Fashion Suggestions for Queen Letizia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring/summer 08 collection
Abaete - lovely dress
Celine - I think she could carry this off very well
aquascutum - a lovely trench coat, i think it would look good with a white outfit, coat left open abit but used with a belt
Andrew Gn - a lovely red ruffled dress. This is somethings he could pull off easily.
Elie Tahari
Elie Tahari - white & black seem to be boring but this is fun since the skirt has its own style as well as the top
Elie Tahari - a simple look for daytime, i also like the shoes. I would suggest a wider belt though to give it abit more color
Elie Saab - i like the dress, mix of crystals & the lace, she would look stunning in this piece ( comes in long as well)
Nicole Miller - i think the color combination & print is lovely

Last edited:
Spanish designers

All spring-summer08 collections
Ailanto

Yellow jacket - very elegent & perfect spring choice, easily to match it up with anything
Black & white coat - fabric seems light, lovely print
Pants & shirt - the whole look is very elegent & good be worn formal/unformal. The top print is eye catching
Skirt & top - lovely.

Alma Aguilar
Long skirt & top - this would looks nice for a dinner without a tiara, a very soft print on the skirt also like the ruffles on the top;)
Trench coat - find the pockets very cool

Ángel Schlesser
outfit - the overall of this look is nice, i like the different shades of ivory between the jacket & the satin/silk top
Pencil skirt & belt - lovely fit
White coat
Orange dress - this is lovely, very colorful
Orange jacket - this is nice & a must have imo:Dat least its a change from all the black, grey & beige ones we see all the time

Victorio & Lucchino
short dress - lovely color & style

Locking Shocking
Jacket - is would go with about anything, casual to formal.

Ion Fiz
Skirt & jaket - this looks like Letizia would go for but i think the skirt is abit too long

Spring 2008 Couture - Armani Privé

a pink/lilac dress. I like all the fuss down the front.
Skirt & top. The colorful skirt and playing with fabric is differnt. Also the top looks pretty and breaks the colors of the skirt.

Elie Saab Haute Couture spring/summer 08

Yellow short dress - the cape will look great on her, she can pull it off it well. I also like the cut and the embroidery of the dress. I like the color but maybe she would look pale in it.
Strapless embroided dress - think the work is lovely on the dress. length & cut very flattering.
Strapless long dress - the layering cut/detailing are different.

Pre-fall collection 2008

Bill Blass - this is fun. I like the fullness of the skirt. The whole outfit is great, the coat is lovely, great colors.
Oscar de la Renta - a lovely skirt, I like the jakcet, adds color to the outfit also a great print.
Oscar de la Renta - a lovely silver dress. I wouldnt match it with the sweater.
Oscar de la Renta - a layered black dress, Letizia would easily pull this off
Louis Vuitton - a lovely grey skirt suit. I like the lines/print. Would look good with a plain top or a plain skirt as well. I would also like to see this look with a nice big or skinny belt

B Michael - Runway - Spring 09 MBFW
NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 05: A model walks the runway at the B Michael Spring 2009 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Arena on September 5, 2008 in New York City. (Photo by Fernanda Calfat/Getty Images for IMG)

I think that both of these 2 dresses would make quite a change from her usual:
One ; Two

Elie Saab Haute Couture spring/summer 08

Strapless long dress - the layering cut/detailing are different.
This dress would look fantastic on Letizia as she is so thin and could carry it well. Anyone with more weight would not do it justice.

Keep more coming Dazzling, if I was younger, I would be making out my Christmas Wish List from all the goodies you are finding!

I like these for Letizia from
Badgley Mischka Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear

Strappless ruffled dress - I think layers suit Letizia and this is a great color for her. I like the print, its not too big so it wont make her look shorter.

Lavender ruffled dress - The layers fall nicely which gives you length. I think it could do with out the bead work on the top cince Letizia could wear a nice brooch or necklace. The color is beautiful.

Pink dress - The bead work looks quite pretty and very soft, Letizia could match this up with a tiara and a nice diamond set which would look stunning IMO.

White suit - Very formal yet very elegent. The print fades into the fabric which doesnt scream out PRINTED

Elie Saab Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear

Green embroidered gown - I think this gown, Letizia can pull this off with the right tiara and hairstyle.

Short green dress with feathers - A very pretty yet fun dress. Letizia is the only Cp who I can think who can pull such a style off.

Cute summer dress by Oscar de la Rente
http://i40.tinypic.com/fw88bk.jpg
I think the cut is lovely and would suit Letizia pretty well (it wouldn't overwhelm her).

I quite like this dress, its very pretty and the white and black are combined well.

Here are a few looks from the couture collection.

Valentino Haute Couture s/s2009

Strapless red bow dress - The cut of this dress would work great on Letizia since she has a thin/small figure. The bow is quite cute on the side and red is a shade Letizia tends to go for, for dinners and galas. The length of the dress is perfect, not too short nor too long.

Red gathered dress - This high neck dress and the gatherings look quite pretty, I see Letizia pulling such a dress off nicely. Would look nice with hair up with this.

White lace coat - White is a color for Letizia just like red. The lace on it is very nice, I wouldnt go with such a high collar. Match it with a nice simple white dress.

Elie Saab Haute Couture s/s2009

Lavender emrodidered/layered gown - This is a beautiful dress. The color is soft and elegent which will look great on Letizia. Opened hair with soft curls pulled back and a tiara would be stunning. the layers will give Letizia Length IMO.

George Hobeika Haute Couture s/s2009

Yellow jacket/Embroidered skirt - Stunning yet elegent. The yellow jacket would be quite easy to pull off since Letizia is quite thin. The skirt is formal and can be matched up with anything.

A lavender/blue dress

I'm not sure if they will send their clothes to Zarzuela (I hope they do), it looks like they only did the designs for the magazine.
A few dresses are too revealing. Miguel Palacio had made clothes for Letizia before, he knows what is appropriate for a royal.
http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/stora...l-ES/miguel_palacio_mode_large_qualite_es.jpg

I also like the pieces from Gusto Barcelona.
http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/stora...-ES/custo_barcelona_mode_large_qualite_es.jpg

Roberto Torretta's looks very chic.
http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/stora...ES/roberto_torretta_mode_large_qualite_es.jpg

I'm not sure if they will send their clothes to Zarzuela (I hope they do), it looks like they only did the designs for the magazine.
A few dresses are too revealing. Miguel Palacio had made clothes for Letizia before, he knows what is appropriate for a royal.
http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/stora...l-ES/miguel_palacio_mode_large_qualite_es.jpg

I also like the pieces from Gusto Barcelona.
http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/stora...-ES/custo_barcelona_mode_large_qualite_es.jpg

Roberto Torretta's looks very chic.
http://www.elle.es/var/ellees/stora...ES/roberto_torretta_mode_large_qualite_es.jpg

Thank you DonnaK for the links.
The first and third outfits are stunning,I would love to see Letizia wearing them.
But the second one is awful imho.The colors are completely mismatched

My thanks as well, DonnaK! I agree with you, soraya, re: your comments about the outfits. I also just love the long pink gown. I think it would look fantastic on Letizia with it's straight skirt and off the shoulder neckline. Lovely!

Came across a few Spanish Designers which would look great on Letizia

HANNIBAL LAGUNA

Short dress - Lovely color, would looke good on Letizia, I like the ribbon/bow on the shoulder and on one waist. Its a very elegent dress
Short ballon hem dress - Love the the contrast colors in this dress as the shiney fabric and the pink belt.
Long layered dress - This would be lovely in a different color. The embroiderey is only to give shine IMO, the dress is all about the cut and layers in it. This would make a perfect sate visit dress

JUANJO OLIVA

White skirt suit - This is a lovely suit and quite different from the other suits since it has a slight of a puff in the skirt with gathering details and the fitted jacket with a stiff collar. Letizia like suits, this would be a new look to her suits.

Wow! Fantastic choices, Dazz. I'll take one of each! Well, perhaps I'll let the gala one go as I don't have a need for it. LOL They are definitely Letizia's style and would add a wonderful new look for her.

I love this black Cavalli dress and somehow I could imagine Letizia would look really great in it.

I could see this dress on a pregnant Letizia, the flowines is lovely. I sew this in reality, its a great piece.

Fall 2009 & Resort 2010 - Spanish and international designers

Akris - A lovely jacket which has lovely detailing. This wouldnt make Letizia's arms look big or bulky. It would be nice with a skirt
Burberry - A lovely gathered detailed dress, I think the decolte should be abit more opened. This dress has a nice detail which with her body can pull off
Elie Tahari - A well fitted jacket, elegent and very working
Elie Tahari - nice with a stripped skirt and a cardigan, the belt and top are lovely
Elio Berhanyer (Spanish) - An elegent dress with soft embroidery detailing as a belt. The pleates are quite flattering.
Juanjo Oliva (Spanish) - A nice dress which is very simple yet elegent. I like the combination of the two fabrics
Loewe (Spanish) - The skirt is lovely, it has nice volume to it. Matched with a chiffon top would look stunning
Loewe (Spanish) - Skirt is pretty, the dot lines are pretty. Would be nice also with a simple blouse.
Loewe (Spanish) - Skirt and jacket are nicely matched and colors are broken up. The printed skirt is nicely printed and blended in.
Loewe (Spanish) - Lovely full dress, the strapless idea makes it pretty. Matched with a nice brooch and earings, Letizia could look really nice.
Marchesa - Evening dress which the color is one of Letizias great colors. The embroidery isnt out there but adds shimmer to the top part.
Miriam Ocáriz (Spanish) - Printed dress, the sleeves are pretty. Would look nice with a belt.
Miriam Ocáriz (Spanish) - Pretty top and the colors of this outfit would add nice colors to Letizia wardrobe
Matthew Williamson - Pretty dress for a spring/summer wedding. Quite elegent with white diamonds
Oscar de la Renta - Very elegent suit, would be nice witha ruffled top underneth.
Roland Mouret - Would look stunning if it was a bit longer. The detailing is lovely and young

Thank you for the suggestions, particularly the Spanish designers.

I think Letizia's fashion is very modern compared to other CPss but somehow her outfits seem mismatched. I prefer her style when wearing pants/trousers. I like it that way. She also need to buy more elegant shoes to match them with her classic ensembles. Sometimes she has this style of mixing classic ensembles with modern type of shoes. It doesn't look good.

Spanish designers Spring Summer 2010

Adolfo Dominguez
Top can be matched with a formal look, skirt/pant suit or even a pair of jeans. the colors and print is pretty.
Look, this is really nice for an evening event or even a prize giving ceremony. The color combination really works, its not to dark nor to light.
Top colors are lovely, will look lovely with a red skirt or even nice beige pants matched with a jacket
Look is really nice and elegent, quite simple outfit but with nice color contrast.

Alma Aguilar - top is lovely so is the color, this will look beautiful with the right fit pants or even a skirt

Carmen March white dress, beautiful and for color a nice belt can be matched with.

Devota Lomba overall look is lovely, th eblack skirt seems to teh shade of black ink which is very interesting and the top adds alot of color to the look which doesnt give a boring look.

Jesus del Pozo - Jacket is really elegent and the style is quite different.

Unfortunately, I think the biggest thing that would help Letizia's rather downslide in fashion would be some considerable weight gain.

Donna Karen
Outfit - The top is quite flattering, color is perfect for the seson and can be matched with anything. Skirt is a nice shade of grey.
Red dress - Lovely summer dress, like the loosnes of it, Letizia pulls this shade off really well.
Outfit - White works nice on Letizia, this would be nice for an official event with a nice colored shawl.

Carolina Herrera
Outfit - This would be really nice for an award event, official or state visit.
Outfit - Love the colors, the print isnt too bold, Letizia could pull it off well.

MaxMara skirt - Love the print. A very working skirt, Letizia can match it up with a suit jacket.

Oscar De La Renta
Blue dress - Lovely shade, the overlaying is quite pretty.
Gala gown - The colors and style will flatter Letizia, she has the body to pull off vertical lines and such wide embroidery.
Gala gown - Black & White a very classic piece, she would look amzaing in this.

Burberry jacket - I think the detailing around the shoulds & waist is quite elegent. It wont make Letizia look big since she is quite slim. This could work with a nice skirt or even pants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom