The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Greece

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

Yesssss!! I have read that it could be in Porto Heli...

Old 03-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Gentry

could be or will be dear beltraneja? there is big difference. i think we should wait and see. they will announce it soon anyway, since this summer is so close.

greets,
gregory

Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Nikolaus and Tatiana will marry next autumn, according to an interview Queen Anne Marie gave to Danish magazine Billed Bladet:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/3/Prins%20Nikolaos%20og%20Tatiana%20Bryllup%20til%20efteraaret.aspx translated by GramTrans

She hasn't stated an exact date or location. The Queen shared this information during an interview she gave the magazine in her London home last month.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the news!!
.In the interview (in Athens)they spoke of this possibility that it could be in autumn, but now it is confirmed by the Queen...But before of this celebration is to be held another that is the 70th birthday of King..
Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Gentry

yes, very good news! but now that i know it will be in autumn something tells me they won't chose greece for the wedding...i hope they will of course.

greetings,
gregory
Old 03-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Does that mean that the date 24th of August is no longer valid since August is not in autumn but in summer.?
Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Gentry

obviously!!

gregory
Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Courtier

May be they choose September the 18th?! (wink)
Old 03-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
May be they choose September the 18th?! (wink)
Why that date?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Why that date?
Queen Anne-Marie and King Constantine were married on September
18, 1964, so I guess that's why wartenberg7 hit on the idea
Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRspecialforces View Post
yes, very good news! but now that i know it will be in autumn something tells me they won't chose greece for the wedding...i hope they will of course.

greetings,
gregory
Don't give up hope, summer ends late in Greece so a september wedding at an island or the country-side would be great. Not many tourists, the heat will be less and the nights will be comfortable for a garden after wedding party.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 AM
Serene Highness

I'm agree with you .. I think if the wedding would be in London this would be in the months of June and July or August ..... But in the fall, I think it will be in Greece, less tourists and good weather .
The Summer ends on September 20th or 21th...., the 18th would be nice but it's still summer .. I think this might be the last week of September or early octuber.The October 1st is the birthday of the Prince Nikolaos.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Royal Highness

I´m waiting anxiously for this wedding, be it in summer or autumn. What a beautiful couple they are! A déja vu of his parents´wedding.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

I think this confirms that the wedding will be in Greece .... I am agree that the wedding could be in September because temperatures are more pleasant than in summer, not so hot.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolopoulus View Post
I think this confirms that the wedding will be in Greece .... I am agree that the wedding could be in September because temperatures are more pleasant than in summer, not so hot.
A September wedding will be lovely, weather will be around 22-27. last year i did not get much below 17 and that was late December. Ill be in greece then so would love to fly over and maybe get the chance to see them and take lots of photos for TRF.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Nobility

That would be most welcome Noldorlord...
Old 04-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
Don't give up hope, summer ends late in Greece so a september wedding at an island or the country-side would be great. Not many tourists, the heat will be less and the nights will be comfortable for a garden after wedding party.
hello to all. yes lia, of course i still hope for a greek wedding. but i have in my hands the newest issue of life&style and i got a bit disappointed. the only sure thing is it will be in september. no exact date or place yet, but it also says tatiana's hairdresser has his hair salon in mayfair in london and he will prepare her hair that day. the good thing is that he's greek, but this doesn't mean he will travel to greece to make her hair...so, everything is possible... i don't want to bring bad luck, but something tells me tatiana and the rest of the family don't want to change place. it's more normal to prefer to prepare the wedding the way they like it in their base and this is london unfortunately.

greetings,
gregory
Old 04-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Courtier

The only possibility to get Queen Elizabeth as a wedding guest is IMO indeed to celebrate in London. And I´m quite sure this is one thing Tatiana/Nikolaos is keen on since Elizabeth attended both Pavlos´ and Alexia´s wedding. She is well known for never travelling abroad to take part in marriages.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with Stefanie..The Queen of England never attended royal weddings outside Great Britain ....

Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana visited Marbella (Spain) weeks ago to visit to the maternal grandmother of Tatiana, Ellinka. After, they have traveled to Porto Heli (Greece) for pass holiday with the Kings of Greece and some family friends

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a.../marbella1.jpg

in picture Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana in airport of Madrid
Old 04-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
The only possibility to get Queen Elizabeth as a wedding guest is IMO indeed to celebrate in London. And I´m quite sure this is one thing Tatiana/Nikolaos is keen on since Elizabeth attended both Pavlos´ and Alexia´s wedding. She is well known for never travelling abroad to take part in marriages.
But in August and September she is usually on Holdiay at Balmoral. And i doubt if the Queen would come to London only to attend a Wedding. The WEddings of Pavlos and Alexia where in Jul before the Holiday starts.

Royal Travel and Events

Tags
greece, king greece, nikolaos of greece and denmark, prince, tatiana blatnik