Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
I don't think it has been boring at all, with the exception of PCP, the rest of the royal family has been working very hard since vacation time is over, they know their duty and are out there showing their support of Sweden. Why even Princess Cristina has been out doing what is expected of her and with her husband no less.......it seems that some in the royal families just don't get it and probably never will, all fun and play. I have been loving seeing CPV and PD out, they are such a strong couple together and they show their love of each other and of Sweden.........

Where have you seen that?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Loads of royal blogs quoting loads of Swedish newspapers. Google Sofia Helqvist tattoo removal. Though you should be prepared to see the bride referred to as Princess Snakey for a variety of reasons in some....

Why laser off the tattoos - just have the wedding in January.

Well Gracie, you know next spring has a way of coming quickly. If the tattoos are undignified/unprincesslike/chose whatever adjective now, that will be the case next spring when she shows up in a sleeveless/strapless at whatever occasion.

Loads of royal blogs quoting loads of Swedish newspapers. Google Sofia Helqvist tattoo removal. Though you should be prepared to see the bride referred to as Princess Snakey for a variety of reasons in some....

I didn't see any reputable sources.

And that particular nickname is popular on a forum that... Well, whenever I read it I strongly suspect that most of the posters are deeply bitter, unhinged individuals because that's the only reason I can come up with for obsessively negative comments about a stranger.

I am personally not 'up' on which Swedish newspapers are reputable. How did you determine which was and which was not? Several posts seem to show the arm tattoo getting lighter and more blurry, as if being lasered, over the last few months. I personally would welcome the removal of the more visible ink.

I guess I just didn't see that in the pictures- different lighting, but no real evidence of them being removed.

I don't have strong feelings about it one way or the other, but tattoos are fully acceptable at this point and I hope if she's removing them, it's because she wants to, not because people are making her feel like she has to.

I'm a little confused about the tattoos. I thought the arm one was a temporary henna tattoo, and that only the ones on her upper back and torso were permanent. In some of her pics with CP she doesn't seem to have any marks on her left arm. Which one/ones is she allegedly having removed?

The large one on her upper arm is putatively being removed. Cant imagine why. delightful to have a princess covered in tattoos.

Tattoos can be really beautiful and interesting and I don't get the attitude that they're low class or worth looking down on.

I don't have any, but it's because I've never found a design that's felt meaningful enough, not because I think they're trashy.

Most people under 35 are completely ok with tattoos at this point.

Ok, I do not have problems with tattoos in particular...... the one on her taille - hey, thats a really nice one. AND: its INVISIBLE under her clothing.... in her future public duties.

What I really, really DO NOT LIKE is her tattoo on the neck. Because? IT IS visible.
Imagine Nobel Gala. Sophia in a great evening Dress. Tiara. Earrings. Diamond necklace from the Bernadotte Foundation. And then? TATTOO...... Grrrrrr
My opinion.
Bye Bine

Ok, I do not have problems with tattoos in particular...... the one on her taille - hey, thats a really nice one. AND: its INVISIBLE under her clothing.... in her future public duties.

What I really, really DO NOT LIKE is her tattoo on the neck. Because? IT IS visible.
Imagine Nobel Gala. Sophia in a great evening Dress. Tiara. Earrings. Diamond necklace from the Bernadotte Foundation. And then? TATTOO...... Grrrrrr
My opinion.
Bye Bine
I totally agreee. Nor would I like to see pierced eybrow/nose especially with one of the earrings from the royal collection!

My opinion.
Bye Bine

I agree with you,,

My opinion.
Bye Bine
I agree. Nothing against tattoos, I've seen some that are gorgeous and my hubby has a few. I've even contemplated getting one, once or twice. But I too thought about Sophia's neck tattoo and how un-graceful it would look with tiaras etc.

My opinion.
Bye Bine

The one on her upper back is ostentatious and gross, imo. If she is going to be wearing lots of evening gowns with her hair up and a tiara, occasionally exposing her back and shoulders(as many young Royal women do) the flashy tattoos will simply have to go.

Their very presence will simply reinforce an existing past that I am pretty certain Sofia and her future-in-laws don't necessarily want to be reminded of.

Maybe that's why they announced the wedding that far in advance so she has time to laser off the tattoos for you guys :lol:
(and no, i didn't read that somewhere, i just made it up)

It would be wonderful if the couple made some official appearances.

Why laser it off? Make Up can do the trick if nessecary for special occassions. Models do the same when on catwalks or in fotoshoots. It would be an easier solution for a problem I don't even see.

I wonder how some people who are against Sofia's tattoos feel about Stephanie of Monaco's tattoos. She has several, one which is located on her shoulder blades and is as visible when she wears sleeveless dresses as Sofia's is.

The same goes for Crown Prince Frederik. He also has tattos on his leg and his upper arm.

Crown Prince Frederik's tattoos are proper ones based upon the tradition of tattoos in the Navy, rather than a fashion statement.
I am afraid I find most tattoos worn today rather common with little meaning and rather pointless. Traditional tattoos such as an eagle with it's wings spread on a chest is rather nice, although I doubt it would suit Sophia. The Maori inspired ones are, I believe, quite offensive to the Maories as the designs are sacred.

I wonder how some people who are against Sofia's tattoos feel about Stephanie of Monaco's tattoos. She has several, one which is located on her shoulder blades and is as visible when she wears sleeveless dresses as Sofia's is.

Are we holding Stephanie up as a model Princess?

It looks gross on her too. But...goes with the sun damage and smoking lines I guess. Stephanie looks like 10 miles of rough road IMHO.

Are we holding Stephanie up as a model Princess?

It looks gross on her too. But...goes with the sun damage and smoking lines I guess. Stephanie looks like 10 miles of rough road IMHO.

It looks gross on her in your opinion. But you don't like tattoos. Personally, I like Stephanie's shoulder tattoo.

I wouldn't say that Stephanie is a model princess in any way, but rather that she's an example that princesses can have tattoos. There are other royals who have tattoos - CP Frederick comes to mind - and others who are rumoured to have tattoos as well.

I wouldn't call Frederick's tattoos "proper" and Sofia's not (as Jacknch implies) because tattoos are no longer simply something people in the navy or other armed forces have. They are something much more common and frequently have some kind of meaning to the person who gets them - even if that meaning is simply "I liked the design". Having a tattoo in this day and age does not make a woman trashy, and she shouldn't have to get rid of it, or hide it simply because she's about to become a princess and it might clash with a tiara.

Some tattoos on men I like but on women I don't like at all. Apparently some airlines won't even allow their stewards or stewardesses to have visable tattoos on them as they think it lowers the tone of the company and I can totally understand why. I didn't know Sophia had one on her neck, what is it?

Hmm, perhaps "trashy" is indeed the wrong word to use in connection with tattoos - it's just a case of finding another word with the same meaning :whistling:

I did Not say trashy. I said that Stephanie looks like 10 miles of rough road with the sun damage and smokers lines oh and yes the tats. Just my humble opinion. I dont expect everyone to agree with me.

I did Not say trashy. I said that Stephanie looks like 10 miles of rough road with the sun damage and smokers lines oh and yes the tats. Just my humble opinion. I dont expect everyone to agree with me.

No one's saying that you said trashy. I said trashy, in response to Jacknch saying that people with naval tattoos are proper and people whose tattoos are not traditional are pointless.

Hmm, perhaps "trashy" is indeed the wrong word to use in connection with tattoos - it's just a case of finding another word with the same meaning :whistling:

This is, in my opinion, tricky ground here.

Personally, I think that if you go back 50 years and look at the tattoos that are common then you'll see a lot of mismatched tacky tattoos. They have meaning to their owner, but they are - in my opinion - tacky to look at.

In contrast, today there are still a lot of tacky tattoos. There are a lot of cliches for tattoos, there are even some that are rather trashy. But a lot of that depends on the person, the tattoo, the location. And what to me seems to be a tacky or a trashy tattoo might have great meaning to the person who has it.

At the same time, there are tattoos that are obviously symbolic - the navy tattoos, the religious ones, the ones someone's name or birthday or what have you on them.

And then there are tattoos that are purely about the art. I've seen tattoos that are really elegant masterpieces etched onto someone's body. It might not be how I would express myself, but I've seen some women who are very tattooed and their tattoos add to their beauty.

I don't think Sofia's tattoos are ugly or trashy or whatever word you (or anyone else) want to use, but that's my opinion. I do think that it's her body and it's her decision how she modifies it. I think that as far as tattoos go it's not that bad - it's smaller, it's on her back, it's easily covered (if she wishes to cover it) by her hair or clothing. It's not like she has a giant sleeve down her arm or a Mike Tyson tattoo on her face.

My comparison to Stephanie of Monaco was more that there are other princesses out there who aren't a part of the main line who have tattoos that are just as visible as Sofia's in formal wear, but the institution of the monarchy didn't come crumbling down because of it.

I think she should just cover the one on her neck during thr wedding and other official receptions (such as the Nobel)... I'm sure the hairdresser and a stylist can do something....

This is, in my opinion, tricky ground here.

Personally, I think that if you go back 50 years and look at the tattoos that are common then you'll see a lot of mismatched tacky tattoos. They have meaning to their owner, but they are - in my opinion - tacky to look at.

In contrast, today there are still a lot of tacky tattoos. There are a lot of cliches for tattoos, there are even some that are rather trashy. But a lot of that depends on the person, the tattoo, the location. And what to me seems to be a tacky or a trashy tattoo might have great meaning to the person who has it.

At the same time, there are tattoos that are obviously symbolic - the navy tattoos, the religious ones, the ones someone's name or birthday or what have you on them.

And then there are tattoos that are purely about the art. I've seen tattoos that are really elegant masterpieces etched onto someone's body. It might not be how I would express myself, but I've seen some women who are very tattooed and their tattoos add to their beauty.

I don't think Sofia's tattoos are ugly or trashy or whatever word you (or anyone else) want to use, but that's my opinion. I do think that it's her body and it's her decision how she modifies it. I think that as far as tattoos go it's not that bad - it's smaller, it's on her back, it's easily covered (if she wishes to cover it) by her hair or clothing. It's not like she has a giant sleeve down her arm or a Mike Tyson tattoo on her face.

My comparison to Stephanie of Monaco was more that there are other princesses out there who aren't a part of the main line who have tattoos that are just as visible as Sofia's in formal wear, but the institution of the monarchy didn't come crumbling down because of it.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head - tattoos tend to be meaningful for the person wearing them and quite meaningless to everyone else, which to my mind is rather pointless because one is displaying or showing off something that one apparently wants people to see or know about and rarely does the viewer think so much of the tattoo that it is worth mentioning or becoming a talking point.

"Flashy" had also mentioned, so my mind became a whirl of "flashy" and "trashy" and I simply had to make a little joke about it.

Now, imagine the Queen with the names of all her dead corgis tattooed all up her leg and down one arm, intertwined with ivy leaves and lily of the valley - trashy, flashy or perfectly elegant? :lol:

Sofia Hellqvist hat ein Tattoo auf dem Rücken: Nicht gerade üblich unter schwedischen Aris...

We are getting OT, Sofia hardly has a sleeve/half-sleeve or complete backpiece, she has only one tattoo that is actually visible when wearing a dress and that is a tiny mono-chrome piece on her back, in one of the spots on the human body which is least likely to wrinkle
So while you are welcome to share other stories like several posts earlier today: they have little to do with Sofia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom