Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie is wearing the Aquamarine tiara for the first time in a long time at the wedding:

Pic

I only love the stone but not the rest of the tiara.

I admit that I thought that this tiara might have been a loanern. This makes clear: it isn't! The Countess of Wessex looks perfectly with it, wonderful. It's so nice to see it again, and her hairstyle goes will with it as well.

I have to say I'm not a fan of this tiara, the design is just odd. I much prefer it worn as a necklace.

I like this one, but I think it works better as a tiara than a necklace.

Prince Carl Philip´s wedding.

Images have been cropped (less than 20% of the originals) and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• sophie.jpg
    sophie.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 210
Is that her tiara or a loaner from the Queen?

LaRae

Is that her tiara or a loaner from the Queen?

LaRae
It must be her own tiara, since it has never been seen worn by any other member of the RF. It is a contemporary jewel and was made by Collins.

The Countess of Wessex was only pictured with it in two events before: the investiture of Prince Albert II of Monaco and a diplomatic corps reception, both event in November 2005. Sophie has also worn it as a necklace once or twice. This jewel hasn't been seen in public for years, although she might have worn it at other diplomatic corps receptions without us seen pictures.

Imo it looks beautiful on the CoW, so I'm very happy to see it again.

It's very pretty...I like it. I wonder if it was a gift from the BRF or just something she and Edward purchased.

LaRae

I like that Sophie brought this tiara out for the day as it's a beautiful tiara. It also sits much better on her head now her hair is longer.

I did my best to find photos of all of Sophie's tiara appearances. I've likely missed some events, but we all know that the Brits are not good at having their tiara events photographed. I did find that Sophie attended more dinners than I thought, like the Norwegian Official Visit and the Qatar State Visit. And, as always, I put the dates with the photos.

Sophie's Wedding Tiara | Part 1 |
5 Aquamarine Tiara | Part 1 |
Aquamarine Necklace Tiara | Part 1 |
Button Tiara | Part 1 |

Very good your work. Beautiful tiaras. And this Button tiara i don't see it before.Don't wore it anymore?

Very good your work. Beautiful tiaras. And this Button tiara i don't see it before.Don't wore it anymore?

she only used it for Crown Prince Frederik's pre-wedding Opera Performance in 2004. I don't think anyone's been able to confirm it's provenance, but it was probably just a tiara she borrowed for that weekend.

Thanks for putting all that together and sharing it, G[FONT=&quot]ömdNatt - it's very much appreciated![/FONT]

They are Dior she has the brooch as well Anna I think mentioned it in her blog
I actually really like them a bit different for Sophie I think

Last edited:
That is a diamond daisy bandeau that was most likely a loan from a jeweller. The envent was the pre-wedding of Frederik and Mary in 2006, so that was before she had either of the aquamarine tiaras.
Oh... Ok! You can see how I made the mistake though!

I'm not a fan of "thick" necklaces, to be honest, but the bracelet is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom