The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Oscar de la Renta resort collection 2007. Ive seen some pictures in the recycle wardrobe thread, i thought MM looked great in white pants and since it was a nice top, this would be a perfect outfit

from style.com

Old 10-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Gentry

Hi I have been looking photographs of the Cibeles Pasarela, when I saw these dresses I thought that Mette-Marit would look great on them, as they have a cut she has previously worn and she looked gourgeous on it.

I hope you like them

The first two dresses are by Roberto Torretta, and the third and fourth are by Devota y Lomba. Both are Spanish designers and the dresses are from the Autumn/Winter 06-07 coleccions.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

olga7777
the navy blue dress is very royal. dont you think? it is indeed MM's color and style. with her hair up, nice simple tiara and nice earings that would be a great choice
Old 10-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
olga7777
the navy blue dress is very royal. dont you think? it is indeed MM's color and style. with her hair up, nice simple tiara and nice earings that would be a great choice
Something like you say, she would look lovely and different from the kind of outfit she usually wears. I know she has worn these kind of cuts previously, and she looked stunning. So when I saw the dresses, I thought she would look great.

She is a bit shy wearing, and she should be, in my opinion, a bit daring with clothes.

Thanks for the comment
Old 10-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga7777

She is a bit shy wearing, and she should be, in my opinion, a bit daring with clothes.

Thanks for the comment
thats very true. she is shy when dressing up sometimes but she is very daring time to time. thats quit weird. shy people tend to stay away from attention and eye catching things
Old 10-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Gentry

There is a certain quirkiness in her that it's so lovely That is why I would like her to be a bit daring, but perhaps it's what you are saying that every now and then she tries to be daring and wear something different.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

This would look great on MM, it'll look nicer if it was on long. The extra detailing of the belt adds a unique touch since grand dresses dont have belts. Its different.
1.Elie Saab fall2006 style.com
2 & 3 Carolina Herrera spring 2006 style.com

Valentino coutire spring2006 style.com

Old 11-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Evening dress find this very elegent. Would look great with a simple tiara and earings
Skirt suit

Maybe this dress in a different color, could dress it up with a lace shwal and jewls.

top & skirt i find it very MM
Old 11-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Gentry

First evening dress you have posted is stunning, :w00t2: she would surely look great on it. I'm sure Haakon would propose her again on that dress. It's gorgeous, and the Red one is really beautiful as well.

The black skirt suit is really beautiful as well. The white blouse and black skirt is something of the type she has worn before, I would be surprised to see her in it or in something like it
Old 11-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

hat in maybe black
simple elegent hat
black hat
Old 02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

very pretty top, would wear it with looser pants - picture - amanda wakeley ss07
carolina herrera ss07 - picture
oscar de la renta ss07 - picture
oscar de la renta ss07 - picture - this is just beautiful, color and cut
the cut is weird but flattering, like the ribbon,ysl ss07 - picture
Old 02-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Wow - you've all chosen beautiful clothes for her! We can only hope she sometimes browses these forums! :-)
Old 02-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Lorenzo Riva s/s07 - this is a great color on MM.
Lorenzo Riva s/s07 - dress with belt detail, something like this owuld be a nice chnage from suits and skirts
Lorenzo Riva s/s07 - this is a cute outfit or also this could work
Lorenzo Riva f/w06 - this is a nice shade of grey & the mix of purple adds color to it
Old 02-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Be Mette-Marit's Fashion Designer

Vera Wang Lavendar Label - Satin Halter Gown - Saks.com
Tadashi - Taffeta Gown - Saks.com
Etro - Floral Silk Skirt - Saks.com
James Coviello - Satin-Striped Silk Top - Saks.com (Just the top not the bottoms!)
Matthew Williamson - Floral Satin Culotte Dress - Saks.com
Old 02-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Hats

Rose hat - this is a great hat which would look good with a nice coat or a skrt suit. The rose gives it a great 3D effect
lime colord hat - great style.
Purple hat - great with a suit or pant suit.

source
Old 02-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Elie saab couture s/s07 - the color is fresh, will look great in a long dress for a tiara event
Elie saab couture s/s07 - this would do a great pregnancy dress
Elie saab couture s/s07 - this is stunning
Elie saab couture s/s07 - this is beautiful, elegent and MM has the height to pull it off imo
GA couture s/s07 - the jacket/top would look great with a pencil skirt or with nice loose pants
jasper conran s/s07 - i like brown on her, and the belt color wont make this a boring outfit at all
Marni s/s07 - id love to see MM in something like this for summer
all from vogue.co.uk
Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Gentry

I love the 4th elie saab dress and the jasper conran one would look perfect on MM
Old 03-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a knee length blue coat, i think shades of blue looks great on MM- valentino f/w07
a black evening dress - valentino f/w07
this is a beautiful layered dress - valentino f/w07
Old 05-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Alberta Ferretti fall- winter07
grey outfit (skirt,top, coat) - this is beautiful full set, put together well. Could wear it with a black top to contrast colors abit.
shaded dress - like the stone details around the waist.this would work well for a small dinner.

Chanel fall-winter07
Tweed suit - i could just see this on MM. but not too sure if it would work with a hat
Blue tweed outfit - i know the skirt print is old, but seems it back in fashion for the next season. I think its a change & the color with black is great. well, at least with this if MM wanted she could get her black boots out, the leather jacket has to go.

(style.com)
Old 05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga7777
Hi I have been looking photographs of the Cibeles Pasarela, when I saw these dresses I thought that Mette-Marit would look great on them, as they have a cut she has previously worn and she looked gourgeous on it.

I hope you like them

The first two dresses are by Roberto Torretta, and the third and fourth are by Devota y Lomba. Both are Spanish designers and the dresses are from the Autumn/Winter 06-07 coleccions.
I think the first one here looks like the one MM wore on the gala concert in honour of King Harald in Oslo City Hall on 23 February this year. Does someone agree?

Tags
fashion suggestions for princess mette-marit, princess mette-marit