The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Crown Prince Naruhito, Crown Princess Masako and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I believe this is the first time I've seen Aiko in a suit similar to what her cousins would wear. Typically she'd been in dresses or her uniform.

Imagine if she could go on a shopping trip with Rania's girls or Alexandra of Luxembourg.

First time for me and that soft pink really suited her IMO.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 10-31-2014, 06:43 PM
Majesty

Agreed. I like the suit too. I wonder what she wore on her feet? She should be out-growing anklets soon.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako were pictured on their way to a meeting of the UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development in the Aichi prefectural capital Nagoya today, November 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Majesty

It's so good to see Masako accompanying Naruhito!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

How delightful to see them out together. Her smile goes from ear to ear and her eyes are lite up, it is wonderful to see them. She is such a gracious lady it seems and they look so in love, now to get rid of the IHA and the men in gray suits.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Aristocracy

The Imperial Household Agency exists to support the Emperor and the Imperial Family. In most cases it seems to do a pretty good job: the Emperor gets to where he has to go, his dealings with the government are cordial, official visits take place smoothly, the Imperial residences are maintained, the various behind-the-scenes Shinto rituals are performed, and the Empress's silk worms are fed. It is, no doubt, staffed by men and women deeply loyal to the Imperial Family.

There are 18 adult members of the Imperial Family. Of these, one or two seem to have hinted at dissatisfaction with the Imperial Household Agency. But it seems a bit of an over reaction to take this as proof of cabal of manipulative men, scheming away in the background, determined to regulate the Imperial Family’s every move. Who cares about minor details like facts and verifiable evidence? Let’s focus on gossip and rumours instead. Throw in the old cliché of faceless men (in grey suits of course) and we have well and truly passed into the realm of fiction.

If the Crown Princess is coming to terms with the Imperial Household Agency, maybe it's time for those beyond the Imperial Palace walls to try as well.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Crown Prince Naruhito and a lovely looking Crown Princess Masako attended the UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development in Nagoya today, November 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery Nov.9&10 **
Old 11-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubb Fuddler View Post
The Imperial Household Agency exists to support the Emperor and the Imperial Family. In most cases it seems to do a pretty good job: the Emperor gets to where he has to go, his dealings with the government are cordial, official visits take place smoothly, the Imperial residences are maintained, the various behind-the-scenes Shinto rituals are performed, and the Empress's silk worms are fed. It is, no doubt, staffed by men and women deeply loyal to the Imperial Family.

There are 18 adult members of the Imperial Family. Of these, one or two seem to have hinted at dissatisfaction with the Imperial Household Agency. But it seems a bit of an over reaction to take this as proof of cabal of manipulative men, scheming away in the background, determined to regulate the Imperial Family’s every move. Who cares about minor details like facts and verifiable evidence? Let’s focus on gossip and rumours instead. Throw in the old cliché of faceless men (in grey suits of course) and we have well and truly passed into the realm of fiction.

If the Crown Princess is coming to terms with the Imperial Household Agency, maybe it's time for those beyond the Imperial Palace walls to try as well.
I guess I hit a nerve didn't I? Why all the spin on how great the IHA? It is known they control this family...and how do you know for sure that PM is coming to terms with the IHA? Do you know this as fact or just guessing like in a fiction? It's a shame that as a royal crown princess she couldn't use her intelligence nor career to help promote the IRF or do some good for Japan when she married the crown prince, instead I think she was told to be quiet and shut up like a good little wife and just produce a boy so the line could continue, that shows the value this IHA/government and men in general of this culture have for the opposite sex...brood mare, that's it.

I have no problem with your opinion yet I do detect you having a problem with mine, and no I won't come to terms with the IHA at all.

She looks so lovely in the pictures. That smile says it all, both of them look very happy and pleased with themselves. I like her suit and I love the hat, now what is next on this calendar....hope to see them out again very soon.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Prince Naruhito and a lovely looking Crown Princess Masako attended the UNESCO World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development in Nagoya today, November 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Thanks for the pictures Iceflower - that's made my day!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Aristocracy

A short list of a few of the functions performed by the Imperial Household Agency is hardly spin. It’s not as if I claimed the silk worms are also plump, happy and contented. I only said that the Imperial Household Agency does a “pretty good job”, not “how great” it is, so please don’t twist my words, and try and keep the embellishments down a bit.

The Imperial Household Agency is said to have been a major cause of the unhappiness that led to the Crown Princess's seclusion from public life a decade ago. Over the last year or so, the Crown Princess’s public appearances have increased. It has been a very encouraging change for the better, and I am very pleased to see more often at her husband’s side. It all suggests that her health is improving, and that is the most important issue. Therefore it is logical to conclude, on the evidence available, that, yes, the Crown Princess is coming to terms with the Imperial Household Agency (that is she is able to tolerate, accept, work with, or even stand up to the agency). The Imperial Household Agency may also be coming to terms with the Crown Princess. But I most certainly did not claim as fact (or fiction) that the Crown Princess is coming to terms with the Imperial Household Agency. Again, that was just you twisting my words.

The problem I have with your opinions is that they are not based on reliable sources. Yet you tend to present them, in overly emotional language, as if they are fact. The problem you have with my opinions (and yes, you quite clearly do have a problem with them) is that they tend not to fit in with the simplistic story of the wicked grey men breaking the spirit of the beautiful young princess that appeals to you.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Majesty

The IHA does not need any spin or PR campaigns. So any posts in favour or against the IHA are just a futile exercise in eloquence. It is impossible for us to know what the real state of affairs is. The Agency is highly effective and does not do stupid things like its European counterparts.

On a different note, an obvious increase in Crown Princess Masako's public appearances may indicate significant improvement in health.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

I do not think that either of the above posters are saying anything particularly out of turn. The whole situation with regard to the IHA and Crown Princess Masako is extremely complex and the very fact that we know so little of the situation makes it difficult to judge the situation other than what we instinctively feel or, in my case, wish. All we know is that CP Masako has had an "adjustment disorder" and no one is any the wiser as to what exactly that means. Is it depression caused by a restrictive lifestyle? Is it anxiety caused by pressure to produce an male heir? Is it an inherent form of illness we know nothing about?

The fact is, we do not know the full story and it it would be a dreadful shame if people fell out over something they do not know the full details of!

The last years have been awful for me, because I love the Japanese Imperial Family to bits and I have missed Masako dreadfully, worrying about her, concerned for her welfare, health and mental stability. I have hoped and prayed that the IHA were treating her well, looking after her, stepping back and allowing her to breath and have time and save to get better.

I even had this insane idea that Masako should have known what it would be like to be a member of the Imperial family and should have refused marriage to CP Naruhito!
Because of the negative views of the IHA, I worry about Empress Masako endlessly and hope she is as happy as ever she will be.

Ignorant of the truth can be bliss, but it can also be hell!

Anyway, what Chubb Fuddler says is positive, encouraging and helpful to everyone to try and work out what is going and how things currently are with Masako and for that I thank him heartily! She seems fitter, healthier and happier and the possibility that she and the IHA are working better together is great!

The IHA exist, always have done and always will do. I can give no comfort to SElizabeth in this matter, suffice to say that CP Masako has stayed with her husband, has had a beautiful daughter and appears to be getting better. She appears to be getting more support and understanding from the IHA - I don't know how they have handled all this or whether what we hear is true or not or how ill she was or anything. It is one of those rare situations where we can only hope for the good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

The IHA does not need any spin or PR campaigns. So any posts in favour or against the IHA are just a futile exercise in eloquence. The Agency is highly effective and does not do stupid like its European counterparts.

On a different note, an obvious increase in Crown Princess Masako's public appearances may indicate significant improvement in health.
You know I was just about to say that the Imperial Family could always have the British Royal family's advisors - I'm not sure it would have been been much help to Masako though - and the British press certainly wouldn't!

I say three cheers to Masako!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Majesty

To borrow some words from Churchill, my impression is that the IHA and their dealings with the Imperial Family are "an enigma wrapped in a mystery." We will likely never know the true extent of CP Masako's illness or all the details of her dealing with her in-laws and the IHA. However, I am pleased that she's able now to make some more appearances. I don't expect she'll ever be as public as the Crown Princesses in Europe, because that isn't how the Imperial Family does things. My only hope is that she'll be well enough to carry on her role as Empress when that time comes. With her knowledge of languages and her sympathy, I think that she will fulfill the role well as long as she maintains her health.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

The IHA does not need any spin or PR campaigns. So any posts in favour or against the IHA are just a futile exercise in eloquence. It is impossible for us to know what the real state of affairs is. The Agency is highly effective and does not do stupid things like its European counterparts.

Thank you and your so right. I got my opinion from a book on PM that I read, and from someone who has extensive knowledge on the IRF and from the fact that her husband once came out and said something in a form of a complaint that his wife I think had a very hard time because of them. I also read somewhere (?) that the Empress during her early years had suffered from depression because of IHA. Yes the are very effective and it shows in how they treat royal ladies, like the Empress and Crown Princess Masako which is very sad indeed. I would rather have a few mistakes in life as mistakes are part of life, then someone who is seen having a hard time because of men in gray suits(that is my term for IHA). No more complaints from me, they have their fans and I sure am not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I do not think that either of the above posters are saying anything particularly out of turn. The whole situation with regard to the IHA and Crown Princess Masako is extremely complex and the very fact that we know so little of the situation makes it difficult to judge the situation other than what we instinctively feel or, in my case, wish. All we know is that CP Masako has had an "adjustment disorder" and no one is any the wiser as to what exactly that means. Is it depression caused by a restrictive lifestyle? Is it anxiety caused by pressure to produce an male heir? Is it an inherent form of illness we know nothing about?

The fact is, we do not know the full story and it it would be a dreadful shame if people fell out over something they do not know the full details of!

The last years have been awful for me, because I love the Japanese Imperial Family to bits and I have missed Masako dreadfully, worrying about her, concerned for her welfare, health and mental stability. I have hoped and prayed that the IHA were treating her well, looking after her, stepping back and allowing her to breath and have time and save to get better.

I even had this insane idea that Masako should have known what it would be like to be a member of the Imperial family and should have refused marriage to CP Naruhito!
Because of the negative views of the IHA, I worry about Empress Masako endlessly and hope she is as happy as ever she will be.

Ignorant of the truth can be bliss, but it can also be hell!

Anyway, what Chubb Fuddler says is positive, encouraging and helpful to everyone to try and work out what is going and how things currently are with Masako and for that I thank him heartily! She seems fitter, healthier and happier and the possibility that she and the IHA are working better together is great!

The IHA exist, always have done and always will do. I can give no comfort to SElizabeth in this matter, suffice to say that CP Masako has stayed with her husband, has had a beautiful daughter and appears to be getting better. She appears to be getting more support and understanding from the IHA - I don't know how they have handled all this or whether what we hear is true or not or how ill she was or anything. It is one of those rare situations where we can only hope for the good.
No one will truly know what goes on behind closed doors and those doors at the palace are locked tight by IHA. What I find very sad is the fact that since she has been married she has not used her intelligence/career to the benefit of the royal family not Japan. She almost disappeared from view except those reports that she had a *adjustment disorder* which a friend in the mental health area here in the US said it was just depression. Depression was not something that she seemed to have before she married the prince and living in a controlled society and your every move watched can take the spirit out of either a man or woman. I believe she loves her husband and would never leave him for they have a beautiful daughter together and I bet that is the most important thing in the world to them.
Regardless of what happened to bring her out....it is truly delightful and a joy to see. She is a beautiful lady with a great smile. I just wish the very best for her and am thrilled that she is surviving , shows she is one strong woman like the Queen of the Netherlands whom is her friend.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako viewed the exhibition "Higashiyama Kaii and Four Seasons in Japan" at the Yamatane Museum of Art in Tokyo today, January 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 01-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy to see her. I wonder who decide her attendings? Herself, She and her husband, the Emperor ?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Happy to see her. I wonder who decide her attendings? Herself, She and her husband, the Emperor ?
No, they have nothing to say unfortunately.
They are the Grey men in the Royal Household.
BYe Bine
Old 01-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Interesting answer Bine, but I am french spreaking, what do you mean by Grey Man???
Old 02-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Majesty

Crown Prince Narihito and Crown Princess Masako had an audience with Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha and his spouse, February,9.

https://imperialfamilyjapan.wordpres...r-of-thailand/

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2770177.html
(originally posed by kapenot88)
Old 02-11-2015, 01:36 AM
Majesty

"Gray Men" are the household who surround a royal family; i.e. courtiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Interesting answer Bine, but I am french spreaking, what do you mean by Grey Man???

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess masako, current events