The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the information! Despite eccentricity, Princess Gloria has proved herself to be a shrewd businesswoman. She preserved the family's coffer. I am sure Furst Albert is happy to life his life doing things he wants.

In other news ...

Princess Gloria was among the attendees of the "CULTIVATING RUSSIA'S IMPACT ON GLOBAL FASHION DESIGN" discussion as a part of St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2014.

CULTIVATING RUSSIA'S IMPACT ON GLOBAL FASHION DESIGN - SPIEF Please, scroll down to see the broadcast and Princess Gloria's speech

Our people in St Petersburg | Blogs - Spletnik.ru
Please, scroll down to see the photos

Instagram Svetlana Bondarchuk

Old 05-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Administrator

The 'Cultivating Russia's Impact on Global Fashion Design' link in Al_bina's post above describes Princess Gloria as "Chief Executive Officer of an Internationally Operating Private Historical Fortune".
To provide further context for her attendance it adds "Fashion Icon of the 80ies".

Go Gloria - I guess there's not too many people with a substantive "CEO" alongside "fashion icon" appearing in their CV.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On May 22 Elisabeth attended the Roger Vivier Summer Party at Loulou's in London.

** Pic **
Old 06-06-2014, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

On May 24 the exhibition "Three women" by Maria Theresia and two other artists was opened at the gallery Ebensperger in Berlin, Germany. Gloria, Albert, Elisabeth and Maria Theresia's fiancé Hugo (see pic 4) proudly attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 06-08-2014, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Gloria attended the 'Macbeth' Opening Night - After Party in New York City on June 5, 2014:

** Pic **
Old 06-10-2014, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Another exhibition of Gloria's paintings, this time in New York:

The exhibition "Come On Darling, Don't Be Mad" was opened at the Hotel Chelsea's new Storefront Gallery on June 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** wsj.com: Marshall Heyman: Princess Celebrates Jet Set With Hand-Drawn Portraits **
Old 06-12-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Elisabeth attended the Anya Hindmarch and Mytheresa Dinner at the Royal Academy of Arts in London on June 10:

** Pic **
Old 06-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Nobility

So good to see pictures of the family together, especially Albert.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

The wedding of Maria Theresia von Thurn und Taxis & Hugo Wilson will take place in September. It's not yet known where. They speculate whether it will be in St. Emmeran or London.
Thurn und Taxis-Prinzessin heiratet im September
Old 06-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully the upcoming wedding will be at St Emmeram. It would be nice, if Princess Gloria and her daughters wear the Thurn und Taxis jewels.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Courtier

I bet they still have amazing pieces even after the auction.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I bet they still have amazing pieces even after the auction.
They still have some amazing jewels left
Old 06-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

Princess Gloria was among the attendees of the "CULTIVATING RUSSIA'S IMPACT ON GLOBAL FASHION DESIGN" discussion as a part of St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2014.

Well,she was speaking about Russian way of life,including history heritage...one can see that her grandmother was Russian Princess
Old 06-22-2014, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Gloria mainly kept the parures in coloured stones: the emeralds, rubies and sapphires. Also the large empire tiara in diamonds should still be in their vaults, since it did not reach the minimum price at the auction.

Actually it is beyond me why she kept that sapphire monster (sorry, but it IS out of proportion and dead ugly, imho). But instead she sold, or tried to sell, all the white tiaras. The pearl tiara of Empress Eugenie probably went to auction because it could be expected to fetch a very good price, due to its provenance. But why this lovely fuchsia tiara had to go puzzles me, it would have made a lovely wedding tiara, imo. http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/thurn-taxis/taxis-fuchsia-tiara.htm

Luckily both her daughters are fond of colourful and extroverted clothing. So Maria Theresia might even choose one of the coloured tiaras. I can even picture her in a multicolour wedding dress !
Old 06-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Commoner

"But why this lovely fuchsia tiara had to go puzzles me, it would have made a lovely wedding tiara, imo. http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/thurn-taxis/taxis-fuchsia-tiara.htm.....Luckily both her daughters are fond of colourful and extroverted clothing. So Maria Theresia might even choose one of the coloured tiaras. I can even picture her in a multicolour wedding dress"

I 100% agree with you Tilla C. The Fuchsia tiara was utterly beautiful and IMO Furstin Gloria was insane to sell it. I think Albert still owns the Hancock Emerald Tiara which is very beautiful too. I hope MT will have dark hair if she wears a tiara and not continue to dye it very blonde (which wouldnt be as striking).

I havent seen her engagement ring but I think she wears a lot of chunky jewelry so I expect a non-traditional headpiece and a Vivienne Westwood gown
Old 06-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshirerose View Post
I 100% agree with you Tilla C. The Fuchsia tiara was utterly beautiful and IMO Furstin Gloria was insane to sell it. I think Albert still owns the Hancock Emerald Tiara which is very beautiful too. I hope MT will have dark hair if she wears a tiara and not continue to dye it very blonde (which wouldnt be as striking).

I havent seen her engagement ring but I think she wears a lot of chunky jewelry so I expect a non-traditional headpiece and a Vivienne Westwood gown
Yes, Vivienne Westwood seems a perfect choice for her! And I'll be happy if she wears any tiara at all! She might well choose something else as a hair ornament. But I won't give up hope till I see the first wedding pic.

Hopefully they will get married at St. Emmeran.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Royal Highness

The fuchsia tiara is not only lovely but also elegant and beautiful. The sparkling flowers have a delicate appearance.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Gloria and Elisabeth attended "Jeff Koons: A Retrospective" at the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York City on June 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-25-2014, 03:11 AM
Courtier

I like this dress! So fun!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Elisabeth (wearing CHANEL) attended the CHANEL Aspen Ephemeral Boutique Opening held at Casa Tua, Aspen, on June 26, 2014:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Tags
german royalty, gloria, princess gloria, thurn und taxis