Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not bad, but yes old fashioned. Needs something, like brighter color :sad:

That dress was very tight on her, it did not fit well at all and the sleeves around the arm showed how tight the dress was and the bust line was extremely tight. Not a good fit at all and the colors were so dull and bland for a huge party. And in viewing the 2nd picture, what was that look of shock on their faces?

I agree the dress was a bit too tight but I loved it! The colors, the embellishments and the style was great. The hair style is nice and so was the simple pumps and the earrings.

I liked this dress very much. It was a little too tightly fitting for her, especially around her bust, but it had very lovely fabric and design. I think V-neck dresses would be better choice for M-M body shape because they would give the illusion of a slimmer upper body.

Last edited:
I find the dress beautiful. I love the colors.

The dress is beautiful, but not for her. Too much texture, sequins, and all that gives the illusion of making the wearer bigger. That is something she doesn't need as well as wearing her clothes too tight. N ice earring though!

I like the dress itself but as others have noticed it doesn't fit well. A little alteration would have done wonders, as would investing in some good undergarments. Then she could totally pull off that dress and she'd have some fantastic looking curves.

The dress is nice but needs another figure, a good bra, and for God's sake, a real fitting !

They are two royal ladies unable to wear properly fitted outfits.

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie, always too large!
CP Mette Marit, always too tight!
For both ladies, why Is so difficult ?

The dress is nice but needs another figure, a good bra, and for God's sake, a real fitting !

They are two royal ladies unable to wear properly fitted outfits.

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie, always too large!
CP Mette Marit, always too tight!
For both ladies, why Is so difficult ?

Mette I agree but Stephanie has been on a roll. Other then a high bra recently, she has been doing much better. Been top of fashion polls many weeks. Including evening gowns. Unlike Mette, she seems to be learning.

Mette I agree but Stephanie has been on a roll. Other then a high bra recently, she has been doing much better. Been top of fashion polls many weeks. Including evening gowns. Unlike Mette, she seems to be learning.
You are right, Stéphanie's improving. Mette no, situation goes from worst to worst.

I like the color of the dress and the decor on it. She used to dress so well, then she went on a yearlong hiatus a few years ago with her husband & kids and now she dresses like blahh. She's had some great outfits but she's also had a lot of misses.

Hate to say that but she has not dressed as well as she used to.

Last edited:
Beautiful white gown. Happy to see the amathysts :flowers:

But what is going on around the elbow on the right side:ermm:

Lovely. The dress is pale pink on my screen. Her clutch purse is on the right (well her left, but viewer's right).

:previous: Oh now I see the clutch.

Looks bright white to me, every where but the sleeves. The sleeves have a pinkish tone, almost like see through lace to me. Or maybe the entire dress is white lace over pink, and its just more obvious on the arms.

I'm seeing pale pink. I like the dress and she looks very elegant with her hair pulled back like that.

Beautiful dress, love the color and the white overlay. Also great,that it isn’t too tight on her so she looks like she is busting out of it like the last gown

I love this gown.

Do you mean the clutch she has tucked into her arm?

(..) she is getting clothes that fit her better, what ever it is she is looking good

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the gown. She looks beautiful.

Extremely beautiful... apparently she has discovered pink !!!! My pleasure !

Back
Top Bottom