Baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia: June 12, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Little fact:

When Laurentien entered the church with Amalia, Eloise, Lucas and Anna walked behind her.

They will do something special, according to a royaltywatcher yesterday.

Originally posted by Josefine@Jun 12th, 2004 - 12:07 pm
Maximas brother is quite good looking, is he married?
Unfortunately yes,

but he would make a good couple with CP Victoria

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 12th, 2004 - 5:00 am
Maxima is with her outfit inspired by Mette-Marit at the baptism of Ingrid
Yes the 'hat', I liked Mette-Marit's better though. This wasn't very flattering for Máxima. But a very pretty outfit.

And Amalia has to be the most enormous baby I've ever seen...

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 12th, 2004 - 6:05 am
Grandfather Zorro was very touched. Sweet.
Maybe he was touched by the priest saying how people become devils in times of war. Let's hope so.

Originally posted by royal_sophietje+Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:09 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (royal_sophietje @ Jun 12th, 2004 - 1:09 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Josefine@Jun 12th, 2004 - 12:07 pm
Maximas brother is quite good looking, is he married?
Unfortunately yes,

but he would make a good couple with CP Victoria [/b][/quote]
:p

Originally posted by xxLindaxx+Jun 11th, 2004 - 5:05 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xxLindaxx @ Jun 11th, 2004 - 5:05 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Beate@Jun 10th, 2004 - 8:16 pm
Will we be able to see it on the net? Any lifestream? I hope so!!! Does anyone have a link?
Here you can see it live at 12.30

http://www.nos.nl/nieuws/achtergronden/ama...amaliadoop.html [/b][/quote]
Thank you xxLindaxx for the video address!

awww!! nice pics...

amalia is so big and beautiful!! she will be as tall as her parents if she continues like that...
really nice... look at those eyes!

as for maxima, she was as stunning as always!

Originally posted by DDD@Jun 12th, 2004 - 8:01 am
Princess Maxima´s hat and Mette Marit´s one:
http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/w...46570_guest.jpg
http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/w...87765_guest.jpg
http://www.polfoto.dk/Polfoto/Photo/Live/w...87761_guest.jpg
Victoria is also godmother of Ingrid Alexandra. It seems she´s a godmother to a lot of royal babies
Thanks, everyone, who made these photos available for others. Amalia is certainly a healthy - looking baby and both parents seem very proud and happy. Again, thank you.

Elizajane :heart:

My My, she is a big baby. But that is better than being too small. Maxima did look nice. Not a big fan of such hats myself though. WA was beaming as he should be.

I like that last photo but WA should watch it. He might have been poked in the eye with the end of Maxima´s hat! :eek:

OMGoodness.... Thank You so much for the posting of those photos. I have been looking at this thread for days, hoping to see photos of the baptism of the little Amalia... Thank You! As for the Matte-Marit inspired hat... I honestly an not a fan! Sorry! I wasn't a fan of the Crown Princess of Norways either. However it does look ok on Maxima. Mathildhe and Maria-Teresa looked beautiful. Viktoria looked stunning as well!

After the ceremoney they were shown on TV, but they are not published yet.

On TV was also a new picture of Amalia shown, with pink outfit, crawling on her belly

Maxima looked a bit orange is it the light ot her make up?

it looks like she has been in the sun with sunglasses...

picture

Joris was so kind to translate the wishes of the godparents into english on the Benelux Royals MB:

Marc ter Haar, also Prince Willem-Alexander´s wedding witness (in Dutch):
Dear Catharina-Amalia, I wish you optimism, self-confidence and friendship. For friendship doubles your joy and lets your sorrow be shared.

Martín Zorreguieta, Máxima´s brother (in Spanish):
Amalia, I hope you will always be capable to have the modesty to admit your errors and to have the desire to learn from them. Because only thus you can grow as a person.

HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Queen Beatrix´ goddaughter (in English):
Dearest Amalia, enjoy life and try to see every situation in a favourable light. May you stay close to nature and to laughter. And may you find joy in helping others. I wish you health and happiness.

HRH Prince Constantijn, youngest brother of the Prince of Orange (in Dutch):
Dear Amalia, take the world with you on your journey. Help us to step across borders. Open your eyes to what is different and let yourself be inspired by this.

Herman Tjeenk Willink, Vice President of the State Council of the Netherlands (in Dutch):
Dear Amalia, I wish you the space to be yourself and the strength to remain yourself. May that space be given and granted to you.

Samanta van Welderen Baroness Rengers-Deane, one of Princess Máxima best friends (in Spanish):
I wish you a life full of happiness, health and love and also the strength to endure the difficulties and sadness which Fate might have in store for you.

Getty images has lots of nice photos. Also of Laurentien, Marilene and their families. Great close photos of the guests!

Thanks Lena for posting the godparents wishes. Very nice speeches by all of them, I think. :)

Why was Amalia carried by Laurentien in church?

First let me say that I like Maxima a great deal. She's the most natural, vivacious and spontaneous of all the princesses. But that dress with the bows was not what I would call my favorite. Sadly, I wouldn't say they have the cutest of all the babies either. But they all look very very happy.

Originally posted by lucys@Jun 12th, 2004 - 11:37 pm
Sadly, I wouldn't say they have the cutest of all the babies either.
Hm...IMO, Amalia has all, what a baby needs to be cute...chubby cheeks, a cute little snub nose, a lot of hair...So for me she´s on all accounts cute. But talking about beauty...well one can´t really talk about the beauty of a 7 months old, because then children are more cute than pretty. But if I should judge it, I would say, that the other baby-heir-princesses (Ingrid, Elisabeth) will be more beautiful one day...but maybe the future shows me, that I was wrong...children can change a lot.

How long has Getty been down? Anybody know? I know at least 2 hours or so because that´s was when I checked it last. Anyway, CA is a cute baby. I agree.

I'm sorry, but I really hope that was just a bad day for Princess CA because the whole time I was look'n at the pictures, I was thinking, "Wow...not the cutest little kid is she?!" :ninja: I know, I'm an awful person:cry:! I'm sure she will get prettier with age.
~Kathleen

Originally posted by SpiffyBallerina@Jun 13th, 2004 - 1:26 am
I'm sorry, but I really hope that was just a bad day for Princess CA because the whole time I was look'n at the pictures, I was thinking, "Wow...not the cutest little kid is she?!" :ninja:  I know, I'm an awful person:cry:!  I'm sure she will get prettier with age. 
~Kathleen
Well, why shouldn´t you say this!? Nobody can force you to think, that she´s cute. And as I´m quite sure, that you don´t get in touch with C-A and/or her parents and say this to them I don´t think, that this is a problem!

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 12th, 2004 - 7:42 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 12th, 2004 - 7:42 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SpiffyBallerina@Jun 13th, 2004 - 1:26 am
I'm sorry, but I really hope that was just a bad day for Princess CA because the whole time I was look'n at the pictures, I was thinking, "Wow...not the cutest little kid is she?!" :ninja:  I know, I'm an awful person:cry:!  I'm sure she will get prettier with age. 
~Kathleen
[/b][/quote]
Princess CA looks a lot like her cousin Eloise, Countess Eloise? As long as she's healthy is all that matters at this point in time. My own baby was quite ugly until she was 6 months old, and then she just got prettier and prettier.

Back
Top Bottom