The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Royal Highness

What was wrong with Ariane in the first place?

Old 01-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
What was wrong with Ariane in the first place?
From Hola on Spanish:
La pequeña sufrió una grave infección –que incluso hizo temer por su vida- a los veintidós días de nacer por lo que, como a todos los padres, la indisposición les preocupó notablemente.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Noticias en Bariloche - Diario El Cordillerano Edición Digital

When you scroll down you can see a picture which appears to show the Crown Prince Couple in the hospital with Maxima carrying Ariane. When you click the title it swtiches to Maxima and her mother getting into the car.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

I feel so sorry for the family. Maxima looks very upset in the pictures.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Having watched the video I would say the bodyguard needed to react but perhaps went a little over. He pulled her out of the path of the car and then she started lashing out. Even when taken away she was trying to fight back. She should be deeply ashamed of herself trying to get at a family already under stress. I wonder if she had been a male photographer would there have been a similar reaction.
Also from watchin the video I didn't see him hit her only restraining her by holding her arms. However she hit him over the head while another photographer kicked his car door! Paparazzi know no boundaries

That's exactly what I saw as well. She seemed out of control! The camera did cut away briefly to follow the car but it appears he was only restraining her. The photographers really seemed to cross over the boundary line.

Are these bodyguards hired from a Argentinian security organization? Or are they the usual bodyguards for the family? Do we know that they are actual guards for the royals or just guards at the clinic/hospital?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the bold one, it was in Capital Federal with Carmen and the girls, it is some picture of him in this threat but i really do not know if he is from the Netherlands or if he is from the embassy or Argentinean security organization, the same with the nanny, may be somebody knows ????
Old 01-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I feel so sorry for the family. Maxima looks very upset in the pictures.
I felt the same way when I looked at the video and pics. I understand they are public figures, but I can't help thinking about the agony of Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander dealing with the wee sick Princess Ariane.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Having watched the video I would say the bodyguard needed to react but perhaps went a little over. He pulled her out of the path of the car and then she started lashing out. Even when taken away she was trying to fight back. She should be deeply ashamed of herself trying to get at a family already under stress. I wonder if she had been a male photographer would there have been a similar reaction.
Also from watchin the video I didn't see him hit her only restraining her by holding her arms. However she hit him over the head while another photographer kicked his car door! Paparazzi know no boundaries
No,he didn't go a "little over",I would have,but not him.That woman was screaming histirically,not listening to the request to make way for the car,she could have been hit by the car you know,no,all she did was frustrating,or trying to,traffic while yelling all kinds of palabra's I can't use here.She was lucky I wasn't around.No one ever hit her,she was just gently taken by the arm to make way for the traffic,that is all.But ofcourse,as there is such a high profile family involved,and there is so much gutter press,isn't it great to make havoc and create something out of proportion?
I do hope for her I won't come across her when I visit Argentina soon and would follow and harass her for a day,see how she reacts to that.Bet she would say she was obstructed in her freedom.Up your daisy!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadThaiPrincess View Post
I felt the same way when I looked at the video and pics. I understand they are public figures, but I can't help thinking about the agony of Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander dealing with the wee sick Princess Ariane.
Well, I wouldn't think about it as an 'agony', but certainly a valid and understandable concern, due to the fact that she had some rough days with a lung infection when she was born too. After all, they are just parents taking their baby to hospital - they deserved to be left alone...

According to this article, two claims were presented against the CPs' custody: one for 'physical damage' (by the female reporter) and another one for 'damage to property' (apparently one guy's camera was damaged):

ENLACES
Old 01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
This week's Gente magazine has 6 pages on Máxima (only pictures from the photosession). Caras magazine has just acknowledged she was here : ) and has 8 pages on the same subject. None of them has any pic from their holidays in the Patagonia.

Sumario - Gente Online
Caras' cover - see bottom right corner

Revista Caras
Old 01-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Courtier

According to the KLPD (Dutch Police - Politie.nl), Máxima´s bodyguard acted correctly and was right. According to Story magazine, they saw the video of the incident and reached this conclusion.

Story
Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

i find it terrible that they don't even let them alone when they are having problems with ariane. it is enough that they decided to pose for the press to have some privacy afterwards, let alone take pictures of them in private activities but taking pictures of them going to the hospital is far too much. it's beyond that what a paparazzi should do: who would have fun seeing someone suffering because their daughter is in hospital? which magazine would actually want to show those pictures? i find it ludicrous.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Courtier

carlota, I agree with you although there is a small section of the public that enjoy seeing "wealthy" or "famous" people suffer a bit. It is called jealousy. Shame. I certainly hope that the poor child is fine and her lungs will not give her problems all her life. My own daugher has the same problem since birth. Quite a worry.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

Note to: Lucein, I enjoyed reading your above post. I got a chuckle out of it. And I agree on your assessment of what happened. The photographer was hysterical and out of control. Such a mystery as to why some photographers/reporters feel that they can act so irrational and then call it their job and their right.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
No,he didn't go a "little over",I would have,but not him.That woman was screaming histirically,not listening to the request to make way for the car,she could have been hit by the car you know,no,all she did was frustrating,or trying to,traffic while yelling all kinds of palabra's I can't use here.She was lucky I wasn't around.No one ever hit her,she was just gently taken by the arm to make way for the traffic,that is all.But ofcourse,as there is such a high profile family involved,and there is so much gutter press,isn't it great to make havoc and create something out of proportion?
I do hope for her I won't come across her when I visit Argentina soon and would follow and harass her for a day,see how she reacts to that.Bet she would say she was obstructed in her freedom.Up your daisy!
Let us know what happens when you meet her. I am sure it would be very interesting.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Courtier

According to a local newspaper from Río Negro, most of its readers were against the attitude of the female journalist, considering her behaviour innappropiate and an invasion to the CPs' intimacy:

Readers objected the photographer's attitude

Lectores objetaron la actitud de la fotógrafa
Old 01-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

in first place, how did the press know that the CP where at the hospital? somebody from the hospital had to call the press, so this person is to blame too!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
in first place, how did the press know that the CP where at the hospital? somebody from the hospital had to call the press, so this person is to blame too!
Don't think so.With the family around the press,that sort of press that is,is simply lurking everywhere for any movement by anything.As they know where they stay(ed) and lurk long enough it takes only one to call all the others and follow the vehicle,
any vehicle,coming from the country club going somewhere.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Commoner

The Holidays in Argentina come to an End this weekend. Queen Beatrix and her family will be back at work next week. They will host the New Year's Reception on January 8th.

I hope they had a wonderful family holiday despite the illness of Ariane and the stupid behaviour of the Argentinien Paparazzi.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i find it terrible that they don't even let them alone when they are having problems with ariane. it is enough that they decided to pose for the press to have some privacy afterwards, let alone take pictures of them in private activities but taking pictures of them going to the hospital is far too much. it's beyond that what a paparazzi should do: who would have fun seeing someone suffering because their daughter is in hospital? which magazine would actually want to show those pictures? i find it ludicrous.
i totally agree! the hospital scene was awful, i'm just sorry the sweet princess was ill and then had to be frightened (i'm sure they all were) by the scrum rushing at the car. I know those in the car were scared as the car was swarmed, all the yelling, pounding on the car (you can see it in the video) up until the last second i'm sure from the front seat it looked like they were going to be hitting and running over people. So here is a sick child, frantic parents trying to get home and to have to deal with this- disgusting.
i'm not surprised anymore (did you see all the paps trying to crawl in the ambulance with brit on the news) they are the scum of the earth, don't get me started i'll be edited for ranting