Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it clear which members of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the wedding?

Yes, it is, in web of the "Hola!" says:
Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and princess Letizia, Infantas, Elena and Cristiana and Iñaky,and children.Although not very clear presence of the daughters of Prince Philip, but I think they will be, because this summer are gone soon Mallorca and could not be with their cousins and I think this is because they will be together Greece

Yes, it is, in web of the "Hola!" says:
Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and princess Letizia, Infantas, Elena and Cristiana and Iñaky,and children.Although not very clear presence of the daughters of Prince Philip, but I think they will be, because this summer are gone soon Mallorca and could not be with their cousins and I think this is because they will be together Greece

Hola! only says Queen Sofía, Prince and Princess of Asturias and Infantas, nothing about the children.

Todo listo para la boda de Nicolás de Grecia y Tatiana Blatnik

It is a private act so the Spanish Royal Household will not do official confirmations on this wedding.

I saw the pictures of Princess Alexia"s family in Greece for the wedding, I just didn't Crown Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal "s children!

I guess that if it´s a private wedding, all the children will be present. If not, I think the GRF children will be there, but I´m not so sure about the SRF ones.

is there any biography available of miss tatiana? i know nothing about her, where was she born? grew up? are her parents alive? where do they live?

Hola! only says Queen Sofía, Prince and Princess of Asturias and Infantas, nothing about the children.

Todo listo para la boda de Nicolás de Grecia y Tatiana Blatnik

It is a private act so the Spanish Royal Household will not do official confirmations on this wedding.

The Spanish Royal House never does official statement of private acts, and this is a family event, this is obvious but last week, the Spanish press published that the press office of the Spanish Royal Family, had told journalists that menbers will attend to the wedding.

is there any biography available of miss tatiana? i know nothing about her, where was she born? grew up? are her parents alive? where do they live?

You may find information on her if you google her. Sometimes it takes you to the peerage page where you can search her family tree.:flowers:

Is there any reason that the wedding is on a Wednesday?sorry if this has already been answered! This is very strange to me.

Two reasons that I have read:
The first, Tatiana's birthday is the 25th, I thought it was August 28 but I read that is 25 August.
The second, may be because the weekends there is much traffic of tourists on the island during the week is less, it is better for security. I think that is this

Why are they marrying in Greece? Both Alexia and Pavlos married in London. Do you guys think they wanted less attention?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Alexia & Pavlos had to be married in London because the GRF hadn't been allowed back on Greek soil yet. Now that they are welcome in Greece again, all baptisms, etc have been held there. This will be the first wedding though.

Why are they marrying in Greece? Both Alexia and Pavlos married in London. Do you guys think they wanted less attention?

I think the Prince Nikolas could have married in London, would attend to the wedding The Queeen Elizabeth ........., but he has decided that the wedding would be held in Greece, he knew that this would have a lesser representation of Royal House . I think he wanted something memorable, he likes to Greece, since 2003, he always has his holidays in Greece, and he had been at parties, weddings, baptisms of his friends . For Prince nikolaos a memorable wedding is to celebrate it in Greece, he is Greek, for us an unforgettable wedding would be in London with the Queen of England. I think he wanted a different wedding, unforgettable, special for him, and it was Greece

QEII never ever would have attended this wedding if it was held in London. She simply doesnt attend any weddings outside her closest family (children and grandchildren), that would be Charles' or the Wessex' job.

I don't think we will see much high class royalty at this wedding apart from family ties (DRF and SRF).

Actually the Queen did attend Pavlos's wedding to Marie Chantal....which was held in London I believe.

The Queen also attended the wedding of Alexia to Carlos Morales in London in 1999

QEII never ever would have attended this wedding if it was held in London. She simply doesnt attend any weddings outside her closest family (children and grandchildren), that would be Charles' or the Wessex' job.

I don't think we will see much high class royalty at this wedding apart from family ties (DRF and SRF).

You are so wrong,myfriend. The Queen attented both Pavlos and Alexia's weedings...

The Queen also attended the wedding of a daughter of the Duke of Westminster in 2004; if I don't mistake, the reason why she rarely attends weddings outside her family is linked to the necessity to grant her security.

Yes Queen Elizabeth attended Pavlos' wedding. So did Queen Noor and the late King Hussein; the Agha Khan, Empress Farah and family.

Queen Noor and her two daughters as well as Prince Hassan and his family attended Alexia's wedding.

The Norwegian and Swedish royals attended both previous weddings so I expect them to attend this one too.

I'm wondering who among the Jordanian royals will attend Nikolaos' wedding. I'd like to see Queen Noor there, the el-Hassan family is probably a safe bet.

Last edited:
And wedding of Prince Pavlo was Queen Mother.
Noor of Jordan will be in wedding of Prince Nikolaos.

The Queen both attended CP Pavlos´and Princess Alexias weddings!

Yes, but she could now make tha big step!:)

I don´t think that she will ever take that big step even if one of her grandchildren deceides to marry outside England..:bang::bang::bang::bang:
At that point (sorry my frenche) she´s a stubond lady..

Yes, but she could now make tha big step!:)

Doing it for this wedding would be incredible bad for all the other rather bigger weddings she has missed out on for instance all the heir weddings. She is unlikely going to travel at her age and I doubt Prince Phillip is.

LOL! And why do you believe she isn't goin to make that step?

LOL! And why do you believe she isn't goin to make that step?

Because she hasn't bothered to make the step to any other wedding she has been invited to abroad, when every other reigning monarch has travelled.
If HM, or Charles and Camilla turn up I will think it is incredible bad of them to turn up to this wedding and not any of the others they have been invited to.

Back
Top Bottom