Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crisscross1 said:
Crown Prince Frederik looked so uncomfortable in the video, almost as though he wished he could be anywhere else. :ermm: IMO

I wonder if he dislikes attending those events?
He often looks a bit uncomfortable when he has a camera coming close to his face. I don't think he exactly loves these very photo-intensive sessions. Mary seems more able to act as if she didn't have a photographer breathing down her neck.

UserDane said:

He often looks a bit uncomfortable when he has a camera coming close to his face. I don't think he exactly loves these very photo-intensive sessions. Mary seems more able to act as if she didn't have a photographer breathing down her neck.

Perhaps why he prefers to be in the middle of the ocean on a yacht where the camera's can't get to him. It must be difficult having to attend such events if you are going to enjoy them. I would hate to have to. :sad:

crisscross1 said:
Perhaps why he prefers to be in the middle of the ocean on a yacht where the camera's can't get to him. It must be difficult having to attend such events if you are going to enjoy them. I would hate to have to. :sad:
LOL - perhaps - or why he likes to ride a dog sledge in Greenland!
He'll just have to get over it I suppose; his mother did - or have at least learnt a technique where she can suppress it. You could definitely see that she didn't exactly relish facing a lot of photographers in her younger days.

UserDane said:
LOL - perhaps - or why he likes to ride a dog sledge in Greenland!
He'll just have to get over it I suppose; his mother did - or have at least learnt a technique where she can suppress it. You could definitely see that she didn't exactly relish facing a lot of photographers in her younger days.

Oh, the poor man, I wonder how many times his mother has said, "If I can do it, so can you."
Having an outgoing and confident partner must make it easier for him but even so. :ohmy: I have sympathy for him.

Mary seem's rather relaxed with it all , as if she has done it all her life , where as Fredrick looks so uncomfortable in the video. if I didnt know any better I would think she the born royal and he had only married into it .

I have to confess that Mary is not my favorite Crown Princess but for this occasion it's obvious that she was absolutly right better than her husband.

It's clear than Mary is custom with this kind of professional meeting with a lot people who need to have to pay attention for everybody.

Good point for her, but for Frederik, please it's him who is the Crown Prince, even if he don't like this kind of event, he has to make up to the situation.

He seems to bother him so much that even Mary seems astonished. Then it's not a so complicate activity to visit the Heard Quarter of the E.U! Strange!

I think the same as all of you! Princess Mary as a lot of engagements mucht more than her husband and that is positive for her naturalness in this kind of events. I think Prince Frederick should ask for special help.

biboquinhas said:
I think the same as all of you! Princess Mary as a lot of engagements mucht more than her husband and that is positive for her naturalness in this kind of events. I think Prince Frederick should ask for special help.

Why in the world shoud CP Frederik ask for special help ?????
As i said in another tread :Just because his wife is having alot of work wher the press is pressent it DON´T mean that CP Frederik is not working at al.
Just because alot of members in the forum thinks that the website of CP Frederik and CP Mary is reliable with their workingcalender it don´t mean that he is not working at all...have it never come to you that he migth be attending alot of meatings without the press ?????

crisscross1 said:
Oh, the poor man, I wonder how many times his mother has said, "If I can do it, so can you."
Having an outgoing and confident partner must make it easier for him but even so. :ohmy: I have sympathy for him.

Maybe he learned from the Charles/Diana-debacle and selected just the right kind of woman who would do the Di - meaning she takes the attention that he obviously doesn't like too much. A good choice, then.

Jo of Palatine said:
Maybe he learned from the Charles/Diana-debacle and selected just the right kind of woman who would do the Di - meaning she takes the attention that he obviously doesn't like too much. A good choice, then.
I agree Jo of Palatine :) That's one of the reasons I've always found Mary to be an excellent choice as a Cpss; she's dedicated - and she seems to like what she has to do.

H.M. Margrethe said:
As i said in another tread :Just because his wife is having alot of work wher the press is pressent it DON´T mean that CP Frederik is not working at al.
Just because alot of members in the forum thinks that the website of CP Frederik and CP Mary is reliable with their workingcalender it don´t mean that he is not working at all...have it never come to you that he migth be attending alot of meatings without the press ?????

Well if he attends important events than the press should be there! We can see in Danish Royal Watchers web site all the events Prince Fredick attends. It Is truly evident that Prince Frederick is not so self confident has his wife so I think yes he really needs help on this issue!!!

Frederik will be all right I think; there's no harm in not exactly relishing the limelight and feeling a bit akward sometimes. Most people do from time to time - and who knows, he may grow to like it better the more he and Mary shares it.

biboquinhas said:
Well if he attends important events than the press should be there! We can see in Danish Royal Watchers web site all the events Prince Fredick attends. It Is truly evident that Prince Frederick is not so self confident has his wife so I think yes he really needs help on this issue!!!

I can tell you that since he got marriede to his Mary he has been more self confident than he has been since he was born.
I think that the reason for CP Frederik not trusting him self in the public is comming from his childehood, because he was always sorunding with nannys and was first allowede to ead with his parrents when he was 11.
I know that when his grandmother Queen Ingrid was alive she was always lissing to him ( don´t think his parrents always did or do).
It´s a sad storry when 2 parrents don´t give a da.. about their children :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh! Poor sweetie! Maybe if he walked holding Mary's hand he'd have that physical contact with someone he's comfortable with to sort of calm him down...decrease the nerves? Like Felipe and Letizia...
Just a suggestion.

I think we are just dealing with two different personality types here with different coping mechanisms...Mary's method seems to be the put on a public face, smile, the upmost professionalism (which is why some might see her as cold) and get the job done while inside be a bundle of nerves and insecurity...And she probably looks forward to getting in her car at the end and driving home where she can be herself...

Whereas I feel that Frederik wears his heart on his sleeve and if he is awkward or anxious it shows...which, depending how you look at it can be a good or bad thing...At least he is being honest about how he is feeling in the situation at the time, but somehow this shows a lack of the authority and confidence required of the Crown Prince of Denmark???

H.M. Margrethe said:

I don't think anyone said that Crown Prince Frederik isn't working as much as his wife, the comments have been about his apparent nervousness at attending the events. Whether he is in front of the camera's or working in an office? the obervations were about how shy and uncomfortable he seemed. I think the subject of the royal couples workload has been discussed and put to bed in previous threads, as you stated. :flowers:

Jo of Palatine said:
I agree with you here and it helped him out at the start but later on Charles hated the constant Publicity that Diana got as it took basically ALL the attention off him and he became jealous- or so I read years later...If you notice in walkbouts everyone yelled for Diana and None for him although the situation is diff now...I am sure Frederick will be fine...I can't see them going through the above ordeal...

Xeara said:
I think we are just dealing with two different personality types here with different coping mechanisms...Mary's method seems to be the put on a public face, smile, the upmost professionalism (which is why some might see her as cold) and get the job done while inside be a bundle of nerves and insecurity...And she probably looks forward to getting in her car at the end and driving home where she can be herself...

Whereas I feel that Frederik wears his heart on his sleeve and if he is awkward or anxious it shows...which, depending how you look at it can be a good or bad thing...At least he is being honest about how he is feeling in the situation at the time, but somehow this shows a lack of the authority and confidence required of the Crown Prince of Denmark???
Good arguments! But there have been quite some cases where the subjects loved a king especially because he was a bit shy and insecure in the beginning - one current example is Carl Gustaf of Sweden who developped confidence after his marriage to Silvia who supported him in any way she could - including playing the center of attention if necessary, thus giving her husband the chance to behave exactly the way he liked in any given situation, without being pressured by public attention.

I guess Charles would have enjoyed the attention his wife got if he had had the feeling that they shared it. It's interesting that Diana claimed in her Panorama-interview that the problem was that Charles did not want to share when in fact it is proven that she was already outmanoeuvering him in order to punish him for the neglect she felt. You very often see that people blame others exactly for things that they do themselves. I mean, yes, I believe there was a bit of truth in it but we will never know where the whole problem started. And with Camilla Charles has obviously no problems to step back and let her take the stage. So I guess, he, too, has realised the advantage to have a well-liked or even adored wife at his side if this said wife can be trusted to support him.

As for Frederick: somehow I have the feeling that it would be alright with him to sit quietly in a corner without attracting attention as long as he can watch his wife for hours while sitting there...That's rather sweet, IMHO.

Jo of Palatine said:
As for Frederick: somehow I have the feeling that it would be alright with him to sit quietly in a corner without attracting attention as long as he can watch his wife for hours while sitting there...That's rather sweet, IMHO.

You hit the nail on the head Jo of Palatine. :flowers: This is exactly the feeling I get too. He loves the adoration his wife attracts as long as he doesn't have to be too involved. He would feel more at home playing in the garden with his son than having his picture taken.

Denmark Princess And Husband Visit Brussels

November 9, 2006 9:55 a.m. EST

Maira Oliveira - All Headline News Reporter
Brussels, Belgium (BANG) - After recovering from morning sickness, Denmark's Princess Mary recently enjoyed a trip to Brussels this week with her royal husband.
Mary - who is pregnant with her second child - accompanied her husband, Prince Frederik, on a visit to the European Union Headquarters based in the Belgium city. Full story and article

Last edited:
dazzling said:
Denmark Princess And Husband Visit Brussels

November 9, 2006 9:55 a.m. EST

Maira Oliveira - All Headline News Reporter
Brussels, Belgium (BANG) - After recovering from morning sickness, Denmark's Princess Mary recently enjoyed a trip to Brussels this week with her royal husband.
Mary - who is pregnant with her second child - accompanied her husband, Prince Frederik, on a visit to the European Union Headquarters based in the Belgium city. Full story and article

Thanks for the article Dazzling!

Now, how the heck did they know this about Mary?

"The 34-year-old appeared rested and relaxed - a great improvement from her recent trip to Russia, where she was plagued by violent morning sickness."

We know she had morning sickness, but violent morning sickness? Hmm...

lol Either those Guys know something we were never fully aware of or (more Likely their making it up)

Rumours Mary could be here next week

By Robyn Grace
November 16, 2006 12:00
TASMANIANS are eagerly awaiting news of "their" Princess Mary, as speculation grows that the Danish royals may visit Australia as soon as next week.
Palace officials in Denmark have confirmed the pregnant, Hobart-born princess will visit her home town this month with husband Crown Prince Frederik and son Prince Christian
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20767461-5001028,00.html

Australian said:
Rumours Mary could be here next week

By Robyn Grace
November 16, 2006 12:00
TASMANIANS are eagerly awaiting news of "their" Princess Mary, as speculation grows that the Danish royals may visit Australia as soon as next week.
Palace officials in Denmark have confirmed the pregnant, Hobart-born princess will visit her home town this month with husband Crown Prince Frederik and son Prince Christian
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20767461-5001028,00.html

since this is a private visit, i hope the press dont get "too" exited and start to annoy the royals with wanting to take pictures of them

dazzling said:
since this is a private visit, i hope the press dont get "too" exited and start to annoy the royals with wanting to take pictures of them

well that would be good news for them if that is to be the case then it's bad news for the forum! But yes, hopefully they do get to have some privacy.

I think the best thing to do is to let the press take some photos of them and then let them alone during the rest of the visit.

Visit to Australia

Even though I love information and photos of Mary & Frederick I hope that the press will leave them alone as this is the first time they will get to meet Christian. I think we must all remember not just what Mary has given up but how much her family misses out and let them enjoy 1 week together as they have not all been together since Patricia's wedding.

Well said susiewong! I agree with you totally!

This is their time, let them enjoy it. They've been kind enough to share so many things with us, they should be given this family time.

In Hola.com

I read Mary & Frederik have separated agendas and the activities of her is more difficult (have a lot of compromisses) that Frederik...

Is true???

To read the article (sorry is in Spanish)
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/11/15/federico-mary/

Traduction for the article of Hola.com

From her arrival to the Danish Royal Family, princess Mary has been a fresh air blowing for the Court and, throughout these two years, she has become the best trick to even approach the groso of the official activity of the Trone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Mary expected in Tas this week

Excitement is building ahead of Crown Princess Mary's expected arrival in Tasmania later this week.
It is believed the Tasmanian-born Princess is leaving Denmark for Australia today with her two princes in tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom