Anne, Princess Royal Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, it's not just you.

The miserable photo through the car window showed her usual beautiful updo to frame the Festoon Tiara. She always rocks that.

IMO Anne is so underrated... I'm always like this when I see her show off bling...:wub:

It's not often we see her in serious jewels. She always carries them off well.

LaRae

It is nice. It was a wise choice for Autumn to use this tiara. It will not have to go back to the royal collection like some others might have to do. It could be available for her daughter also.

:previous:

Thank you for the info, for me all the jewelry that I have seen during this visit, the one that really is just beyond beautiful is the jewelry that Princess Anne wore tonight. When I saw pictures of that, wow, that is so me, very dainty and feminine and old world, something that speaks to a person. I hope we see it again soon not later. That necklace was so pretty and it sparkles like nothing else. Would be hard to get it off me if I had it...:lol:

Anne's collection includes many pearl necklaces and chokers, but one of the most impressive and classic is this creamy, balanced three-stranded necklace. Above, Anne wears it to deliver remarks at the British Olympic Association's Gold Ball in October 2005.

It’s Art Deco. You either like it, or you don’t. I like it.

I think the Meander Tiara makes a fine wedding tiara and given its links to the late Princess Alice it must be very personal towards the Royal Family.

I find it very beautiful and especially loved the look of Zara wearing it on her wedding day. But imo it suits Princess Anne as well, with it's sleek art deco desing of clean lines.

:previous:
Yes, those are stunning earrings and can be worn for many different occasions as we have seen. I agree that one should think long term in buying expensive items for themselves......saves a lot of money that way...

I feel like we should see it as a loan from someone /somewhere she borrowed or was given to wear just for that photo.

But seeing the Queen dig into the vaults - for a tiara for Meghan, the pearl bandeau tiara Anne wore for the Indian state banquet, the double meander tiara Anne wore for the Chinese state banquet- who knows maybe this tiara is sitting in the vaults somewhere.

I was thinking that it would be very unusual for the daughter of a British Monarch to have to borrow a tiara given the extensive British jewel collection.

I was thinking that it would be very unusual for the daughter of a British Monarch to have to borrow a tiara given the extensive British jewel collection.

The Queen even had to borrow a tiara for an event when hers broke. So Princess Anne could’ve borrowed this tiara. Although theres a lot of jewels in that royal vault. So she could’ve also dug deep for this portrait and haven’t been back.

I'm with those who think it's layered with dust in the vaults. For the Queen's daughter to borrow a tiara is unlikely. To borrow one for an official twenty-first birthday portrait is unbelievable.

I don't recall the Queen borrowing a tiara, I would like to know more about that incident. I am aware that on her wedding day that the tiara the Queen was set to wear broke but it got repaired before the wedding. It was a borrowed tiara because at the time most of the jewels belonged to Queen Mary or Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.

I can believe that Princess Anne borrowed a tiara for a photoshoot, bear in mind that it could have been the artistic decision of the photographer or stylist. While that would be unusual, it would be more unusual (IMO) that there would be a tiara in the vaults that had never been seen previously nor seen since.

Last edited:
We've seen that when taking pictures or painting portraits of the Queen the artist chooses the outfit and jewellery if it is to feature heavily. Maybe on this occasion to ensure a tiara would be used the photographer brought one along.

The Queen wore the Plunket tiara when attending an event at the Royal Opera Hose in 1973. The Queen's tiara reportedly broke so one of her courtiers Patrick Plunket who lived nearby lent her his family tiara to wear. More on it here The Plunket Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Tonight, Princess Anne wore the aquamarine tiara at the State Banquet for President Trump.

Back
Top Bottom