Bad news for "Fans of Prince Harry" Social Group

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
'Fans of Prince Harry' Social Group

I'm afraid I've had to delete the 'Fans of Prince Harry' Social Group after it had been overrun by advertising threads posted by a now banned spammer with an IP address located in Sevastopol, Ukraine.

During a period of just under 24 hours this (ex-)member posted no less than 1187 new threads taking up 119 pages. :ohmy:
Every thread consisted of nothing but the opening post so I assume they were being paid a set amount per post or per thread and were determined to set a new spamming record.

Whatever the case, a mass of just under 1200 similar-looking thread topics was unlikely to attract many readers and, considering the time it took to load up the Social Group, the degree of overkill seems somewhat pointless. As there was no other content in the 'Fans of Prince Harry' Social Group the quickest and easiest way of removing the spam was to simply delete the group in its entirety.

Any member who wishes to go ahead and create a new 'Fans of Prince Harry' Social Group is perfectly free to do so (but please first check that no-one else has created it). :)

Warren
Admin

I really don't understand spammers, thanks for letting us know Warren. :)

119 pages! Good grief!

Back
Top Bottom