The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Princess Aiko is getting VERY VERY VERY similar to her.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with you! But she is also pretty similar to the Crown Prince... she has kind of anything of both!

She's similar to both of her parents, I mean.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Masako celebrates her 46th birthday on Dec. 9, 2009.

The Imperial Household Agency today released official photos taken on Nov.22 to mark her birthday.
1, 2, 3
Photos from Reuters.

Photo from Sankei news
2 : Photo of Princess Masako entering the Imperial Palace today on Dec 9, 09 to greet the Emperor and Empress.

Article from Japan Today
Crown Princess turns 46

Crown Princess Masako, who continues to limit her official duties due to a stress-induced illness, celebrated her 46th birthday Wednesday and vowed to continue her efforts to recover from the illness. ‘‘I would like to continue my efforts to recover with the help of people around me,’’ the crown princess said in a statement released through the Imperial Household Agency........
Crown Princess turns 46 › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

A link to a video released by the Imperial Household Agency
Old 12-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Gentry

Happy birthday to her imperial highness crown princess masako of japan!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Masako marks a quiet 46th birthday
Old 12-13-2009, 03:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Masako had a nice birthday even if it was a quiet one.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Masako seems happier than Ive seen her in some time....good for her!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness

Masako indeed looks happy and it is a wonderful sight. The whole family looks happy actually, the crown prince especially.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Princess Masako looks happier than she's ever been before. Sounds like she had a nice quiet birthday.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Commoner

Will she ever completely recover from "stressed-induced illness" living under such rigid environment? I'm beginning to seriously doubt it....P Masako had so much to offer but she's kept a wall flower at the palace.

I truly hope she breaks the chain and show the world what she's made of and capable of....a very very belated Happy Birthday from South Korea~
Old 03-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Crown Princess Masako had accompanied her daughter Princess Aiko during the lunch with the Imperial couple on March 18th.
Mainichi Daily News
Old 03-20-2010, 08:59 PM

I'm wondering if Aiko is thinking that if she says she's having anxiety, she'll get special treatment just like Masako and not have have to go to school..
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

It is impossible to determine what Princess Aiko thinks as well as assert that Princess Aiko tries to emulate her mother's behaviour. Furthermore, Crown Princess Masako has not got any special treatment. Following the IHA's advise, she has withdrawn from the public life and undertakes official engagements when her health allows her to do so.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Furthermore, Crown Princess Masako has not got any special treatment.
According to the Crown Princess's doctors statement issued in February 2010 HIH the Crown Princess had had a few courses of special treatment (anxiolytics and antipsychotics) during the seven years period of her illness. According the doctors no special treatment for HIH is required at this moment.
Please see the Crown Princess Masako thread on this forum for further information.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I was not talking about special medical treatments prescribed to Crown Princess Masako by her doctors. What I have meant is that Crown Princess Masako has not any undeserved special treatment in terms of doing her job as a member of the Imperial family. In other words, she has got a lighter workload because she is ill, but not because she pretends to have a medical condition.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
... because she pretends to have a medical condition.
Dearest Al_bina,
of course the Crown Princess is ill as it had been confirmed by Kunaicho, and she never had being pretending. This medical condition is very difficult to diagnose and dozen times more difficult to cure.
As for me, I'm very sorry for HIH the Crown Princess.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
According to the Crown Princess's doctors statement issued in February 2010 HIH the Crown Princess had had a few courses of special treatment (anxiolytics and antipsychotics) during the seven years period of her illness. According the doctors no special treatment for HIH is required at this moment.
It sounds like the Crown Princess is getting better then, which is good.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
Dearest Al_bina,
of course the Crown Princess is ill as it had been confirmed by Kunaicho, and she never had being pretending. This medical condition is very difficult to diagnose and dozen times more difficult to cure.
As for me, I'm very sorry for HIH the Crown Princess.
It would be most kind of you to read my post once again.

In response to PomMon12's message (see post #192), I tried to say the following. Crown Princess Masako is ill and undergoes medical treatment for her condition. Thus, her workload as a member of the Imperial family is lighter. Crown Princess Masako does not enjoy any undeserved special treatment. It is absolutely wrong to assume that Princess Aiko tries to emulate Crown Princess Masako's behaviour in order to get a special treatment.

I hope my wording is clear now.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Imperial Adjustments
An article in The New York Times about the Crown Princess' situation.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Nobility

I hope she'll attend the Swedish wedding.

Tags
crown princess masako, masako, princess masako