Countess of Wessex Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is SOphie wearing that big aquamarine again, in Bermuda recently (and an interesting tan line to go with the dress she wore to the Swedish wedding).

sophie

Yes, good to see the grey dress from last year be recycled.

here is SOphie wearing that big aquamarine again, in Bermuda recently (and an interesting tan line to go with the dress she wore to the Swedish wedding).

sophie
Oh, I thought it was that dress, thank you for confirming, and the tan line certainly leaves one wondering.

sophie
this sone is bigger than in "33" it must be differant

No I wondered about that also Alyend I haven't seen it before and are the earrings a match here also ?????

Yes, I think I've never seen the earrings too

it's a great necklace; i've definitely never seen her in it. Probably the most regal of necklaces i've seen her in; the other two being the sunray one she wore for CP Victoria's wedding (probably borrowed from The Queen) and her aquamarine tiara/necklace.

I've never seen it before. I could be borrowed; though I hope not.

From the close up on the Royal Jewels of the World site it looks like the set is made up of white and yellow diamond flowers. If it is hers it must have cost a bomb.

Sophie is really starting to get a nice jewllery box
did one see any new jewllery items after the birth of her children?

I see that the Countess of Wessex is wearing a large brooch at the religious ceremony of prince Albert . Is it the prince Albert brooch??

I also noticed the brooch - but did not see any close-ups. Actually she also had something glittering on her hat.

Last edited:
I see that the Countess of Wessex is wearing a large brooch at the religious ceremony of prince Albert . Is it the prince Albert brooch??

It looks too pale for the Albert brooch. I wonder if it's the central stone from her tiara/necklace, but set as a brooch?

That aquamarine brooch is gorgeous!
But what happened to her aquamarine tiara? Did she loose? She has'nt worn it for ages. Yesterday she again wore her wedding tiara.

It looks too pale for the Albert brooch. I wonder if it's the central stone from her tiara/necklace, but set as a brooch?

The aquamarine on her tiara is oval shaped. The aquamarine on the brooch is rectangular or emerald-cut. I think she is trying to create a complete aquamarine parure.

Prince Albert & Charlene´s wedding

Images have been heavily cropped (less than 20% of the original versions) and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• sophie.jpg
    sophie.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 577
  • sp2.jpg
    sp2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 790
The aquamarine on her tiara is oval shaped. The aquamarine on the brooch is rectangular or emerald-cut. I think she is trying to create a complete aquamarine parure.

Agreed - now it can be seen in close up its easy to tell. I do like it - a lovely piece!

I have just read all 15 pages of this entire thread, and some thoughts I have noticed is that some posters have said that since the Wessex's are "minor" royalty within the British Royal Family, Sophie does not necessarily need a large jewelry collection, but I beg to differ. As has been hashed out, she has her wedding tiara ( whether you like it or not), the aquamarine tiara, and a loaner or something that she wore once to another wedding -- which come s to my point. Sophie and Edward have become the de facto representatives to royal weddings, which have a lot of photos and interaction with the rest of European royalty. I won't go into how this seems somewhat insulting to me that when Crown Prince / Crown Princesses are being married only a "minor" Brit is sent rather than the Brit "Crown Prince", but If the Wessex's are going to represent the Queen at all the weddings, Sophie needs a change of jewelry including her tiara's. She may not make the list of high profile photos at British State dinners, but she makes the photo lists for all the weddings. Now, I am not sure what other weddings in the major houses are still left - in the early 2000's we had the Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, and Spanish weddings. Prince Albert waited forever for his, but now he is married. Other than the Luxembourg Hereditary Grand Duke, there may not be many left. But if there are, the Wessex's will be there. And Sophie needs jewels.

I have just read all 15 pages of this entire thread, and some thoughts I have noticed is that some posters have said that since the Wessex's are "minor" royalty within the British Royal Family, Sophie does not necessarily need a large jewelry collection, but I beg to differ...
Absolutely agreed! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any photos of Sophie at the evening reception in Monaco? It would be nice to see if what tiara she wore, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom