Crown Princely Couple's 'Dannebrog' Tour of Jutland: August 22-26, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Improvised or not, everyone likes Frederik's gesture.
It's nice to know that despite all that pressure and problems that every marriage has, they have feelings for each other, and could be spontaneous.
It wasn't spontaneous, it was planned. Not romantic IMO. And not hygienic. Sorry but I'm not very romantic person.
Small red carpet wasn't necessary.

agami.pearl said:
It wasn't spontaneous, it was planned. Not romantic IMO. And not hygienic. Sorry but I'm not very romantic person.
Small red carpet wasn't necessary.

Well aren't you just a big spoil sport ;)

The small red carpet might make sense if the area tends to get slippery from condensation (said by one who had to have surgery for a broken ankle this week - from falling on a slippery floor :sad:)

These photos are really lovely. It's a pleasure to see Frederik and Mary so happy and in love. Vincent & Josephine are absolutely gorgeous and chubby. Vincent has really stolen my heart :)

Thanks Muhler! All your informations are always interesting and appreciated :flowers:

"Pure People" La princesse Mary, belle méduse violette, flirte au fond de la Mer du Nord

Last edited:

And those asking about WHY the little carpet? Well, have a look, I don't think what Mary did is the done, conventional thing...the red carpet is covering and protecting information panels in front of the tank glass...and it also brings her higher and closer to the glass which makes it better for a photo op...So there is a reason for everthing, no matter how tacky it looks ;)

Sorry but I'm not very romantic person.

I think your avatar with Prince Charles sniffing a bunch of carrots gave that away! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sorry -it's just humour, absolutely no offense! :flowers:

That's what I said, Juliette ;)

Yes, you said it - and much more eloquently than I did!! (I was a bit behind with "post reading"! :whistling:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your avatar with Prince Charles sniffing a bunch of carrots gave that away! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sorry -it's just humour, absolutely no offense! :flowers:
no offense Juliette, I just love this pic of Charles sniffing a carrots :D

And here's a gallery of pics of Crown Princess Mary leaving the Dannebrog to depart for Africa:

** BB: Kronprinsesse Mary til Afrika **

Thank you, Iceflower. :flowers:

Yes, Mary's suitcases were been loaded into the trunk of a car as the guests, invited for the reception were boarding Dannebrog, while in Hirtshals.
It appears Mary just managed to say hello to the guests and then she left Dannebrog in order to drive to Aalborg airport and presumably back to Copenhagen. It looks like Tanja Doky went with her and presumably she'll go to Africa as well.

To me this very much indicates that the decision for Mary to go to Somalia was taken a very short while ago.

A little detail: Notice the pics where Mary is walking down the gangway. When Dannebrog is on port in connection with a cruise a sailor, ceremoniously armed with a cutlass, is always standing at the bottom of the gangway.

I'll leave it to the mods to decide whether this post should be moved to Mary goes to Somalia thread, in which case they are free to delete the last detail as irrelevant.

Last edited:
Thank you, Iceflower. :flowers:

Yes, Mary's suitcases were been loaded into the trunk of a car as the guests, invited for the reception were boarding Dannebrog, while in Hirtshals.
It appears Mary just managed to say hello to the guests and then she left Dannebrog in order to drive to Aalborg airport and presumably back to Copenhagen. It looks like Tanja Doky went with her and presumably she'll go to Africa as well.

To me this very much indicates that the decision for Mary to go to Somalia was taken a very short while ago.
Please tell me why this would indicate to you that this decision was taken so recently.:)

Please tell me why this would indicate to you that this decision was taken so recently.:)

I wonder that too. Doesn't a trip like this involve a lot of planning? Aren't these arranged months ahead of time?

I wonder that too. Doesn't a trip like this involve a lot of planning? Aren't these arranged months ahead of time?

Yes and no.

As I understand it Mary was asked some time back whether she would go.
From that point the schedule would have been involved the court in regards to what a member of DRF can and cannot do. The security assessment also go up some notches.
In the meantime Mary's normal schedule goes on.
Again until pretty late, it wasn't even certain the minister himself would go. In fact there are indications that the Minsster for Development pressed for it. Because the PM would have known for some time that it was likely he would call a general election about this time, depending on all sorts of domestic political details - and opinion polls....
That is something he would only discuss among the very must senior ministers. The Minister for Development is not among them. That I'm willing to state with 95% certainly.
The security situation is of course assessed until the very last moment. For that matter Mary's visit to the refugee camp can still be cancelled. - At least one part of the visit was cancelled for security reasons.
Now combined with the fact that a minister heading a "business ministry" due to a general election is pretty impotent, it seems very likely to me that the PM decided to give his OK quite late, after consultations with the Foreign Minister and FET and in this case to a lesser degree PET.

Mary may not have known when she woke up onboard Dannebrog Thursday morning, whether she would go or not. Then she got a phone call: "We're going". And that's what I think happened.

ADDED: Come to think of it it lends credit to the account in BB, that Mary shed a tear when she let go of the twins when Dannebrog sailed into Hirtshals.
And it also gives Frederik's kiss in the aquarium a deeper meaning. He's proud of his Mary - and he admires her.

no offense Juliette, I just love this pic of Charles sniffing a carrots :D

Actually, I like it, too! And I love what Prince Charles does for organic gardening and the environment. I think that he is, unfortunately, rather misunderstood by some. Sorry, I know it's OT.

to the Danish-speaking posters on board:
from wht I gather, this Aarhus festival opening speech was an occasion of pivotal importance for Frederik, the papers (in the Google-translated articles I could find) emphasized how it's been the Queen's task for some 30 years or so and that this could be a sort of changing of the guard. They add that Frederik, though not always praised for his rethorical abilities, has put a lot of effort into his speech and has acted with humility.
If you were present at the Festival or have read more, could you please tell me how it went for Frederik? How was he received by the public? How good or bad hes speech was?
I watched a video and, judging from his body language alone, he looked quite comfortable and also proud to be there, but unfortunately I could not understand a single word :-(
In the pics he looks very smart, with a perfectly fitting jacket (surprise surprise... ;-) ), smiling etc. I reckon he would have liked to have Mary by his side, still it's great for her to go to Somalia.
In a way, and that's where I ask you Danes again, it looks like an "unofficial investiture" for the Crown Princely Couple: the summer cruise, than a major and very "kingly" event for Frederik and an equally important abroad event for Mary... good for them, as I think that as a team they work very well!

Last edited:
:previous:
I'm pretty much in agreement with you, Eliz.

Any takers for this one?
FasterB? UserDane? Viv? Any other?

I just came home from a wedding in Germany, so I haven't seen anything (yet) about Århus Festuge :)

In fact I'm still on the train going home :) :) :)

Thanks everyone for all the pictures. The twins are just the cutest things! The only way the trip would be better is if there were loads of pics of Isabella. She's my favorite wee royal she has so much spunk!

When the official schedule for the day was over on August 23, Crown Prince Frederik went
for a ride in the speed boat, while Crown Princess Mary and Prince Vincent watched and took
pictures of him from the Dannebrog in Hanstholm.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And here's another hellomagazine article:

** Princess Mary's kisses for her water babies **

Very small, but cute: the reunion on the Dannebrog :)

** Pic ** BB **

Last edited:
The photos of Frederik being reunited with Christian are adorable! Wish we could get them bigger or as a video. They certainly seem like dedicated hands on parents

Here are some bigger pics of Prince Christian and Princess Isabella at the Dannebrog, judged from
Crown Princess Mary's dress they've been taken on August 25. So cute to see the children in
their parents arms - so happy and sweet :):)

** BB: Christian fik besøg på Dannebrog **

** BB: Genforening på Dannebrog **

I love the first three pictures on your second link where Christian and Isabella see their parents over the rail and through the link fence. So cute!

The pictures of the children with M&F show what hands on parents they are. It is so wonderful to see how all the CP Couples seem to have fallen away from a Nanny raising their children. They all seem to be very involved in their children's lives.

The pictures are just precious! There's so much love between the parents and their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom