A son for Pavlos and Marie Chantal: Born Sept. 17 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agreed!!!

:) I agreed a couple can do werever they want or they feel comfortable with, Pavlos was there so He cares obiosly. Miaamor.
Queens said:
Why is carrying or not carrying their baby such a big deal... it is not that they are neglecting him....
Queens said:

I don't believe MC and Pavlos have every changed a poopy baby, or held a drooly baby without a camera being on them for a staged "I luuuuvvvvvveee my babies sssssooooo muucccch shot . The new baby will be used as a prop in photo shoots for magazines just like his older sibs, ASAP . If if they had "fertility problems" they would have sold their story to the press so every issue can carry an "Exclusive interview" year in year out with MC giving all the details on her agony.
Wittykitty

The only thing we have heard so far is that somebody said they saw King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie on TV. The King and Queen said that the baby's name is Odysseas. We haven't heard anything official from the prince and princess or the King's office. For all we know the King could have been joking when he said that.

Lord Williams said:
I am in a wee-bit of exile myself. My mother is away in Florida assisting hurricane victims. In so doing, I have been "exiled" to stay with my grandparents until her return. I look forward to returning to my "homeland" and it really does feel like exile to me. I am away from everything that I own. I have brought a few books with me to sustain me including one on Maximilian and Charlotte of Mexico and a Royal Dynasty book. Alas, time to read.

ODYSSEUS!? AAAAAH. I rather like that name. I was hoping for girl... Still, I am happy for Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Anne-Marie and Constantine.

Happy Anniversery Your Majesties!

Odysseus, I love that name. Good choice Pavlos! I hope M-C let him name his son.... :) some people have said it will be hard on him to live with the name Odysseus...don't you think its going to be just as hard as being Prince of Greece? Even if they had named him Pavlos or George, it would not be easy for him because he is a Prince. Also, George would have been good to honor past kings of the Hellenes. George-Odysseus...or Odysseus-Georgios? Perhaps...:) CONGRATS.

ITS A PRINCE! I am going to send them a card!
Why would only Pavlos decide the name?

ILoveCristina said:
Why would only Pavlos decide the name?

EEppp!!According the Orthodox Tradition only the God - Father Announces the name!!

cuervo said:
EEppp!!According the Orthodox Tradition only the God - Father Announces the name!!
But I hope both parents get a say in what the baby's name will be. Or can only men choose their children's name too?

his name is Odyseas and that is his calling name. i read it in a dinish magazine

Betina

Well I think that Odyseas sounds a little better than Odysseus. An odd name, though.

Are there any pictures of them? I hope there is nothing wrong with the baby.

Alexandra said:
Well I think that Odyseas sounds a little better than Odysseus. An odd name, though.

Are there any pictures of them? I hope there is nothing wrong with the baby.
Yes, it does sound better. I haven't seen any pictures, except the first ones when he got out of ospital, but we couldn'e see him very well. Isn't it strange?

It's not strange at all. Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal normally wait until their child is three or four months old before they officially present it to the press. Prince Achileas-Andreas seemed to be the exception.

All four kids have old-fashioned royal-ish names.
Maria-Olympia: A lovely name. Maria: maybe a religious reference, Olympia- home of the Gods.
Konstantinos-Alexios/Constantine-Alexios- Very meaningful name. I liked this one. It's a nod to Grandpa and Aunt Alexia.
Achileas-Andreas- Wasn't there a Greek prince named Andrew? (Just wondering) Achileas is a nice name on paper but I don't think it's a very kid-friendly name. Reminds me of Achilles['s Heel].
Odysseus- Is this official? Poor boy. Why couldn't he have gotten something a bit more..."normal". There are great Greek names! Nikolaos, Philippos, Pavlos maybe to honour his dad and uncles. Or maybe Carlos...Why Odysseus? It sounds kinda' harsh and haughty.

I would love to see a photo of the family... Can't wait. What is his name in greek? How is it written in greek?

MC outside a hospital of New York with her third child, Achileas-Andreas.

Attachments

• mc2.jpg
    mc2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,283
has there been released pictures of the new prince. I think it is wierd if there is no picture of him

yeh i personally think it's weird too, there's not even an official name out yet as far as i know :(

Give them some time till a picture is out. They must maybe forgottenabout it, or there not ready to release a picture yet.

Guess Who said:
Give them some time till a picture is out. They must maybe forgottenabout it, or there not ready to release a picture yet.
Well, he was born more than a month and a half ago!

ILoveCristina said:
Well, he was born more than a month and a half ago!
They may not release a name and we may not see photographs until the christening. I doubt that they have forgotten about it. Considering the ease with which all other photographs and name have been released and MC's experience with photo shoots and the media, this is most likely a purpose course of action by the parents.

Isabel said:
They may not release a name and we may not see photographs until the christening. I doubt that they have forgotten about it. Considering the ease with which all other photographs and name have been released and MC's experience with photo shoots and the media, this is most likely a purpose course of action by the parents.
There are pics in the Point de Vue of this week, but they are wrong about the name of the baby (they made a very bad translation: it's Odysseus).
Sorry, I can't scan the pics.

Here are the pics from the "point de vue" article, please give credit if you post them on other sites/groups/boards. thank you.

Attachments

• odyssee001.jpg
    odyssee001.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,636
  • odysseeolympia.jpg
    odysseeolympia.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,949
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 2,053
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,309
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 1,645
  • olympia2.jpg
    olympia2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 579
http://www.kongehuset.dk

Maria-Olympia, Princess of Greece and Denmark, born on 25 July 1996 in New York; Konstantin-Alexios, Prince of Greece and Denmark, born on 29 October 1998 in New York and Achileas Andrea, Prince of Greece and Denmark, born on 12 August 2000 in New York. Odysseas Kimon, Prince of Greece and Denmark, born on 17 October 2004 in London.

this is the first time i see them be called princess and princes

Thanks so much for the pictures Martine and Josefine for the baby's middle name.

He looks like a big baby, especially in the third picture with Maria Olympia holding him.

What is the significance of the middle name Kimon?

mybags said:
What is the significance of the middle name Kimon?
Yes, I would like to know as well. I know that there was a Bulgarian Prime Minster during the 1930s and '40s with the name (Kimon Georgiev). I do doubt that little Odysseas' middle name is from his name. :D

Thanks Martine for the photos.

Odysseas is a very cute baby! Chubby cheeks. He reminds me a little bit of Catharina-Amalia.
-Kara-

Back
Top Bottom