The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-15-2017, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

dramatic look but also majestic and very Queen Maxima she looks absolutely magnificent

Old 10-15-2017, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not a fan of Maxima's outfit at all, but even so it's very 'her' so she manages to get away with it - Maxima's one of the only royals who manages to pull off the "loud and proud" look well!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-02-2017, 04:13 AM
Majesty

Queen Maxima at the dinner in Saba

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2...E171201272.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0356696678.jpg
Old 12-02-2017, 04:43 AM
Administrator

It's a recycled Valentino dress Crown Princess Mary owns as well:

** May 2014 ** Mary September 2015 **
Old 12-02-2017, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Very beautiful dress, just love it and in fact Mary wore it better then Max for she looked a bit disheveled to me. Pretty color and love the fabric and style, it looked quite comfortable to wear also.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:56 AM
Majesty

Mary wore it in a posh place, Máxima wore it in a beach hut.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a lovely dress and nice soft colour but I don't understand why Máxima goes outside with hurricane hairstyles?
Old 12-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love the colour of Maxima's dress but am not a fan of the style. It gives off an unironed appearance to me, as if she wore it in bed the night before (which probably isn't the case but I've never been a fan of such fabrics).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Im being picky but if you're the Queen going to one of your island provinces. Get a pedicure. Even if they just trim and put on clear polish. Sorry. I hate evening sandals on feet with no polish.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:36 AM
Majesty

Queen Maxima attends at the dinner last night in Sint Maarten

https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0356759389.jpg
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0356759408.jpg
Old 12-03-2017, 05:58 AM
Nobility

I liked Maxima's pale pink dress. Its very feminine dress that looks good on both fair and dark-haired woman. Sadly not only Maxima did have messy hair but her husband had so too; talk about being solidary to your wife.
That second choice -- that shapeless blouse and short trousers and shoes selection look...look...odd choice!
Old 12-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The pink valentino looks very nice on both Mary and Max. I don't mind it at the beach with sandals, from what I could see in the picture.
The black and white horror pants suit looks like a clown outfit. Oh No
Old 12-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Majesty

The pink Valentinto look is lovely on both. Great choice.

The black and white screams prison uniform. Not to mention she swims in it.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The pink Valentinto look is lovely on both. Great choice.

The black and white screams prison uniform. Not to mention she swims in it.
You must have elegant prison uniforms in Alberta! With a view to the theme of the Dutch Royal Visit to the Caribbean i.e. viewing and assessing hurricane damage, the 'swimming' portion of your comments and the 'hurricane-hair' referred to above is indeed the intended effect of the Dutch Royal Couple's
quick visit to the Islands, that are part of the Dutch 'Commonwealth' if you will. Here, the Dutch King and Queen are at home and they have indeed visited here many times before. The informal styling the couple present is entirely appropriate and probably much appreciated (I haven't yet scanned newspaper feedback on this visit, quite frankly!) I think you and some other RF board members are being a trifle harsh on the Dutch Royal Couple.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Not a fan. The first look was elegant but messy but this looks like a pyjama.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
You must have elegant prison uniforms in Alberta! With a view to the theme of the Dutch Royal Visit to the Caribbean i.e. viewing and assessing hurricane damage, the 'swimming' portion of your comments and the 'hurricane-hair' referred to above is indeed the intended effect of the Dutch Royal Couple's
quick visit to the Islands, that are part of the Dutch 'Commonwealth' if you will. Here, the Dutch King and Queen are at home and they have indeed visited here many times before. The informal styling the couple present is entirely appropriate and probably much appreciated (I haven't yet scanned newspaper feedback on this visit, quite frankly!) I think you and some other RF board members are being a trifle harsh on the Dutch Royal Couple.
This is a fashion thread. If you expect people to bowl over in praise of every outfit, you're in the wrong place.

Prison as in the old jailor costume of black and white stripes.

And it was intentional to look like she is wearing clothes 4 times larger then her own size? Really I am not sure how looking like she borrowed someone else's clothes was meant as a tribute to the island and a hurricane.

I guess oversize could be a theme? The hurricane was large so she was dressed in large clothes? I notice she didn't continue the oversize theme for the rest of the trip.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:15 AM
Majesty

The pink dress is stunning.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
ooh!! you're magesty what are thinking going to an official event wearing a pyjama
Old 12-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

A pajama that looks like a prision uniform love the pink dress