Visiting Denmark 1966

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandra

Nobility
City
x
Country
Finland

Attachments

• Polfoto_24_07_1966_1_Dronning_Anne_Marie_og_prinsesse_Alexia_ankommer_til_Kastrup_med_s_rmaskine__hv
    30.5 KB · Views: 622
You've done it again Jalmey - what great photos!!! Nice to see pictures of Alexia with her maternal grandmother even though she and her family were living in Greece at the time.

And did I spot King Juan Carlos (then Prince) in the third picture? What was he doing there and whom was he with? I didn't see Queen (Princess) Sofia.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jun 22nd, 2003 - 6:51 am
You've done it again Jalmey - what great photos!!! Nice to see pictures of Alexia with her maternal grandmother even though she and her family were living in Greece at the time.

And did I spot King Juan Carlos (then Prince) in the third picture? What was he doing there and whom was he with? I didn't see Queen (Princess) Sofia.
:cry: Oh Alexandria, this time it was not Jalmey...
but no need to get upset, we all make mistakes! :flower:

The Greek royals have always been the ones I like best.

And yes, it is Juan Carlos, there, too.

Originally posted by Alexandra@Jun 22nd, 2003 - 6:16 am
:cry: Oh Alexandria, this time it was not Jalmey...
but no need to get upset, we all make mistakes! :flower:
:doh: Alexandra, I am so sorry that I mistaken your great pictures for Jalmey's! I don't know what I was thinking! Double :doh:

Thanks for being so kind about my big guffaw. You're an . :angel:

You are wellcome, Alexandria, but the :angel:, I think, was perhaps just a little bit too much for me. I'll try to stay humble, anyway. :lol:

Beautiful black and white shots, Alexia looks adorable as a toddler and Queen Ingrid looks like the doting grandmother. (C:

I see the royal airplane with the royal flag and escutcheon. That was the aircraft that queen Frederika insisted that prime minister George Papandreou (the old man) buy for the royal family - and he did give in and bought it for her, while the Greeks were barefoot, starving and emigrating massively to Australia, Canada and Germany!

In the end, we all pay dearly for our deeds, don't we!

The pictures, by the way, are superb!!! Alexia was an adorable toddler

Addendum:
What makes the royal aircraft issue even more bizarre is that queen Frederika had phobia of flying and was rarely using it but she wanted it, I guess, for prestige!

Last edited by a moderator:
That visit was this? because there was King Juan Carlos?

Great Pictures , thanks
Later Queen Anne Marie was not allowed to attend her sister Margarethe 's Wedding.

I see the royal airplane with the royal flag and escutcheon. That was the aircraft that queen Frederika insisted that prime minister George Papandreou (the old man) buy for the royal family - and he did give in and bought it for her, while the Greeks were barefoot, starving and emigrating massively to Australia, Canada and Germany!

In the end, we all pay dearly for our deeds, don't we!

The pictures, by the way, are superb!!! Alexia was an adorable toddler

Addendum:
What makes the royal aircraft issue even more bizarre is that queen Frederika had phobia of flying and was rarely using it but she wanted it, I guess, for prestige!

His version of the plane is ridiculous, stupid
First, George Papandreou was a Republican, he was not santaclaus.
Second, the Ministry of Defense was who bought aircraft, then the ministry was more concerned with finance military conspiracies
Third, the same plane was used by George Papandreou in his official travels
fourth, I didn't remember that people were barefoot and starving, but I remember my father bought his first car and I remember the turists....
Fifth,Queen Federiki had no phobia of flying.
sixth, the presidents of the republic have cost more that the monarchy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom