Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with this. If they're too long, they are ludicrous. I thought that the small train that Camilla had at the blessing service at St. George's Chapel was quite adequate, very graceful and not ridiculous.

If this was Kate's second wedding, and was only a blessing service at St. George's Chapel I would agree with you.

Camilla was a middle aged woman with children, having her second wedding. A very long train would have been ludicrous indeed under those circumstances!

I do agree that Camilla looked perfect at that service though...she has never looked better.

The other thread, with the flowers and trees mentioned, seems to imply that many pastel colors are in the floral arrangements. I suppose pastels can work with red, but I'm hoping for a blue carpet.

Have we established yet what color the carpet is at the Abbey?

I've been waiting for this "musing"!
IMO the only thing we can be sure of is that Diana would have made sure she upstaged everyone bar the Bride!!

Interesting way to look at Diana's style. I think it was inevitable that, being so tall and willowy, Diana would stand out in most crowds (also that blonde hair).

But, I would think that even Diana would have to think carefully about what to wear as mother of the groom.

Speaking of which, will Camilla act as the mother of the groom in some ways? I know I've asked this before, but I'm not sure there's been enough speculation! Who is going to ride with the father of the bride, I guess I'm asking. If it's been asked and answered, direct me to yon thread!

(Or is this just one more thing we're holding our breath to see what happens?)

The other thread, with the flowers and trees mentioned, seems to imply that many pastel colors are in the floral arrangements. I suppose pastels can work with red, but I'm hoping for a blue carpet.

Have we established yet what color the carpet is at the Abbey?

Some reports mentioned it was red.

Since its confirmed that the flowers are seasonal im thinking bright colors such as yellow, pink, purples etc but im sure they will settle for 1 or 2 colors rather than mixing tons of colors.

Speaking of which, will Camilla act as the mother of the groom in some ways? I know I've asked this before, but I'm not sure there's been enough speculation! Who is going to ride with the father of the bride, I guess I'm asking. If it's been asked and answered, direct me to yon thread!

(Or is this just one more thing we're holding our breath to see what happens?)

Charles & Camilla will ride in the carriage with the Middletons.

Charles & Camilla will ride in the carriage with the Middletons.

yeps... will be Kate and William in the first, Pippa and Harry and wedding party in the 2nd (and 3rd?). HM and the DoE after the bridal party with Charles, Camilla, Mike and Carole following.

yeps... will be Kate and William in the first, Pippa and Harry and wedding party in the 2nd (and 3rd?). HM and the DoE after the bridal party with Charles, Camilla, Mike and Carole following.

How come Harry & Pipa in the 2nd? Why not the Queen then the parents then Harry & Pipa? Im just thinking age wise unless it goes in a different order.

How come Harry & Pipa in the 2nd? Why not the Queen then the parents then Harry & Pipa? Im just thinking age wise unless it goes in a different order.

When you think about it, it makes sense. The recessional from the Abbey will be Kate and William leaving first with the bridal party following. They are the main players in the wedding. The Queen is the last to be seated before the bridal party enters the Abbey. Any other occasion, she is the LAST to enter before anything starts. With a wedding, its one time that HM is seated before any other person. It IS William and Kate's day and due to that, they get precedence over the Queen. It would be really odd if they were already at the altar when the Queen was seated.

The procession from the Abbey to Buckingham Palace reflects this. As they go in, they go out. The bridal party will naturally follow Wills and Kate out. Once they're gone, the first person who is NOT in the bridal party is HM and the DoE. She does take precedence over the parents of the bride and groom even. :)

I think I got that right...

Bride & Groom
Bridal Party in 2 carriages
Queen & DoE
Parents of Bride & Groom

wymanda said:
Bride & Groom
Bridal Party in 2 carriages
Queen & DoE
Parents of Bride & Groom

Yep. Wymanda has it down. That is the order I've seen in many royal weddings.

They have posted pics of the Abbey and the flowers. They are greens and whites. I think it is going to be a earthy color theme for the dresses like the Autumn Kelley color green or even a ivory color. Often you pull your bridal bouquet from the flowers or vice versa they all go together and looking at the pics makes me want to see the bouquet and gown even more. I have a feeling that that they really are trying to make it a wedding that would occur in a local church but they are "forced" to do it live in front of millions. I am really leaning towards her not wearing a tiara....PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG!:bang:

They have posted pics of the Abbey and the flowers. They are greens and whites. I think it is going to be a earthy color theme for the dresses like the Autumn Kelley color green or even a ivory color. Often you pull your bridal bouquet from the flowers or vice versa they all go together and looking at the pics makes me want to see the bouquet and gown even more. I have a feeling that that they really are trying to make it a wedding that would occur in a local church but they are "forced" to do it live in front of millions. I am really leaning towards her not wearing a tiara....PLEASE LET ME BE WRONG!:bang:

Do you mean Royal Casual? HORRORS!!! :D

I hope your wrong too..... I'm having a Royal wedding sleepover tiara party. If this wedding doesn't bowl me over (or us).... I am gonna cry....;)

From the looks of the articles I was reading in the Daily Mail, the dress is already at the Goring Hotel. There was a picture of someone helping load the Middletons' personal affects into the hotel, and one of them was a very long white dress bag.

NO it can't be Royal Casual. I will be out at 4am in my Spencer Tiara and my girls will have on fascinators while we have scones and tea for breakfast on my Grandma's China. We got up at 4am when I was 6 to watch Charles and Diana get married. Katherine will be a beautiful bride no matter what dress she wears but she needs to step it up and be a beautiful Princess Bride.

Oh I would so love to be a cleaning lady and sneak in and take a peek at the gown....it is probably under 24 hour security watch!

I wish Catherine would pick something with a really nice corset bodice and a sort of an A-line skirt with some beautiful detailing. I'd also be happy with a straighter lined skirt that is gathered at the back. No ruffles or too much detailing but clean lines and something to spice it up. I saw a beautiful hairstyle by Lino Carbosiero on a British TV documentary about the preparations for the wedding and I'm hoping she would go with that, a beautiful tiara and a simple veil.

Something like this with long sleeves might be nice:

http://p.dresstimes.com/WD/Akita/Akita.jpg

The fabric of the skirt could be nicer of course and draped more nicely than in this gown but you get the idea. I also like this one:

http://image.confetti.co.uk/i/fashi..._search/images/0810_benRoberts_berlin_475.jpg

It would have to have some sleeves of course, since I believe long sleeves would be required.

Last edited:

I think you are right MichelleVA. I hope my intuition about no tiara is wrong.

i think its going to be a Princess Letizia type dress. Don't know why, but i just think so...its going to be sleek and long.

From the looks of the articles I was reading in the Daily Mail, the dress is already at the Goring Hotel. There was a picture of someone helping load the Middletons' personal affects into the hotel, and one of them was a very long white dress bag.

I saw that it was a very small garment bag... yes long but if that was the dress.. it
be a very fitted one..:ermm: I cant seem to find the stroy again to post the picture you still got it??
found it ....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal-...ead-of-royal-wedding-picture-115875-23090730/

Last edited:
I saw that it was a very small garment bag... yes long but if that was the dress.. it
be a very fitted one..:ermm: I cant seem to find the stroy again to post the picture you still got it??
found it ....

Kate Middleton's dad arrives with dresses ahead of royal wedding - picture - mirror.co.uk

Somehow I doubt they'd be bringing the dress. I have a feeling the dress has already been delivered elsewhere or it will be delivered but not by the Middletons.

You know, you cannot necessarily 'see' if the dress is a full one or a tight fitting by looking at the garment bag. My wedding dress had quite a lot of heavy silk in it (several meters) and it could still fit inside a fairly regular size garment bag (well, not exactly the smallest one since I am the same height as Princess Diana ;)). Of course that did not include the farthingale (a sort of underskirt, a hoop skirt) that had to be carried separately. I would expect Miss Middleton's ensemble to be delivered in several bags and boxes as well.

I saw the pic of them unloading the wedding attire in garment bags, and I thought I saw a bit of gold peaking out from the garment bag that looks like a formal dress. However, I have doubts that THE wedding dress would be brought in so casually. Considering how top secret it has been, and the fact that the bag doesn't look bulky enough for a wedding gown, I would say it wasn't her wedding dress. My bet is the designer will sneak it in sometime tomorrow in order to let it settle and to steam or press it. The less time away from the designers workshop, the more secretive it will remain.

Somehow I doubt they'd be bringing the dress. I have a feeling the dress has already been delivered elsewhere or it will be delivered but not by the Middletons.

You know, you cannot necessarily 'see' if the dress is a full one or a tight fitting by looking at the garment bag. My wedding dress had quite a lot of heavy silk in it (several meters) and it could still fit inside a fairly regular size garment bag (well, not exactly the smallest one since I am the same height as Princess Diana ;)). Of course that did not include the farthingale (a sort of underskirt, a hoop skirt) that had to be carried separately. I would expect Miss Middleton's ensemble to be delivered in several bags and boxes as well.

I agree. However, viewing the pic again I noticed that there is a sheet or some type of fabric that the delivery person is holding over the garment bag. You can see he is wrestling with it to keep the bag covered. There is also something with gold embelishment or thread hanging out. Interesting.

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton and Prince William's final rehearsal at Westminster Abbey | Mail Online

My bet is they long ago moved the dress into the hotel knowing the days leading up would have tons of photographers and all the rest is family dresses, or maybe outright decoys :) sneaky!

My bet is they long ago moved the dress into the hotel knowing the days leading up would have tons of photographers and all the rest is family dresses, or maybe outright decoys :) sneaky!

Mmmmmm....don't think so. I don't think that dress would be hanging anywhere outside of the Designer's studio without security or the Middleton family gaurding it. This has been the best kept Royal wedding dress secret thus far, and I don't think they would take any chances at this point.

texankitcat said:
Mmmmmm....don't think so. I don't think that dress would be hanging anywhere outside of the Designer's studio without security or the Middleton family gaurding it. This has been the best kept Royal wedding dress secret thus far, and I don't think they would take any chances at this point.

Maybe some one is guarding it- just at the hotel.....;) I like this secretive stuff, very undercover- lol

Maybe some one is guarding it- just at the hotel.....;) I like this secretive stuff, very undercover- lol

And maybe the dress bag they photographed IS the wedding dress. After all we wouldn't be expecting the ultimate mystery dress to be delivered with all the other wedding attire right in front of the cameras. Hmmmmm....very sneeky. :cool:

The dress could be at the Abbey. Kate goes to the Abbey on Friday morning, gets dressed, is motored back to the hotel in a car with blackout windows. Wearing a Red Riding Hood cape over her gown, she enteres the hotel, goes up to the suite and dons the tiara and heads off to get wed.

OR...the gown is delivered in a meat truck in the middle of the night.

texankitcat said:
And maybe the dress bag they photographed IS the wedding dress. After all we wouldn't be expecting the ultimate mystery dress to be delivered with all the other wedding attire right in front of the cameras. Hmmmmm....very sneeky. :cool:

Oooooh I like it, very sneaky!

QUOTE="KittyAtlanta"]The dress could be at the Abbey. Kate goes to the Abbey on Friday morning, gets dressed, is motored back to the hotel in a car with blackout windows. Wearing a Red Riding Hood cape over her gown, she enteres the hotel, goes up to the suite and dons the tiara and heads off to get wed.

OR...the gown is delivered in a meat truck in the middle of the night.[/QUOTE]

Also very sneaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom