Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
grevinnan said:
Catherine needs two dresses (at least) for the day. The wedding dress and a dress for the evening event.

I disagree-many plp wear 1 to both events as have all the CP's (I think) but if she wants 2 that's ok too, I just hope we get pics at least of the second one

I disagree-many plp wear 1 to both events as have all the CP's (I think) but if she wants 2 that's ok too, I just hope we get pics at least of the second one

Well, IMo I would go for 2 dresses, the second dress for the evening can be quit eight & simple. It would be quite hard to stay in a dress especially if it was heavy form the morning to the night, even if she had a few hours and changed into something before putting it back on would be not fun IMO. The designer could do a detachable train for the evening.

For the second event I don't expect her to wear a lavish wedding dress but a simple white/ivory dress from chiffon and maybe with lace.

I wonder if she will wear another white dress or something completely different for the evening do. Perhaps something by Issa or one of the non-British designer favourites?

Yes, but how many people have 2 or even 3 receptions in 1 day? I doubt she will wear the same dress for the evening as for the morning. I am thinking a white / ivory/ champagne colored evening dress.

firebee34 said:
Yes, but how many people have 2 or even 3 receptions in 1 day? I doubt she will wear the same dress for the evening as for the morning. I am thinking a white / ivory/ champagne colored evening dress.

My sister had two receptions - one formal at the Shriner's Hall and another informal reception at her husband's club later that evening. My sister and the rest of us were in party pantsuits.
I also doubt she would wear the same dress for the evening, especially if the dress has yards and yards of train on it, and/or it is heavy from the sheer weight of the fabric.

Any wedding I've been to where there's either been a huge gap between the service and the reception or multiple receptions, have seen the bride changing dresses -- usually into something a bit more evening gown like or slinkier, if any receptions are in the evening.

So I can see Catherine wearing her wedding gown for the breakfast immediately after the service, and then changing into something else for the latter events during the day, especially the evening function thrown by the Prince of Wales.

It would be interested to find out who is doing the second dress as the focus is all on the main dress. I think the reception evening dress is going to be kind of fitted with a flow to it.

She favors the brand Issa a lot, perhaps that may be where she gets her 2nd dress (if she wears one) from.

She favors the brand Issa a lot, perhaps that may be where she gets her 2nd dress (if she wears one) from.

I wouldn't like to see an Issa gown, they all look a-like & the fabric isn't elegant for a wedding reception IMO, even if its custom made, I still think she should go for another designer.

Would it be an option if she wore sleeveless or off the shoulders to her big day or would it be long sleeves or 3/4 quarters?

I would think as long as the shoulders are covered it would be okay. Even little cap sleeves of some kind. On Today show this morning they showed Princess Charlotte's wedding gown from 1840's?? and it had little cap sleeves. JMO for what it is worth....:flowers:

That was also the style of time, though. I believe that was the Empire era in terms of mode of dress. Either that or Georgian. Either way, small cap sleeves like that were on all women's dresses.

As for Issa -- it's a wedding reception or at least an evening reception; a slinkier, more Hollywood-type gown is more than appropriate. She doesn't need to still wear her bridal satin or a wedding gown of some nature.

The nice thing about a second dress is that you can choose something completely different from your first choice! Why do a replica of the ceremony gown?
Issa designer Daniela Helayel is very talented and I can totally see Kate wearing on of her dresses at the 2nd reception.

Regardless of who gets to make it, I WILL NEED TO SEE it, Kate! :lol:

Why is it we believe almost nothing reported but 1 time person (Bruce O) is reported as saying shell have a 2nd dress and we believe that? (not saying it's not true just wondering where we draw the line about believing the media)

Maybe there will or won't be but I 100% agree if there is I'd like to see it and a slinky sexy dress would be fun/appropriate .....

Last edited:
Why is it we believe almost nothing reported but 1 time person (Bruce O) is reported as saying shell have a 2nd dress and we believe that? (not saying it's not true just wondering where we draw the line about believing the media)

Maybe there will or won't be but I 100% agree if there is I'd like to see it and a slinky sexy dress would be fun/appropriate .....

A slinky sexy dress would be nice. You think she would be able to get away that? When Diana wore that black strapless gown, I thought, "Uh oh, I don't think the Queen is going to be too happy with that!" I myself thought she looked fabulous! :)

I think whoever is designing gown 1 and gown 2 are keeping quite whether it is the same designer or different. I think Bruce O was just speculating at the time or Kate actually did go and ask him for 2 dresses but his designs where not what she hoped it to be so she went elsewhere & he started talking.

I think whoever is designing gown 1 and gown 2 are keeping quite whether it is the same designer or different. I think Bruce O was just speculating at the time or Kate actually did go and ask him for 2 dresses but his designs where not what she hoped it to be so she went elsewhere & he started talking.
Interesting, that's kind of the way I think it happened. Kate asked different designers to make a sketch for her and from that she chose.
If true will we ever found out the ones considered?..

Interesting, that's kind of the way I think it happened. Kate asked different designers to make a sketch for her and from that she chose.
If true will we ever found out the ones considered?..

Maybe we will as the designers could say we designed this or this was an idea but rejected who knows.

Speculation over royal wedding dress reaches fever pitch
Article

Yes, but how many people have 2 or even 3 receptions in 1 day?

It is quite traditional in Britain to have an 'evening' do at which you invite more people - usually the people you are not as close to - with the reception immediately following the ceremony reserved for close family and friends.

The evening do usually has the dancing element and finger food or a simple buffet, with the first reception being more of a formal sit-down meal with the speeches.

Hope this video can be put here. Very interesting about past royal ladies' dresses. I hope Catherine has sleeves. I personally am tired about modern wedding dress without sleeves.

Royal wedding dresses revealed - Fashion Videos - Telegraph

Love the first dress of Princess Charlotte. If she did not die in child birth English royalty succession of today would be different.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/gall...ng-dresses-through-the-years-in-pictures.html

Speculation over royal wedding dress reaches fever pitch | UK news | The Guardian

Last edited by a moderator:
debby1965 said:
I think most brides having a wedding gown made (not bought off the peg) design it themselves to a degree. I know I did. I chose my own fabrics and embellishments ... chose type of sleeves, skirt etc. My dressmaker then drafted a pattern and off we went. The wedding gown of my dreams.:flowers:

Oh I agree, definitely, every bride has preferences in the style, fabric, color, etc. of her wedding gown and every bride should have the dress she wants. I just think the designer of Catherine's dress should be (and probably is) a professional who will listen to Catherine's wishes and design Catherine's dream dress for her.

I looked at the sketches for kate and I loved the Stephane Rolland gown they created.

I've been wondering whether the designer is Phillippa Lepley, after all.

She was the favorite to begin with, then all these other designers were mentioned (although most have denied it). But I don't believe Lepley has issued a denial, has she?

I'll just be happy if it's not Sophie Cranston, I don't care for her designs at all.

IMHO although I do not know Ms Middleton, just from her tailored sense and conservative style, this looks like her..Mine too....I could see her in a couture collection...lovely.:)

I've been wondering whether the designer is Phillippa Lepley, after all.

She was the favorite to begin with, then all these other designers were mentioned (although most have denied it). But I don't believe Lepley has issued a denial, has she?

I'll just be happy if it's not Sophie Cranston, I don't care for her designs at all.

I would absolutely love it if Phillipla Lepley was the designer. Her wedding dresses are absolutely beautiful and her design style just screams Kate. However, I doubt it will be. She was an early favorite but was dropped pretty quickly from the list. :sad:

Royal wedding dress is very detailed model is not a noble dream. As will be full lace veil. I hope Princess Maxima's wedding dress is so beautiful and noble.

I would absolutely love it if Phillipla Lepley was the designer. Her wedding dresses are absolutely beautiful and her design style just screams Kate. However, I doubt it will be. She was an early favorite but was dropped pretty quickly from the list. :sad:

I agree with you ! I would love Philippa Lepley to be THE designer...Her wedding gowns are exquisite, and would perfectly fit Catherine.
Who knows...maybe we're in for a nice surprise next Friday :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom