Crown Princely Couple's 'Dannebrog' Tour of Jutland: August 22-26, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The twins are soooooooo cute!
Prince Vincent looks so much like his paternal grandfather, Prince Henrick!

Juliette 2 I found some very nice pics of the interior of the Dannebrog on a Swedish magazine site several years ago. Someone was given access and an interview with HM. So I have no idea of the site now. If you google - Dannebrog -on google Images you will find some. Or alternatively if you want to give me your email address via a private message on this forum then I would be happy to email the pics that i have. Sorry but I don't know how to post pics on these forums.

The New York dress with the state visit coat and hat - i'm excited.

Im not :D I don't think it looks good but maybe too soon to judge.

Loving little Prince's smile see here

Hmmm i'm trying to find pictures of the outfits separate and the more I look at them, matching that strong purple with that print may not have been a good idea. :lol:

I can't find that dress she's wearing today and it's driving me crazy.

I can't find that dress she's wearing today and it's driving me crazy.

If you go to the Crown Prince Couple Visit to Washington DC June 3 2010 tread you'll see cown princess Mary wearing the dress.

I knew it was in a USA thread - thank you!

Found it and found the coat and hat too so I placed the pictures in the daytime fashion thread. :D

Would you like some romance?

M&F visited the NorthSea Oceanarium today and while Mary and about 100 guests looked on, Frederik put on some scuba gear and went diving in the bassin.

So far so good. Frederik swam up to the glass and Mary got up and went towards him. He then removed his mouthpiece and pressed his lips against the glass. Alas, he didn't get a kiss in return, Mary smiled instead and put her hand to the glass.
Those present cheered loudly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I have to be so young and why does Frederik have to be married? :bang: :lol: That is so so sweet. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Muhler, that´s a lovely anecdote!:flowers:
I enjoy a lot all your summaries, thank you for your time and work, you´re great!

While waiting for more news on Mary going to Africa, here is a video clip from Jyllands Posten where M&F are - almost - kissing through 41 centimetres of glass: Et kys til Mary fra akvariets bund
That is if you can handle all that romance....;)

It's pretty difficult to keep up with the news today!

Better quality clip: http://jp.dk/jptv/nyheder/indland/article2525210.ece
The "hand-greeting" appears to have been planned. - The "wet kiss" was Frederik improvising.

Last edited:
The little prince and princess are getting so big. Prince Vincent looks just like Prince Christian but I can't figure out who Princess Josephine looks like. I personally think she kind of looks like Princess Amalia of Orange when she was a baby.

Would you like some romance?

M&F visited the NorthSea Oceanarium today and while Mary and about 100 guests looked on, Frederik put on some scuba gear and went diving in the bassin.

So far so good. Frederik swam up to the glass and Mary got up and went towards him. He then removed his mouthpiece and pressed his lips against the glass. Alas, he didn't get a kiss in return, Mary smiled instead and put her hand to the glass.
Those present cheered loudly.

Muhler, your posts are always very interesting to read. Thank you for providing translations.

This was very, very sweet and romantic gesture. It's great that they're happy and in love (may it continue for the rest of their lives).

Josephine's facial expressions are precious. She almost always looks so serious :lol:.

how cute! I really like this couple, happy to see them going strong!

Thanks for all the lovely pictures of the Cp´s voyage.
Those twins are definitively "eatable", "kissable" and squeezable". I can´t see any clear resemblances yet, but they are extremely cute and alert.

It's Thursday again and another issue of Billed Bladet has hit the streets.

This week we are treated to a Q&A about Mary's wedding ring. And another question about the armband Frederik wore at the photosession at Gråsten. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-slot-2003-2006-2011-a-13379.html#post1308036

We get a belated report about Christian recieving kamikker (boots) from Greenland and a promise that Isabella will also recieve a present in due time. (Probably when she starts in pre-school. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ool-august-12th-2011-a-31694.html#post1308044

For the fashion concious we get some details about a white blouse our Marie wore at CIFF. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ashion-november-2008-a-19054.html#post1308049

We have a report about Mary attending the 60th anniversary celebrations for chief of court, Ove Ullerup. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ily-part-10-may-2011-a-31134.html#post1308270

M&F attending the wedding between Anders Kirk Johansen and Anja Buchwald is also covered. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ily-part-10-may-2011-a-31134.html#post1308280

And this:
Brief summary of an article in Billed Bladet #34, 2011.
Kærlighed in klitterne - Love in the dunes.
Written by Ken Richter.

This cover the first day of the cruise, with M&F visiting Skagen.
Normally I enjoy reading Ken Richter's articles as he usually writes a no nonsense account of what actually went on.
Not this time.
I don't know if he has been told to add some sugar to his articles, but he shouldn't. It's simply not his style.
He manages to write a sugary article about M&F and not least the twins arriving with Dannebrog to Skagen. Including observing that Mary wiped away a tear, when she handed over her twin to the nanny. (*) It just doesn't ring...
Ken Richter is back in his usual form when he starts to write about what actually went on.
After having gone ashore and being drivin in a carriage through Skagen, where M&F have often been on vacation, it was off to Kappelborg, a new cultural house, which was inaugurated and here mayor Lars Møller said: "..then Skagen has a special place in the hearts of the Crown Princely couple in the same way that the Crown Princely couple has a special place in the hearts of the citizens of Skagen".
It was in the cultural house that M&F met the daycare children and it was here Frederik tried to induce one year old Sandra to dance by tapping on his cap.
Christian X build a summer residence in Skagen called, Klitgården = the dune farm, back when Skagen became THE place to go, in the early 1900's. Klitgården is no longer used by the DRF and today it serves as a refugium for artists and scientists.
Klitgården is located very scenic among grasscovered dunes and with a splendid view to no less than two seas. (**)
M&F got a tour of the house. And it was after that they stood together among the dunes, with the sea behind them and flirted a bit little with each other, as we saw in the many pictures.
But it was actually a very busy day for M&F!
They also visited Skagen Museum. Had lunch at Brøndums Hotel (a nice hotel).
Then Mary visited a kindergarden, Skagen Arthritis and Back Center and the company Elektromarine.
Frederik in the meantime sampled the local beer at Skagen Brewery. Visited the Fishing Industry of the Fishermen.
Before finally visiting Kristensen Shipyard.
- I would liked to have known more about what they actually did during their visit. Both M&F and the good citizens of Skagen deserve that.

(*) Let's not overdo it. Perhaps it was merely the salty air.

(**) If you look at a map, you'll find Skagen near the very northern tip of Denmark and at that tip two seas meet, the North Sea and the Baltic Sea. Sometimes the two seas meet, because the water from the Atlantic is trying to get into the Baltic Sea, and the water from the Baltic tries to enter the Atlantic. When that happens you can see the waves collide off the tip of the coast.

Thank you Annie S. & Daria_S, your kind words are most encouraging. :)

Last edited:
Improvised or not, everyone likes Frederik's gesture.
It's nice to know that despite all that pressure and problems that every marriage has, they have feelings for each other, and could be spontaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom