Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pippa will probably wear a long dress. It's probably either her bridesmaid dress or a dress that Catherine will wear to her reception or evening party.

I think this is an interesting. An American network that is in London had a realty star from the Housewives of Beverly Hills on. (I think she is an expatriate of Britain)

She said that Catherine Middleton designed her wedding dress.

Remember Catherine was in art and wanted to design children's clothes. I think it might be why we don't know the name of the designer.

Catherine has been involved with the cake frosted decorations that symbolize Britain. And we now know the trees in the abbey. I wonder if she will have nature on her dress? Caroline Kennedy had shamrocks on her dress. Something to symbolize her Kennedy heritage.

I am going out on a limb but I think Catherine is going to wear her hair down and flowers in her hair. In all her children's weddings the Queen only wore a hat.:):):):);)

I think this is an interesting. An American network that is in London had a realty star from the Housewives of Beverly Hills on. (I think she is an expatriate of Britain)

Remember Catherine was in art and wanted to design children's clothes. I think it might be why we don't know the name of the designer.

Catherine has been involved with the cake frosted decorations that symbolize Britain. And we now know the trees in the abbey. I wonder if she will have nature on her dress? Caroline Kennedy had shamrocks on her dress. Something to symbolize her Kennedy heritage.

I am going out on a limb but I think Catherine is going to wear her hair down and flowers in her hair. In all her children's weddings the Queen only wore a hat.:):):):);)

Hmm... Could it be... Imagine the dress 'Pandora' in white:

Rossetti Costumes and Bridal Gowns - Pre-Raphaelite / Medieval /William Morris wedding corset

Well, as long as she isn't going to be shimmying down the aisle wearing this:

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/wp-...spring-2012-hippie-bohemian-wedding-dress.jpg

I can so picture it... The choir singing an instrumental version of "If You're Going to San Francisco" and William waiting for her between the trees in a heavily embroidered Indian tunic... :ROFLMAO::lol:
Seriously, it is a lovely thought (I guess) to beautify the church with trees (I think I have to see it to understand it) but you cannot get away from the fact that here's a prince marrying the future princess and it must be done in a certain way.

I know that Sarah Ferguson had bees on her wedding dress and Princess Mary of Teck had British flowers on her dress.

georgiea said:

Lisa Vanderkamp or something right?

It was reported a few weeks ago Kate has had a hand in designing her own gown which makes perfect sense, I would have if I had an unlimited budget and any designer I wanted to bring my dream dress to reality :)

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/wp-...spring-2012-hippie-bohemian-wedding-dress.jpg

I can so picture it... The choir singing an instrumental version of "If You're Going to San Francisco" and William waiting for her between the trees in a heavily embroidered Indian tunic... :ROFLMAO::lol:

With this dress I can definitely see William having flashbacks to many years ago when Kate made his jaw drop in a similar dress but only in black. :ohmy:

With this dress I can definitely see William having flashbacks to many years ago when Kate made his jaw drop in a similar dress but only in black. :ohmy:

True! :D Hmm, considering the news reports about Kate having nightmares about suddenly finding herself walking down the aisle nude, maybe she really is wearing that dress and her worry is justified... :eek:

Edit: Just noticed the trees in the background... Let's all just hope she didn't draw inspiration from this particular fashion show.

I just hope the dress isn't too plain.

I don't want simple, I want sumptuous!

:previous:Exactly!
I want to see a train that's goes out the door!

Lace, diamonds and a very very long train is all I'm asking for!

Lace, yes! Diamonds....absolutely! Very, very long train....not so much. I think a reasonable length train to do the abby justice, but not so long that it overwelms her.

With the exception of Pippa, the bridesmaids are rather young, aren't they? Diana's bridesmaids were teenagers and they had a very difficult time managing her 25-foot train! India Hicks has done quite a lot of interviews lately where she talked about how much trouble she and Sarah Armstrong-Jones had trying to fold and unfold that train on the actual wedding day.

That will be a consideration, I hope. Poor Louise and Margarita don't want to be remembered as the little girls who couldn't managed Kate's train!

I would absolutely wear that for my own wedding. I love that hippy/Boho look. I think it flatters everyone, regardless of size, color, complexion, age.....you name it. Obviously it's not right for Catherine, but I personally love it.

Reminds me of when Jenny married Forrest in Forrest Gump.

Oh Lord, don't even get me started on Mabel's dress. Everything about that woman is a total disaster fashion-wise, but that was just awful. Just totally and completely awful.
Sister Morphine, we see eye to eye on that dress. :lol: I can live the rest of my life without seeing another bow anywhere near a wedding gown!!!:ROFLMAO:

Oh Lord, don't even get me started on Mabel's dress. Everything about that woman is a total disaster fashion-wise, but that was just awful. Just totally and completely awful.

I had to Google that on. Wish I hadn't.

My thoughts completely. Osipi I could not say it any better.

:):):):);)

I had to Google that on. Wish I hadn't.

And you made me decide to Google it and all I can utter is "Why? Why? Why?" I'm sounding a little like Nancy Kerrigan. Which reminds me, I should go check on the results of Worlds today. This wedding is front and center of my attention and Worlds is a distant second.

I would not like to see an extra long train as she would look silly in it but I think a nice length and maybe a touch longer that would suit her height.

I wonder if she would walk into the Abby with the veil over her face or not. I would prefer it over her face.

Last edited:
Hmm... Could it be... Imagine the dress 'Pandora' in white:

Rossetti Costumes and Bridal Gowns - Pre-Raphaelite / Medieval /William Morris wedding corset

Seriously, it is a lovely thought (I guess) to beautify the church with trees (I think I have to see it to understand it) but you cannot get away from the fact that here's a prince marrying the future princess and it must be done in a certain way.

I would die laughing if Kate shocked everyone by gliding up the aisle decked out liked a 1960's flower child with that song...the ultimate hippie anthem, playing in the background! :lol:

"Wedding of the Century" indeed!!

I would absolutely wear that for my own wedding. I love that hippy/Boho look. I think it flatters everyone, regardless of size, color, complexion, age.....you name it. Obviously it's not right for Catherine, but I personally love it.

Reminds me of when Jenny married Forrest in Forrest Gump.

Oh I love it too; if I was to have another wedding, I'd probably go with that theme. But for a royal wedding..? I'm sorry, no. :)

I wish Catherine would choose to wear a beautiful corset bodice. She is not very curvy and a good corset would accentuate her small waist beautifully while giving her the illusion of having slightly fuller hips and it would also accentuate the bust.

For some reason I cannot picture Catherine wearing a lace wedding dress. Not sure why but maybe it just looks too decorative or something.
I loved Spain's Cristina's dress but I feel it is lacking something.

http://img.trendencias.com/2011/04/sar-cristina.jpg

The shape is nice but it would somehow be too plain on Kate. It would need more details, maybe some embroidery. It would be a nice nod to the Queen if she had roses and other flowers with a heraldic meaning embroidered on her gown. They don't have to be very colourful, maybe something in other shade of white than the dress or maybe gold/silver.

http://sakuraphotography.com/blog/i...s/200811/queen-elizabeth-wedding-22-dress.jpg

Here's some detailing from the Queen's dress:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00635/news-graphics-2007-_635650a.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5165/5331910746_871bf4114f.jpg

Last edited:
3 from the model is very beautiful. Waiting for a kind of close to this model. If you stop off more cleavage than the noble.

Royal wedding dress designer for the announcement is that?
Dinleyin
Fonetik olarak okuyun

I like the dress number 2 and the hair on number 3.

YES!!!
Although, personally, I would prefer mostly pearls to diamonds.
A soft glow is better for a bride than a hard glitter.

But definitely a substantial train, and a tiara!
And a dress that isn't simple!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom