Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2007 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And really CW is just a basic chick, right? Bracelets and scarves and the other dangle dangle would just trip her up and keep her from jumping as high as she can as fast as she can when Albert snaps his finger
king3.gif
that is very funny
There are lots of different shades of white...and very few people can wear pure white. Silk or diamond white (just off white) is the most popular color for wedding gowns. A very fair-skinned friend of mine wore 'oyster' (more on a beige) for her wedding and looked fine...it photographed well. Mine (the wedding never happened though) was called 'candlelight' which was a soft ivory... It's just a matter of finding what works for her and then using that knowledge. Remember, Diana wasn't born a fashion icon: no slips, frumpy "Sloane Ranger" clothes...it wasn't until the late 80's/early 90's that she found her own style.
ok i stand corrected- if she tried a different white it might look better on her than virgin white. imo she wears white to be view as sort of innocence,kind, person called me weird if you like but the color white denotes purity,virgin, innocence. for example a friend told me that if you go to court its better to wear bright & white colors to appear innocent rather than dark colors to be view or give the impression as gulity, weither or not thats true i dont really know.
also, about princess diana the women was so beautiful she could have worn a potato sack it wouldnt have matter to much. because she was so fresh.

hi jaya and pinklady
do you think charlene pull off wearing a hat?
i think it would be another mess

Lillia said:
yes, I agree with all of that -- CW :princess3: could have mixed it up a little bit with her accessories. Choosing textures and shades of color requires something a little more than just basic knowing how to match a few colors -- Charlene doesn't have it, imo.

And really CW is just a basic chick, right? Bracelets and scarves and the other dangle dangle would just trip her up and keep her from jumping as high as she can as fast as she can when Albert snaps his finger:king3:
What is this sacred "something more" required to chose shades and textures when you have become the "official companion" of PA?The "something more" is required in holding his heart[accomplished evidently] and the shades and textures should not be a brainer that supposedly Charlene does not have.the capability to conjure.
This comes as a unified position requiring knowledge of all aspects{aesthetics and what has been aforementioned} of what Monaco needs because PA is Monaco.

semisquare said:
hi jaya and pinklady
do you think charlene pull off wearing a hat?
i think it would be another mess
Hi semisquare,
That would have to be specially designed for her.[custom made to "fit" her head} I do not think that right now Miss Wittstock can go to the milliner's and know what is what if we are still at the shades and textures and hemlines stages.
Have to wait that out .

Last edited:
Well, maybe if she would have realy good fashion advisor she would look much better...

RachelD said:
I don't think she looked horrible, but I also think she needs to make some major adjustments.

1) The sandals need to GO! She could have worn some cute strappy heels. Not too high so as not to tower over Albert.

2) The "white-on-white" suit. Wedding, anyone? She could have chosen to wear different shades of white together instead of the same blindingly-bright-white all over. Or, thrown in some pastels, or even do a à-la-Mary, use some nuetral tones. Beige, light tan, cream color, bone color. Also, use some other fabric to break up the mono-tone look.

3) The hair. Charlene, dear, what is wrong with wearing a head-band? Or your hair half pulled back? Or in a pony-tail? Or in a chignon?

4) Fine, if she wanted to wear the entire white suit,ok. But add some colored accesories. Bright colored necklace, bracelets, earrings...whatever. Even the bag could have been another color.

Alright, those are my opinions.:flowers:
You have made some fabulous points but I have not seen a capable sophisticated dresser of "contrasts" in years. excepting "moi" The hair pulled back in a ponytail at the nape with a black chiffon scarf tied as a bow falling to the sides gracefully would be beautiful.
Miss Wittsock would look feminine with a few more contrasts; in contrasts;etc. I find this "basic" thing part of the androgynous body type and the possibility that alas there is no "coquette" therein. But we can hope &be optimistic certainly.

Last edited:
magnik said:
Well, maybe if she would have realy good fashion advisor she would look much better...
Then it would not be her but the fashion advisor and it would be transparent . I prefer she do the process herself as I credit Miss Wittstock with more.

I mean co-operation of her and fashion adviser.

Jaya said:
Keeping things basic is different from retaining the essentiality which Pa deserves as Head of State;Simplicity is different from from simplified practice &this will reflect on Monaco and the confidence of the investors.
Strange I find that Miss Wittsock bears a striking resemblance physiognomically to Cheryl Tiegs the top model of the seventies.It is astonishing to look at their photos side by side.I think the angularities of these Plantagenet features are difficult to highlight but not impossible.No human being is ugly until they do something of the sort.
The second part of your commentary about this being the 'hook' to keep Pa is too trite and I credit him and Miss Wittsock with more.Frankly I think perhaps Miss Wittsock has become complacent with mediocrity which is generationally born.Why must we visit the "Atlantis " of fashion everytime we see this lovely Cheryl Tiegs look alike?

:flowers:Jaya: again, you are very entertaining! (especially when I can figure out what you are talking about without having to resort to my thesaurus :study: ). If PA as Head of State deserves better, he should ask for it.

Apparently he asks only a few things from ms Charlene, dressing appropriately for certain events is not one of them...

I think CW (regardless anything else) has an ultra basic, ultra simple, unadorned (some might say unsophisticated) way. :) . The ability to choose textures requires 1) an interest in doing so and 2) some know how. Again, I don't think Charlene has either so she can forget about it. IMO.

If she wasn't into trying to keep Albert's attention (even at the most basic level) she would never have moved to MC, right? (as you know, you are not required to agree, it's ok..)

I give CW credit for some basic things (like not caring about what people say about her, even if she looks like shes been tossed around a few times) but having style and taste is certainly not it. She's a serious junior beginner novice in that department, imo.

If she's training to be Monaco first 'something or other' (because we know she has not been training for the '08 Olympics), she'll get a stylist.

For now, I think CW needs to work on her clothes and her hair because does style matter. And you said it right -- her fashion sense is definitely below sea level so we're starting below basic with her and trying real hard to break the surface - like her or not. :lol:

The frequent visits to "Atlantis" with CW clothes and hair is probably because she has all the style and fashion sense of a mermaid:beamup:.

JMO

Last edited:
and she wore what i call virgin white again..........in a halter top styles dress with what look to me to be a high waist. can someone post a pic of it please. also, whats up with the white? imo she looks wash out.

From Isifa & polfoto

Volley beach Final
halter dress... We can see too much.. :ermm:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/is_14361083.jpg

Last hight @ ceremony of closure "Small States Games"
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/is_14365443.jpg
Quite nice...;)
( the black is the perfect color but...this kind of dress is not good for her shoulders shape.. the stole must be weared in order to cover shoulders. Only people with long neck and small shoulders can wear the stole on the neck)
For the first time, classic shoes... :wub:

"Try again baby... you are on the right way:D "

LadyMichelle said:
From Isifa & polfoto

Volley beach Final
halter dress... We can see too much.. :ermm:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/is_14361083.jpg

Last hight @ ceremony of closure "Small States Games"
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/is_14365443.jpg
Quite nice...;)
( the black is the perfect color but...this kind of dress is not good for her shoulders shape.. the stole must be weared in order to cover shoulders. Only people with long neck and small shoulders can wear the stole on the neck)
For the first time, classic shoes... :wub:

"Try again baby... you are on the right way:D "

I have to correct myself... When I saw these photos I tought she was wearing a night dress... but from these photo she is clearly wearing a top with trousers...
closer view of top and purse http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/6382825_POLFOTO.jpg
Top and trousers
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/6382820_POLFOTO-1.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/6382819_POLFOTO.jpg

Last edited:
LadyMichelle said:
I have to correct myself... When I saw these photos I tought she was wearing a night dress... but from these photo she is clearly wearing a top with trousers...
closer view of top and purse http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/6382825_POLFOTO.jpg
Top and trousers
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/6382819_POLFOTO.jpg[/

Thank you Lady Michele. I could not tell from the other photos what she was wearing. At first it look like a long dress with a huge slit but with these photos I can tell she is wearing pants. I would have preferred that she wear a different top as I don't think the bustier type of top is appropriate for this event unless as you say her shoulders are covered. Also the scarf around the neck as you point out only accents the shoulders once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ava Gardner meets Sam Giancana

When I saw this I thought it was the Ava Gardner meets Sam Giancana outfit but where is Ava as Frank Sinatra is introducing her to the head of the mob?
Upon closer scrutiny I saw that it is an Indian outfit called a modified "salwar kameez"[pants top,scarf called dupatta and pajama pants]The top has been modified to be strapless with a bit of drape in the cups on the faux bustline which is for nightclub outings.Did we mix up the schedule again happens all the time now?The black scarf[dupatta} at the neck is only for mourning purposes; scarves are generally white or lighter colours to give colour to the face unless worn with bright jewellery.The bared shoulders and heavy arms detract from the possibility of any essential beauty by making a vision of a Turkish wrestler sitting in the stands.Miss Wittsock is not listening.
Black is unbecoming on Miss Wittsock and the outfit is not for the closing of a sporting event but for a disco or a Punjabi bhangra function.Again we got our sequins and perfume mixed up did we?No afarid CW won't be told.
Again CW has no waist but this outfit is inappropriate for the event.The tailor was Punjabi I have suits like that wandering India thousands of them. Another scarf [dupatta] at the neck would have been more flattering.
And it is Ava's dress honey what the devil are you doing in Ava's dress when only Ava can fill that one.And only she can have the admiration of Ernest Hemingway and Sam Giancana at the same time.Miss Wittsock attires for a gypsy memorial festival when all that was needed was a skirt and top.Like trying to kill an ant with a machine gun.
yours for fashion
Jaya

Last edited:
tube top, halter, tube, tube, halter, halter, halter, tube. she thinks she looks good and has found her style by golly and she's sticking to it. the pants are worse than i thought, i 1/2 way liked it as a long dress (as out of place as it was) i don't have stylists but i have a husband and friends who have no problem saying "are you going to wear that" . who hasn't called a friend and asked what are you going to wear or called the host and asked what was appropriate to wear. its called effort and follow through, in the end i blame albert,he should guide her, he should care people are laughing at her. i don't know maybe he does and she ignores him. all i know is i'll eat my computer sauteed in olive oil with garlic if she ever become a "style icon"..... wait i better take that back considering posh is setting the standard these days.

gypsy memorial service NOW THATS FUNNY

hibou said:
LadyMichelle said:
Top and trousers
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/6382819_POLFOTO.jpg[/
quote]

Thank you Lady Michele. I could not tell from the other photos what she was wearing. At first it look like a long dress with a huge slit but with these photos I can tell she is wearing pants. I would have preferred that she wear a different top as I don't think the bustier type of top is appropriate for this event unless as you say her shoulders are covered. Also the scarf around the neck as you point out only accents the shoulders once again.

I think the outfit is 'interesting'. :mellow:

not my taste at all actually. I would not have chosen that for her either.

I did not understand why on the last picture, one foot looks covered in black stocking while the other foot looks bare in the shoe? Maybe my eyes are acting up - one foot is flesh color, the other foot has black hosiery. I don't get the leather/ribbon thing on her pant legs either. The criss-cross up the thigh along with the slit legs.

interesting outfit.:flowers:

Last edited:
Jaya said:
You have made some fabulous points but I have not seen a capable sophisticated dresser of "contrasts" in years. excepting "moi" The hair pulled back in a ponytail at the nape with a black chiffon scarf tied as a bow falling to the sides gracefully would be beautiful.
Miss Wittsock would look feminine with a few more contrasts; in contrasts;etc. I find this "basic" thing part of the androgynous body type and the possibility that alas there is no "coquette" therein. But we can hope &be optimistic certainly.

Dear Jaya,
If and when :)rolleyes:) Charlene is made the official fianceé/wife of Prince Albert, they really should look into hiring you as her personal dresser/apearance coordinator for life! Bravo chica!!! :D

Posts with personal conversation have been removed. If you wish to make plans with other posters, please do so via PM. This thread is for discussing Miss Wittstock's fashion and style.

Mandy
Royal House of Fashion Moderator

made me look twice also lillia, i think instead of a black stocking its the sheer black material hanging over the shoes. it doesn't look like that in other photos. my first thought was black stocking, black tube top, full black, awfully funeraly, but now we know it was a gypsy memorial festival. (i'm sorry but that just cracks me up)

bbb said:
made me look twice also lillia, i think instead of a black stocking its the sheer black material hanging over the shoes. it doesn't look like that in other photos. my first thought was black stocking, black tube top, full black, awfully funeraly, but now we know it was a gypsy memorial festival. (i'm sorry but that just cracks me up)

yes you are correct. It is clearer in the last picture on the top row

still not my taste at all.

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

Lillia said:
yes you are correct. It is clearer in the last picture on the top row

still not my taste at all.

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories
Lilllia dearest,
This is the latest outfit worn by"Bollywood " Indian movie stars in that style.
It was a style originated by Zeenat Aman who was attempting to combine West and East in her movies.[check google everybody &wikipedia I know Zeenatji} in the seventies but she had the "va voom"[her clothes were designed by Xexes Bathena] and had to get the truck drivers into the cinema to watch her.for box office and she is as statuesque as Charlene.

Last edited:
If I had the attention, time and caring looks and all from my "love", my famous prince, I would just keep on doing and being what he likes. And I guess he likes her big shoulders, certainly a lot of things about her at this poing in time.

So she has the present and maybe the last laugh.

I'm sure Charlene would appreciate some members offering her fashion advice, but after observing some of the ghastly cheap choices linked in this topic, I can already hear the grumblings from all the influential fashionistas in the world. They would slam her, and that's something that she doesn't need as Albert's companion. So far, not one of the major fashion editors, stylists, or fashionista groupies have complained about her style, and since they haven't then obviously they think her choice of items are fine.

Now in the future if Charlene decides to hire a fantastic stylist, with a keen eye for body imperfections, and what would look best on her, she should befriend Tina Chai, Julia von Boehm, or Olivier Rizzo.

I purposely left out Rachel Zoe, she's a bad influence in more ways than one.

GlitteringTiaras said:
I'm sure Charlene would appreciate some members offering her fashion advice, but after observing some of the ghastly cheap choices linked in this topic, I can already hear the grumblings from all the influential fashionistas in the world. They would slam her, and that's something that she doesn't need as Albert's companion. So far, not one of the major fashion editors, stylists, or fashionista groupies have complained about her style, and since they haven't then obviously they think her choice of items are fine.

Now in the future if Charlene decides to hire a fantastic stylist, with a keen eye for body imperfections, and what would look best on her, she should befriend Tina Chai, Julia von Boehm, or Olivier Rizzo.

the reason style editors, etc. are not taking notice is because she is a nobody right now, not worth their time or their space on their columns. most of them don't care much or take notice because she can't sell right now as opposed to if she were Princess Charlene of Monaco.

the links posted here, in my opinion, offer better alternatives than those she has worn thus far. it is the style not the label or price that makes the person a true fashion icon. just my opinion :flowers:

Actually, I would disagree with you.

Since Albert is a high profile person, his sister is closely tied with the fashion world and her daughter is considered to be a young fashion influence, of course major fashion editors would notice Charlene's style, she's around high profile people.

Wasn't Karl Lagerfeld recently at the same event as Charlene? He has a big mouth and trust me, if he hated her style, he would say something. Yet, he hasn't. Hmm, guess Charlene is considered to be okay when it comes to her choice of fashion.

Believe me those in fashion love to talk about anyone and everyone. Whether you are the Queen of Whatever or the companion of the sovereign of Monaco, they don't care. If someone is wearing some awful black evening suit or halter number to a major event or some cheap $99 evening gown splashed/bedazzled with ugly tacky sequins, they would talk despite who you are or who you may become.

So far, Charlene is doing quite well, despite the fact your and other members disagree with her fashion choices.

Reproving & slamming

GlitteringTiaras said:

Firstly let me clarify reagrding my allusion to Zeenat Aman there is nothing"cheap" about the comparison of Miss Wittsock's outfit to that of Zeenat Aman's style sensibilities. What Zeenat wore was considered "bold" but has left an indelible mark as well on fashion history. Her sex appeal got people into the cinemas& not her outfits alone.Lovemarks: the future beyond brands [see Zeenat Aman}
Reproving and slamming are two different things. No one has complained because those individuals you mention[editors and so on] are usually paid hefty sums to offer advice or just give criticism.We do not know what they think and neither do we.have assurances that their silence is approval. I am confused by your argument; if all the editors have not ventured an opinion and you think the choices must then be fine because they have not spoken of them why mention a "stylist"?{for anything]
If you can hear the grumblings from"cheap" fashionista groupies you are not the one to say that reproving and "slamming"[colloquialism] are the identical thing&that that is not what Miss Wittsock needs[unless you are her spokesperson} as Pa's official companion.
This is a thread about fashion and not what you imagine the needs of Miss Wittsock.It is borderline perverse to watch this spectacle & ghastly to know the complacency with acceptance of mediocrity.This is the apotheosis because some have convictions as "fashion groupies"and some do not.
You know that outfit that appears like she was going on a pilgrimage to the Golden Temple[Sikh Shrine} but took the Haryana Pass was fantastic and out of this world.And I can just see her in a similar one doing charity work for Monaco and reciting:
O beau Monaco jardin fleuri,
plein de parfums.plein de soleil,
la nature est si belle chez toi
qui tu es l'etoile de La Riveira.

Last edited:
GlitteringTiaras said:

They haven't complained because she isn't significant to the fashion world at this point. To them she is just another of Albert's long string of girlfriends. If and when she becomes something more- Look out! Then you will here from them. They are already onto Charlotte and Tatiana. I think the more important point is Why hasn't she gone to them for help? or perhaps she has and they aren't interested or she just can't be bothered because she already thinks she's the cats meow.

Agree to disagree

GlitteringTiaras said:
Actually, I would disagree with you.

Since Albert is a high profile person, his sister is closely tied with the fashion world and her daughter is considered to be a young fashion influence, of course major fashion editors would notice Charlene's style, she's around high profile people.

Wasn't Karl Lagerfeld recently at the same event as Charlene? He has a big mouth and trust me, if he hated her style, he would say something. Yet, he hasn't. Hmm, guess Charlene is considered to be okay when it comes to her choice of fashion.

Believe me those in fashion love to talk about anyone and everyone. Whether you are the Queen of Whatever or the companion of the sovereign of Monaco, they don't care. If someone is wearing some awful black evening suit or halter number to a major event or some cheap $99 evening gown splashed/bedazzled with ugly tacky sequins, they would talk despite who you are or who you may become.

So far, Charlene is doing quite well, despite the fact your and other members disagree with her fashion choices.
Me too I disagree with you too
So far Charlene has been the biggest fashion catastrophe since Khrushchev's wife standing beside Jackie Kennedy.Problems problems not doing well at all and there maybe analogy in some members yielding to identification with those who have never excelled nor ever wish to extend to surpass themselves. Sure Cw is great and the investors in Monaco will decide so soon enough.
Because we cheap fashion groupies are someone to someone.For some nothing ventured nothing gained but some are inconsiderate of those she may potentially represent.And there have been grumblings.....from the Hippodrome and throughout.
So no she has been a fiasco and I think Monaco deserves a bit more and CW can do that.

Last edited:
Attributionist companion

GlitteringTiaras said:

The worst slamming that has been done is to Monaco itself .It is sheer effrontery and downright disrespect to say that anyone with the insolence of the epithet "companion" or "official companion" in the year 2007[when women made strides to be free of concubine & haremic issues} abuses this as a the weapon of an attributionist?[and some believe it and her while they are attempting to censor the dissentors again and again;but bad taste does not go away like that it permeates everything and para signifies} and any rational criticism levelled at her for her modified Frederick's of Hollywood outfit[especially those pants} is regarded as cheap ,slamming& ghastly.Of course CW does not need this right now[she got this far without criticism did she not?] As many are romantically poised on an impending marriage But they do not think that many have said" My kingdom" & then had to say "My kingdom for a horse" and all that because they could not see the clothes they were wearing were claiming the situation that was not respectfully earned from those in the Hippodrome.and that they may have been high mimetic and tragically flawed. And that just may be the way the situation may end or not end without a bang but a "whimper" to paraphrase TS Eliot that definitive poet of the cheap "slamming" fashionistas.

Last edited:
Firstly let me clarify reagrding my allusion to Zeenat Aman there is nothing"cheap" about the comparison of Miss Wittsock's outfit to that of Zeenat Aman's style sensibilities. What Zeenat wore was considered "bold" but has left an indelible mark as well on fashion history. Her sex appeal got people into the cinemas& not her outfits alone.Lovemarks: the future beyond brands [see Zeenat Aman}

In your eyes, no. But to my trained eye, yes, it is cheap looking.

Reproving and slamming are two different things. No one has complained because those individuals you mention[editors and so on] are usually paid hefty sums to offer advice or just give criticism.We do not know what they think and neither do we.have assurances that their silence is approval.

Wrong, but I'll let you believe otherwise.

I am confused by your argument; if all the editors have not ventured an opinion and you think the choices must then be fine because they have not spoken of them why mention a "stylist"?{for anything]

You're confused? :lol: I love a kidder.

Actually (if you are serious), you are making more difficult for yourself because you cannot counter my statement. Jaya, you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. There is nothing to argue against, especially when it comes to an objective opinion.

If you can hear the grumblings from"cheap" fashionista groupies you are not the one to say that reproving and "slamming"[colloquialism] are the identical thing&that that is not what Miss Wittsock needs[unless you are her spokesperson} as Pa's ?official companion.

I'm sorry, but could you please rephrase that statement. Second, could you perhaps be a bit more clear and concise. Thanks.:)

This is a thread about fashion and not what you imagine the needs of Miss Wittsock.

Yes, and I am one of the Mods here who has experience outside of the forums in fashion. Furthermore, this sub-froum is not only here to discuss the latest pieces worn by various royals, their respective girlfriends, and companions, but this sub-forum is also meant for people to discuss what a particular royal should wear (meaning: Fashion suggestions for [insert name here].)

It is borderline perverse to watch this spectacle & ghastly to know the complacency with acceptance of mediocrity.This is the apotheosis because some have convictions as "fashion groupies"and some do not.

:lol: Okay.

You know that outfit that appears like she was going on a pilgrimage to the Golden Temple[Sikh Shrine} but took the Haryana Pass was fantastic and out of this world.

No, actually I don't know.

Since your in the pontificating mood, about everything under the sun, why don't you tell me and the rest of TRF objective members who don't have an axe to grind against Charlene.

And I can just see her in a similar one doing charity work for Monaco and reciting:
O beau Monaco jardin fleuri,
plein de parfums.plein de soleil,
la nature est si belle chez toi
qui tu es l'etoile de La Riveira.

And this is relevant to the topic... how? Let me guess: You're trying your hand at sarcasm, right? Yeah, it's not working.

:D

:flowers: BACK ON TOPIC:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom