with the dress.
The make up is also too heavy, imo.
Anyway, it's always nice to see Princess Máxima in events, she is a very nice person and I think she is doing a good job as a Princess.

If it looks more of a tunic then a dress,that's entirely apropiate in the context of the visits she made that day,projects for migrant women from Morocco.And don't be surprised if they recognised the patron and could tell exactly from which part of Morocco it originates as HRH purchased the cloth during her official visit to Morocco in november last year.

Regina said:
I don't like this dress, it's seems more a large tunic than a Dress.
I like the boots, especially the color, but they don't mix well with the dress.
The make up is also too heavy, imo.
Anyway, it's always nice to see Princess Máxima in events, she is a very nice person and I think she is doing a good job as a Princess.

yeah i agree with this but the dress doesn't seem a tunic but like if she is inside a huge bag... sorry but that's what i think.
her hair is a bit better than other times.

Last edited:
I would agree that she doesn't look as tired as when she was pregnant for the second time. I liked the outfit minus the scarf.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is critical on Máxima's outfit of late.

She used to be one of Europe's best dressed royals. I hope she will regain that position.

Much as I like Maxima, I didn't like her latest ourfit as well. She looked beautiful (her smile) but that outfit was not the best choice, imho.

Not her best outfit. Looks like a maternity tent dress made out of eye-catching fabric in the hopes of distracting from the style.

Considering this is her thrid pregnancy, you'd think she would have a closet of nice maternity clothes.

Good heavens.

Máxima....

What were you thinking????

:ohmy:

Thanks Mims111 for the great pictures!
I don't know what to say about this new outfit...
O.k. who am I kidding? I do!
1) Dress too short for CP and for pregnant woman.
2) The boots...too wide/thick?

I do like the dress, but it should have been longer. It's got a retro look and design to it. Should have worn it with a fitted coat or jacket. I know she's got the whole pregnancy belly going on, but she can still use fitted coats/jackets for pregnant women.
Just my opinion!

In Máxima's defence (for once)

For once, I would like to speak out a sort of defence for her.

She was visiting a shelter for homeless youngsters. It would be ridiculous to visit such a shelter wearing a stunning garderobe while the youngsters even do not have a roof above their heads.

Máxima's eh... 'style' was awful, but it looks like an outfit from Pucci di Roma, typical very expensive and overrated retro-stuff. In nothing she did look like the spouse of the future King, but okay, seen today's destination, I will not criticize her too much.

Last edited:
I think that this outfit was slightly too short. It seems that you can see the leg through the material... not what I would expect from Maxima.

And my goodness, she does seem to be gaining a tremendous amount of weight with this pregnancy. She gained quite alot with Alexia, but heavens! this is alot already, and she has at leat 4 months to go.

Last edited:
Wow, look at her belly! :)
Dress
She looked great! The dress itself is great!
I just think the jacket didn't really fit...

That's nice dress.
Her belly's going bigger:lol:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=11364&zoektype=2&search=12-12-2006%20Nijmegen

To say it nicely, she does not look good in this picture. The shawl, the short dress, the over-accesorized jewelry, and last but not least those roots... :eek:

She just looks so disheveled, an image unbefitting for a princess or any royal "on duty" for that matter.

Henri M. said:
In nothing she did look like the spouse of the future King, but okay, seen today's destination, I will not criticize her too much.

No matter where Máxima (or any royal) is she should always look well put together and dignified, whether she's greeting a head of state or visiting a homeless shelter. I agree that it would be impractical to dress to the 9s in a couture outfit with huge pearls for today's event. However because these youths may not have a roof over there heads does not mean that they deserve less of an effort to look good.

Is this just a bad photo - caught in the wind? In the one posted by Her Majesty she doesn´t look so bad.

eireann said:
Is this just a bad photo - caught in the wind? In the one posted by Her Majesty she doesn´t look so bad.

It is the same dress, right? Because between the two pictures (posted by Mims and Her Majesty) it looks like a totally different dress. Or like maybe she was getting out of the car and her skirt rode way up. It isn't as inappropriate or as trashy looking in Her Majesty's picture, even though it still isn't my favorite. Amazing how different a dress can look in two separate pictures!

Her_Majesty said:
Wow, look at her belly! :)
Dress
She looked great! The dress itself is great!
I just think the jacket didn't really fit...

I like that dress......it's an interesting pattern and one I'd wear myself if I had anywhere fancy to go.

eireann said:

The problem with MAxima right now is that it always looks like she is caught in the wind, even when she is inside:lol: She wore some lovely pregnancy clothes with Alexia, maybe she could recycle some of them or maybe they are to cold for early winter

I think in the beginning of her marriage she dressed more conservatively, probably to please the court (Laurentien said in an interview that they interfered with her choise of clothes to, though not anymore....sadly ;)) while now she is more secure of her role and she feels she can esperiment a bit more with her clothes. Sadly the result of such experiments usually look messy. Maybe we should send the picture of Maxima with the boots, shawl, bare knees etc. to Eikenhorst, so they will see for themselves that not all ideas work out in real life.

I also do not really get what Maxima is thinking the last times, i mean she can look gorgeous, think of last prinsjesdag. I also think that she must darker stockings to go with these boots, the dress is not even bad at all i like it but that big scarve thing needs to goo..:sad:
a few weeks ago she wore these golden shoes with these truly afull stockings:bang: http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=4&ShowPicture=4085662&pos=37
look at this picture, the coat is really beatifull, but than with those shoes and stockings:sick: im having a bit of hope when she becomes queeen,

must say whay does she always well nearly always , were dress's and skirts above the knee???

I think it was just the shot that they took. I don't mind the the knees showing we all have them. She is a woman and why not show it.

I'm sorry to say: but it seems she lost all sense for style during this pregnancy! I hope it won't get worse!
Leopard/Tiger prints are "in"... but on Máxima t looks old fashioned and terrible...
:sad:

If you look closely at the patterned dress there is dark red in it so the boots do match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom