The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Royal Style File

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Pippa will probably wear a long dress. It's probably either her bridesmaid dress or a dress that Catherine will wear to her reception or evening party.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

I think this is an interesting. An American network that is in London had a realty star from the Housewives of Beverly Hills on. (I think she is an expatriate of Britain)

She said that Catherine Middleton designed her wedding dress.

Remember Catherine was in art and wanted to design children's clothes. I think it might be why we don't know the name of the designer.

Catherine has been involved with the cake frosted decorations that symbolize Britain. And we now know the trees in the abbey. I wonder if she will have nature on her dress? Caroline Kennedy had shamrocks on her dress. Something to symbolize her Kennedy heritage.

I am going out on a limb but I think Catherine is going to wear her hair down and flowers in her hair. In all her children's weddings the Queen only wore a hat.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I think this is an interesting. An American network that is in London had a realty star from the Housewives of Beverly Hills on. (I think she is an expatriate of Britain)

Remember Catherine was in art and wanted to design children's clothes. I think it might be why we don't know the name of the designer.

Catherine has been involved with the cake frosted decorations that symbolize Britain. And we now know the trees in the abbey. I wonder if she will have nature on her dress? Caroline Kennedy had shamrocks on her dress. Something to symbolize her Kennedy heritage.

I am going out on a limb but I think Catherine is going to wear her hair down and flowers in her hair. In all her children's weddings the Queen only wore a hat.

Hmm... Could it be... Imagine the dress 'Pandora' in white:

Rossetti Costumes and Bridal Gowns - Pre-Raphaelite / Medieval /William Morris wedding corset

Well, as long as she isn't going to be shimmying down the aisle wearing this:

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/wp-c...ding-dress.jpg

I can so picture it... The choir singing an instrumental version of "If You're Going to San Francisco" and William waiting for her between the trees in a heavily embroidered Indian tunic...
Seriously, it is a lovely thought (I guess) to beautify the church with trees (I think I have to see it to understand it) but you cannot get away from the fact that here's a prince marrying the future princess and it must be done in a certain way.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post

I know that Sarah Ferguson had bees on her wedding dress and Princess Mary of Teck had British flowers on her dress.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea

Lisa Vanderkamp or something right?

It was reported a few weeks ago Kate has had a hand in designing her own gown which makes perfect sense, I would have if I had an unlimited budget and any designer I wanted to bring my dream dress to reality :)
Old 04-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post

I can so picture it... The choir singing an instrumental version of "If You're Going to San Francisco" and William waiting for her between the trees in a heavily embroidered Indian tunic...
With this dress I can definitely see William having flashbacks to many years ago when Kate made his jaw drop in a similar dress but only in black.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
With this dress I can definitely see William having flashbacks to many years ago when Kate made his jaw drop in a similar dress but only in black.
True! Hmm, considering the news reports about Kate having nightmares about suddenly finding herself walking down the aisle nude, maybe she really is wearing that dress and her worry is justified...

Edit: Just noticed the trees in the background... Let's all just hope she didn't draw inspiration from this particular fashion show.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I just hope the dress isn't too plain.

I don't want simple, I want sumptuous!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Exactly!
I want to see a train that's goes out the door!

Lace, diamonds and a very very long train is all I'm asking for!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Exactly!

Absolutely!!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Exactly!

Lace, yes! Diamonds....absolutely! Very, very long train....not so much. I think a reasonable length train to do the abby justice, but not so long that it overwelms her.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Nobility

With the exception of Pippa, the bridesmaids are rather young, aren't they? Diana's bridesmaids were teenagers and they had a very difficult time managing her 25-foot train! India Hicks has done quite a lot of interviews lately where she talked about how much trouble she and Sarah Armstrong-Jones had trying to fold and unfold that train on the actual wedding day.

That will be a consideration, I hope. Poor Louise and Margarita don't want to be remembered as the little girls who couldn't managed Kate's train!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post

I would absolutely wear that for my own wedding. I love that hippy/Boho look. I think it flatters everyone, regardless of size, color, complexion, age.....you name it. Obviously it's not right for Catherine, but I personally love it.

Reminds me of when Jenny married Forrest in Forrest Gump.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Dymphna;1240321]Absolutely!![/QUOTE

As long it doesn't have 244 bows!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
Absolutely!!
As long it doesn't have 244 bows!!!!

Oh Lord, don't even get me started on Mabel's dress. Everything about that woman is a total disaster fashion-wise, but that was just awful. Just totally and completely awful.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Oh Lord, don't even get me started on Mabel's dress. Everything about that woman is a total disaster fashion-wise, but that was just awful. Just totally and completely awful.
Sister Morphine, we see eye to eye on that dress. I can live the rest of my life without seeing another bow anywhere near a wedding gown!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I had to Google that on. Wish I hadn't.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
My thoughts completely. Osipi I could not say it any better.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I had to Google that on. Wish I hadn't.
And you made me decide to Google it and all I can utter is "Why? Why? Why?" I'm sounding a little like Nancy Kerrigan. Which reminds me, I should go check on the results of Worlds today. This wedding is front and center of my attention and Worlds is a distant second.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I would not like to see an extra long train as she would look silly in it but I think a nice length and maybe a touch longer that would suit her height.

I wonder if she would walk into the Abby with the veil over her face or not. I would prefer it over her face.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding