Books on Diana, Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The book is not new !!!!!!

Hello,

today I see the Book. Unfortunately, the Book is not NEW !
All Images from the Book Diana Unseen Archives:bang:
But the Images larger more not:angry:

Does it have the same text as the Unseen Archives as well as having the same photos?

Dear Elspeth

Hello,

the text is new ( and the price ! ) but you found not ONLY one new Picture in this Book, nothing.
All Pictures from the Book Diana Unseen Archives.
The Images little larger and for last: Not all Images from the Book Diana Archives you can see here.

Do you want I send you scans from this Book and convince yourself.
Therefore you see at Ebay no Preview ( scans )

I'm not surprised that it doesn't seem to be selling well if it's got all the same photos. That's a shame. If she'd used new photos, it might have been a really good addition to the books on Diana.

Don't worry about sending scans; many thanks for offering, though. :flowers:

Thank you

Hello,

thanks for your feedback. It is really a shame, but I am angry about Ebay.
One Person sells this book and say ( my question is it new) :
" Hi, this book does have some new pictures and also has some pictures as in the unseen archives, The contents are Introduction, part one FAIRY-TALE PRINCESS, part two- QUEEN OF HEARTS, ACKNOWLEDGMENTS I hope this helps, It is a really a nice book. Another person is aelling it for $79.00 PLUS $5.85 shipping

A joke here the next answer
I THINK YOU MIS UNDERSTOOD ME, WHEN I SAID NEW I MEANT THE BOOK IS BRAND NEW NEVER OPENED!!!!!!

Okay, my english is not the best, but I UNDERSTAND New Pictures and the next joke: NEVER OPENED ???!!!

and last the next unfriendly answer:
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? AND I KNOW WHAT I WROTE!!!!! THE INFORMATION I GOT IN FRONT OF THE BOOK, AND ANOTHER PERSON WAS SELLING IT FOR $79.00. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T LOOK AT MY LISTINGS, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU EBAY DOES'NT NEED!!!!!!!!

This is more than unfair for Diana Fans and not a honest Ebayer for me and BELIEVE me Elspeth, you see not ONE new Picture in this Book.

This is the only book I have read about Diana and it gave me a new insit into her life. I obviously question everything that is written in the book, but if what Simone says is true, then we had a very troubled princess fo a time.

What do you think?

x

I have read it. I didn't find it very creditable. I believe there were to many inconstantcies.

I've not read this book or any books about Diana because there are so many to choose from! I wonder if I should start reading them all and get a general all-round view of what her life was like?! Are there any "facts" that keep cropping up that can be substantiated. I think I would only read a biography of someone if they or their family agreed to its publication. Good luck with the reading though!

I suggest you read Diana by Sarag Bradford. Its the best biography of the Princess of Wales imo.

Has anyone ever read the book about Diana by Julie Burchill? It was published in 1998 after her death. The author a British newspaper writer and the book is certainly written in an interesting style. I enjoyed reading it, and it does have some pictures too. It's different than other Diana books. Some might find the style a little critical of Diana, although the author says she admired Diana at the end of the book. The book is certainly critical of the Windsors. I had never heard of this book before but ran across it second hand recently and read it, and I just wonder what anyone else thinks of it.

Female Force

A comic book based on the life of Princess Diana and featuring illustrations of the Queen, Prince Charles and sons William and Harry, has been published in the U.S.
The book, entitled Female Force: Princess Diana, even includes pictures of Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, and reports of the 'Camillagate' tapes that featured an X-rated chat between the heir and his then mistress.

Read more: 'Female force' to be reckoned with: Princess Diana is immortalised in a 'glowing' comic book | Mail Online

Now that is tacky!

Cheesy and Tasteless, but something we Americans just Love to dish out and scoop up.

Looking For List Of Princess Diana Books

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm trying to find a complete list of all the books that have been written about Diana, from any and every angle.

I went online and looked up bookstore lists, such as, the Amazon.com list, but it doesn't include everything and I would like to know if such a list has been compiled and where it might be found?

Thanks,

:)

List Of Di Books

I'm replying to my own post. Sorry! I just found a list, right after looking and not finding one! AbeBooks has listed at least 202...202!!!! books written about her and that's not even including books written in foreign languages or shorter books. Here's the link, in case anyone else is interested: AbeBooks: Princess Diana Books

I was surprised that the Country Life Book about Diana that came out in 1982 was listed under the Fashion section. It was more of a general biography.

I'm replying to my own post. Sorry! I just found a list, right after looking and not finding one! AbeBooks has listed at least 202...202!!!! books written about her and that's not even including books written in foreign languages or shorter books. Here's the link, in case anyone else is interested: AbeBooks: Princess Diana Books

I was surprised that the Country Life Book about Diana that came out in 1982 was listed under the Fashion section. It was more of a general biography.

Would you believe that I still have that book in my collection?

Would you believe that I still have that book in my collection?

I do not understand your comment. I have that book also in my collection.I think everybody who collects about the princess has.:princess3:

Some people give their books to libraries or charities or sell them on ebay. I haven't sold any of my Diana books, but I gave one as a gift to someone.:)

I do not understand your comment. I have that book also in my collection.I think everybody who collects about the princess has.:princess3:

I also haven't sold and will not sell any of my books of Diana. In earlier years when i was very young i sometimes gave a book to someone or exchanged things but i really regret that.:bang:
i love every single thing i have about Diana.:heartflower:

Biographies about Diana

Hi,

As there are so many biographies written about Diana i would like to hear your opinions about them and what is the best reliable biography about her? I prefer the books written after her dead but when there is a biography who is very good and reliable written before her dead i would also like to know. The reason why i ask this is simply because i would like to read more biographies about her as till now i actually only read the book of Andrew Morton: her true story.

Thanks,

Di-fan:rose:

Hi,

As there are so many biographies written about Diana i would like to hear your opinions about them and what is the best reliable biography about her? I prefer the books written after her dead but when there is a biography who is very good and reliable written before her dead i would also like to know. The reason why i ask this is simply because i would like to read more biographies about her as till now i actually only read the book of Andrew Morton: her true story.

Thanks,

Di-fan:rose:

One that I really enjoyed reading this summer was "Diana The Last Word" by Simone Simmons. I saw it as not a "tell all" book done just for publicity and money but rather a very insightful look into the persona of Diana in her best and her worse. Simmons relates to us that Diana had requested her to write about her should something ever happen to her.

I also have started reading Paul Burrell's "The Way We Were", his account of his time with Diana. I've only read a short bit of this book and have put it aside for now. (reading all kinds of biographies and such on the BRF)
Burrell so far from what I have read, IMO, seems to be more focused on Paul than Diana. This might change once I pick up the book again.

Happy reading!

There are 2 books, I think, show the reah history:
Bradford, Sarah (2006). Diana
Kelley, Kitty (1997). The Royals

"A Royal Duty" by Paul Burrell. Thoroughly done, a window into the life of Diana day by day.

"A Royal Duty" by Paul Burrell. Thoroughly done, a window into the life of Diana day by day.

I just ordered this one yesterday.. a buck a book is a good deal to me. And in hard cover too.

I think what we need to keep in mind reading all these different perspectives is that at times the author(s) can and do take poetic license and aggrandize their views on the lives of the person(s) they're writing about.

I just finished "Philip and Elizabeth: A Portrait of a Royal Marriage" by Gyles Brandreth who has also authored "Charles and Camilla: Portrait of a Love Affair". These are books written from his own first hand talks with the subjects at hand and i love his style of making the reader actually come into the story he's talking about. A lot of footnotes too with the history and whatnot of the persons mentioned. I wish he'd known Diana enough to write about her. I never realized too that Diana was a 4th cousin to Camilla. Shake the tree and a lot of nuts fall out eh?

(as an aside note) Ok.. Ok.. now I'm intrigued about the life of Princess Alice.. Philip's mother.

I've only ever read The Last Word by Simone Simmons and some of the book made me scream because even I knew it was in accurate, others were interesting to say the least.

Osipi....if you are interested in Princess Alice, please read the book by Hugo Vickers. I am sure you can find it on ebay or half.com.

Thanks! Actually I use abesbooks.com where I pick 'em up in hardback for a $1 (plus shippin and handling). I bought and tried to read some that people said are "trash books" and usually they're right... but in my eyes I judge for myself.. If they're right.. its like buying a cuppa coffee that tastes like yesterday's news. no great loss. :0)

I've only ever read The Last Word by Simone Simmons and some of the book made me scream because even I knew it was in accurate, others were interesting to say the least.
Simmons told it like it was and we saw Di in her good moods and bad moods from her perspective.. that's what I liked about that book.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 2 books, I think, show the reah history:
Bradford, Sarah (2006). Diana
Kelley, Kitty (1997). The Royals

Both of these books are awful!!!! They certainly do NOT show the real history!

Kitty Kelly's book is pure trash, she writes gossip and rumour as fact. The book couldn't be published in the UK because of their stricter libel laws and she and her publishers would have been sued.

Sarah Bradford's book is slightly better, not by much though! Too many annoymous sources and she repeats gossip.

The best book on Diana by someone who didn't know her that well (although she claims to have been a 'friend') is Tina Brown's book at least her sources are on the record, she has used bits from Sarah Bradford's biography, but also others Andrew Morton, Paul Burrell and examines what role the media had in creating the Diana phenomenon.

Other goods ones are the books by Patrick Jephcott and Ken Wharfe, both who worked with Diana, they at least give a first person account of their time with her.

Back
Top Bottom