Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? You feel better about it because she is the FORMER miss slitz rther than the current one? ;-/

Being kind of "rogue", I've always liked Sofia. Her past is her past, as is yours, mine and everyone else's. I shall not be baited.

:previous:Even though I agree with your comment, the past of each of us shows the character and type of person of each of us..........our decisions in life really show the kind of person that we are.......some not so nice and others are pretty darn decent people. With SH about to be a representative of Sweden, she has a ton of work to prove she is capable for the job. Being a royal isn't all fun and games........it's a position that requires dignity and discretion and working for the people.

:previous:Even though I agree with your comment, the past of each of us shows the character and type of person of each of us..........our decisions in life really show the kind of person that we are.......some not so nice and others are pretty darn decent people. With SH about to be a representative of Sweden, she has a ton of work to prove she is capable for the job. Being a royal isn't all fun and games........it's a position that requires dignity and discretion and working for the people.

Imo Sofia is already at least equal (if not *more* aware) to P.C-P in knowing it's not all fun and games and it requires working for the people :flowers:

:previous: Whom is SH equal to in the royal family? Surly not Crown Princess Victoria........this is a lady who is above reproach and has dignity and poise.
Most of SH life choices that she herself made are questionable to say the least. Just because a person marries into a royal family, it does not make them royal at all. To be royal it shows in their character............

Most likely, Sofia will carve out a role for herself. She'll do her duties alongside Prince Carl Philip and members of the royal family. I think she is proving that she's up for the job and take it very seriously. She conducted her self with a great deal of dignity and grace whenever she appeared with Prince Carl Philip at family events and she did the same when she accompanied the royal family to the official Opening of Parliament. Her job won't be about competing with Crown Princess Victoria or Princess Madeleine, so lets not even try to put her up against those two.

There are no perfect royals out there and they all slip up and stumble a few times because that's what humans do in the real world. Royal life isn't a fairy tale but I'm sure Sofia's critics will be on the lookout for any flaw, just to prove that she isn't royal material.

I'm just looking forward to hearing some official wedding news.

Last edited:
:previous:I miss read someone's earlier comment and that is the reason for my comparing SH to CPV, it should of been to CPC instead. Yes, I am one of her harshest critics and I also know that the past is the past, yet our past is what makes us the person we are today..........and there are some people in this world that have different ideas of how things should or we would like them to be as that is the way they where in the past, and yes times do change and not always for the best. What I see on TV today makes my hair curl and I don't need curly hair...........so I don't watch most TV today or even go to the movies, (that was 15 years ago last time I went). As for SH, I just have to wait and see....the opening of Parliament was a good beginning for her, she dressed very extremely nice, just an inch longer in the skirt would have been better, her poise during the session was nice to see. I will admit that these 2 seem to be deeply in love, if so, then I hope all goes well for them, maybe she will help PCP to do more for the family and the people instead of partying. ;)

I have my own personal theory about why the wedding date might not be official for another couple of weeks/months.

Besides the question of what the relationship looks like between Sofia and Victoria/Madeleine, I'm 100% sure that neither of the sisters want to miss out on their brothers wedding. I'm also guessing that both sisters might be somewhere in the process of considering/trying for/wanting child number two. If one of them should be in the last stages of a pregnancy at the time of the wedding, there is a risk that she couldn't attend. No one would want that to happen, if it can be avoided.

So I'm betting that we won't see an official wedding date until perhaps after christmas. By that time the court will know about possible pregnancies and can adjust the wedding date after that.

Some how I don't see the Sisters discussing getting pregnant with anyone other than their husbands. It is a private matter wedding or not.

Some how I don't see the Sisters discussing getting pregnant with anyone other than their husbands. It is a private matter wedding or not.

You're right, but if one of them would be heavily pregnant by the time of the wedding, the pregnancy would already have been made public by Christmas, I think was what Xenobia meant.

You're right, but if one of them would be heavily pregnant by the time of the wedding, the pregnancy would already have been made public by Christmas, I think was what Xenobia meant.

Totally correct, that's what I meant. Pregnancies can't be scheduled, but weddings can. It wouldn't surprise me if they have several dates - from may to august - that they could use.

Let's say that Madeleine is pregnant and due in may. That might be a reason to schedule the wedding for july or august, so that she can be there. If none of the sisters are pregnant around christmas, it's safe to schedule the wedding for may or june.

Sorry, but waiting if maybe one of his sisters is pregnant by christmas is idiotic in my eyes. Both of them know that their brother wants to marry next summer. And both of them know that being heavily pregnant could bust everything for him and his bride. So IMO Victoria and Madeleine along with their husbands should do everything to not get pregnant right now. In this case the princesses and their husbands should arrange their lifes around their brothers and their future sister-in-laws wedding plans. Not the other way around.

Totally correct, that's what I meant. Pregnancies can't be scheduled, but weddings can. It wouldn't surprise me if they have several dates - from may to august - that they could use.

Let's say that Madeleine is pregnant and due in may. That might be a reason to schedule the wedding for july or august, so that she can be there. If none of the sisters are pregnant around christmas, it's safe to schedule the wedding for may or june.

Correction! Pregnancies can be scheduled. It's called birth control.

Last edited:
Sorry, but waiting if maybe one of his sisters is pregnant by christmas is idiotic in my eyes. Both of them know that their brother wants to marry next summer. And both of them know that being heavily pregnant could bust everything for him and his bride. So IMO Victoria and Madeleine along with their husbands should do everything to not get pregnant right now. In this case the princesses and their husbands should arrange their lifes around their brothers and their future sister-in-laws wedding plans. Not the other way around.

Correction! Pregnancies can be scheduled. It's called birth control.

Victoria has so much age, that if she wants to get pregnant, she shouldn't in any case think about her brothers wedding. Hers and Daniel's child/children come first.

The sooner Carl Philip and Sofia tell the wedding date and the place, the less the press and media has to speculate for. And because it seems that they both enjoy to be at the media very much, the longer they delay the news, the more the press can write and speculate. And ask about it every time from Margareta Thorgren, when she comments something regarding the royal family. And Thorgren must comment it. And the press writes.
When the date and the place are told, it tells already quite a lot about the wedding.

You can schedule NOT being pregnant by using birth control. That's correct (even if there's no such thing as a 100% safe). But you can't schedule when a pregnancy actually will happen.

We can't know for sure, but it's quite likely that at least one of the sisters is interested in getting pregnant again, and trying. I'm childfree by choice myself, but I still think that pregnancies are more important than weddings. We have to agree to disagree about that one.

Pregnancies has nothing to do with announcing a wedding date.

My guess is the date is being planned out as we speak. The King and Queen and all the other royals scheduals will be planned around the wedding date.

Victoria has so much age, that if she wants to get pregnant, she shouldn't in any case think about her brothers wedding. Hers and Daniel's child/children come first.

The sooner Carl Philip and Sofia tell the wedding date and the place, the less the press and media has to speculate for. And because it seems that they both enjoy to be at the media very much, the longer they delay the news, the more the press can write and speculate. And ask about it every time from Margareta Thorgren, when she comments something regarding the royal family. And Thorgren must comment it. And the press writes.
When the date and the place are told, it tells already quite a lot about the wedding.

I agree, that everyone should decide for themselves if and when they want to have children. But I disagree that Victorias and Daniels children come first. In this case the wedding comes first and if Victoria or Madeleine is heavily pregnant by then (by accident I'm sure because I highly doubt it that both of them want to take the spotlight from their only brother on his wedding day) then both of them have to live with the fact that their pregnancy isn't the most important event on this day. Like I said, it's Carl Philips and Sofias big day and their wedding shouldn't be arrange around baby plans of his sisters. Both sisters could wait a few month. Because if none of them is pregnant right now both of them should use birth control at least until the end of the year to be sure to NOT be heavily pregnant at the wedding.

You can schedule NOT being pregnant by using birth control. That's correct (even if there's no such thing as a 100% safe). But you can't schedule when a pregnancy actually will happen.

We can't know for sure, but it's quite likely that at least one of the sisters is interested in getting pregnant again, and trying. I'm childfree by choice myself, but I still think that pregnancies are more important than weddings. We have to agree to disagree about that one.

I'm 100% sure that both of them want another child, but like I said above I'm also sure none of them would be so egoistic as to bust their brothers wedding by having a baby at the same time. Accidents can still happen, but in this case the wedding is more important than babies, because the wedding is announced already. So both princesses know better to not get pregnant right now which they definitely can control.

I agree, that everyone should decide for themselves if and when they want to have children. But I disagree that Victorias and Daniels children come first. In this case the wedding comes first and if Victoria or Madeleine is heavily pregnant by then (by accident I'm sure because I highly doubt it that both of them want to take the spotlight from their only brother on his wedding day) then both of them have to live with the fact that their pregnancy isn't the most important event on this day. Like I said, it's Carl Philips and Sofias big day and their wedding shouldn't be arrange around baby plans of his sisters. Both sisters could wait a few month. Because if none of them is pregnant right now both of them should use birth control at least until the end of the year to be sure to NOT be heavily pregnant at the wedding.

I'm 100% sure that both of them want another child, but like I said above I'm also sure none of them would be so egoistic as to bust their brothers wedding by having a baby at the same time. Accidents can still happen, but in this case the wedding is more important than babies, because the wedding is announced already. So both princesses know better to not get pregnant right now which they definitely can control.

I have to disagree. The wedding has not been scheduled yet, so can easily be planned around any potential pregnancy by Victoria. As she gets older, time will run out for Daniel and her. A few months here or there should make no difference to C-P and Sofia.

I doubt that Madeleine is planning second child already, Leonore is still very little...
But...Everything can happen.
As for birth control...Even pills are not 100% effective...

I agree totally with Biri, Leonore is only just coming up for 8 months old, therefore I doubt that Madeleine would even consider trying to have another child yet. The earliest Victoria and Daniel may have another baby will be late summer 2015.

To be honest I think it is best not to speculate too much about any potential pregnancies and at the end of the day it is a couples business if they have any children or not and how many.

My main point wasn't to focus on potential pregnancies, but it's kind of hard to avoid when I think that it might be a reason why we won't get an official wedding date until after christmas. But if I'm wrong, and we have an announcement of the date before that, I don't mind at all :)

I'm sure there is a date already but they have to organise a lot of basics now before they can make the date official.

Children are more important than wedding. You can not order them from online shop. You will never know will you become pregnant again or later.
There is nothing egoistic if Victoria (or Madeleine) wants to have a child right now. Carl Philip would be egoistic if he would want to prevent her sisters to get pregnant because of his wedding. Pregnant women can attend a wedding. And if either should be pregnant and give birth just before the wedding, she can stay out of the wedding and watch it from TV. It doesn't ruin Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding. Or at least it shouldn't, everyone in the family should be happy about that.

Children are more important than wedding. You can not order them from online shop. You will never know will you become pregnant again or later.
There is nothing egoistic if Victoria (or Madeleine) wants to have a child right now. Carl Philip would be egoistic if he would want to prevent her sisters to get pregnant because of his wedding. Pregnant women can attend a wedding. And if either should be pregnant and give birth just before the wedding, she can stay out of the wedding and watch it from TV. It doesn't ruin Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding. Or at least it shouldn't, everyone in the family should be happy about that.

I partly disagree. Carl Philip and Sofia have their right to marry and this is not egoistic if they would marry when either Victoria or Madeleine or both would be pregnant. They could attend the wedding (My best friend and witness gave birth one week after our civil wedding).

It is the big day of Carl Philip and Sofia and it should be only their day and not the day of Victoria, Madeleine or other parts of the SRF.

I think that the SRF should continue with their plannings for the wedding, if the sisters are pregnant or not. BTW I don't believe that Madeleine would like to get pregnant soon.

Annais and Chloe Sommerlath could be flower girls. :rose::rose2::rose:

. . . . . Correction! Pregnancies can be scheduled. It's called birth control.

You can do the best you can but the pill has an approximate 7% failure rate and condoms 12%. So failures notwithstanding, you can "schedule" not getting pregnant.

However, scheduling a pregnancy is much more problematic. It can take weeks, months or years to achieve.

The notion that pregnancies planned by Victoria or Madeleine impact the planning of Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding is a wee bit of a stretch!

I'm sure there is a date already but they have to organise a lot of basics now before they can make the date official.

i agree, they must have a date (at least in mind) but probably want to make sure everything is set before announcing it.
Suppose it's somewhere in May or June it's probably early enough to announce the date in late december or january?

I can not for the love of heaven believe what I am reading here, some of you think that the world stops just so PCP and SH can get married........what the h..............is that? CPC and his bride can get married anytime they want and so what if his sisters are going to have babies in the future.........birth control..........where are the brains of someone who thinks that V/M should use birth control just so their brother can have them at the wedding.........I have never heard such garbage in my life. Life for V/M will continue before and after the wedding........and if they have big bellies so what? PCP is not the heir, he rarely does anything in the way of working for the people of Sweden, he races cars and loses, he parties, he is not the savior of the family for goodness sake..........what age group thinks he is the best of the family? Okay done, you heard my rant.........got it off the chest and still can't believe what I have read...........

You can do the best you can but the pill has an approximate 7% failure rate and condoms 12%. So failures notwithstanding, you can "schedule" not getting pregnant.

This reminded me of that scene between Ross and Rachel in the series 'Friends' (from my childhood - or my teens :p ). It's priceless! :flowers:

Friends - HD - Rachel Tells Ross She Is Pregnant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HkqeORgn_U

I can not for the love of heaven believe what I am reading here, some of you think that the world stops just so PCP and SH can get married........what the h..............is that? CPC and his bride can get married anytime they want and so what if his sisters are going to have babies in the future.........birth control..........where are the brains of someone who thinks that V/M should use birth control just so their brother can have them at the wedding.........I have never heard such garbage in my life. Life for V/M will continue before and after the wedding........and if they have big bellies so what? PCP is not the heir, he rarely does anything in the way of working for the people of Sweden, he races cars and loses, he parties, he is not the savior of the family for goodness sake..........what age group thinks he is the best of the family? Okay done, you heard my rant.........got it off the chest and still can't believe what I have read...........

I only wrote what I wrote because someone wrote, that maybe they wait with announcing a date because one of his sisters could be pregnant. I don't think they shouldn't be pregnant at the wedding. For me it's totally unimportant how their bellies look like at the wedding. I just wanted to say that I don't think PCP and Sofia should arrange their days arround the hypotetical baby plans of his sisters but around only around their own lifes. They shouldn't wait until after it's sure that neither V nor M is pregnant to search and announce a date. That wouldn't be fair to PCP and S. That's all I meant after someone brought up the idea of PCP and S having to wait fpr a date until after it's sure that there are no pregnancies. So please cool down, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom