Mette-Marit's visit to Germany, 17.-18. October, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAMBURG, GERMANY - OCTOBER 18: Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway shakes hands with a unidentified child prior of the official opening of Norway's consulate general on October 18, 2006 in Hamburg, Germany

from getty

72203396ik9.jpg

CP Mette-Marit is doing a good job as a crown princess. I like the way she has put on abit of weight and not rushed off to loose it after her last son’s birth. I like it, it suits her, gives her a healthy glow/look. I would not want her to loose any, also by not; she is setting an example that not everyone who is in the spotlight should be thin. It seems she is happy about her weight.

For the visit, she looked great in the black and white outfit, very elegant, very professional,. Hair, make-up etc was all great. The event from earlier today, she also looked good and elegent. Hope to see more pictures.

Thank you fanletizia for the pictures

I think Mette-Marit looked lovely during the events, and the hair in the first act was a lovely bun (I'm not sure it's said that way). :flowers: She tends to wear a bit conservative considering her age she could be a bit more daring, but that's her choice. :flowers:

I think she is doing a great job and she'll be a great queen, she's definitely hard working and don't shy away from going to events on her own. :flowers:

I think she's lovely and very brave:flowe
rs:

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit receives flowers from eight-year-old Cornelia during a reception in Hamburg, northern Germany, Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2006.

Photos from Polfoto

Mette-Marit, as always, looked absolutely fantastic. Loved the hair, outfit, everything. Great Job Mette-Marit!

I like her pink dress! Also I have to say that I like her much better with open hair! :rolleyes: She looks great!

i loved the way she pulled her hair up yesterday, not to mention the outfit. it really looked terrific: modern and elegant. i read that rosario nadal was advising her on her wardrobe, this really looks to me as one of rosario's great advices.

i couldn't help noticing what a beautiful shiny hair she has...

is that the same pink coat and dress she used in iceland a couple of years ago?

she's doing a great job. I like her dress, her hair, she has an adorable smile, and she transmits serenity. Definitely she'll be a great queen.

I think the dress (incl. coat) is the one she wore at the 100 years coronation anniversary.

Sorry I wasn't able to post you a picture here. You can see it at "Royal House of Norway", page 2 , coronation anniversary.

By the way- does anybody know whether she flew in with a normal jet with other passenger in at the same time? If yes, did those passengers step out before MM?

She looks very pretty today.
Gorgeous hair!!

Crown Princess Mette-Marit is given flowers by five-years old Ida as she visits the Sailor's Church of Hamburg, northern Germany, 18 October 2006

from getty

More photos of this morning
from getty

Last edited:
Sonnenblumenmäd said:
By the way- does anybody know whether she flew in with a normal jet with other passenger in at the same time? If yes, did those passengers step out before MM?
Typically VIP's go to a special waiting area when they check in -- they are seated before others on the plane and they deplane before the others do. Very often, few people know when a VIP is on board except staff.

thanksss for the photos !!!! Mette marit looks wonderful !!!!

Sonnenblumenmäd said:
She flew on a commercial flight from Lufthansa, the norwegian royals very rarely fly in a private planes, sometimes the ministry of forreign affairs chaters one for statevisits if there are a big delegation, or they use the military plane. I think Haakon and Mette-Marit always flies commercial planes, Märtha and Ari use the military plane for their hooneymoon but since thant I have never heared the younger royals using it.

She looks much better in the pink dress and coat rather than that black and white outfit with the black stockings. But I don't think clothes really matter so much to M-M. She's not into fashion and style. She just wants to be a mother and Haakon's wife. The princess thing is incidental. She is very demure and I don't think that will change. She's more comfortable in jeans and casual clothes.

Mette-Marit visits Hamburg

18.10.2006 Mette-Marit signs the golden book of the open air and Hanseatic town.

Photos from Polfoto

Last edited:
Hamburg 18.10.2006

Crown Princess Mette-Marit takes over the official opening of the Consulate General in Hamburg.

Photos from Polfoto

Crown Princess Mette-Marit waves as she leaves the Norwegian Seaman's church on October 18, 2006 in Hamburg, Germany.

Photos from GettyImages

yes she did her roots! :) She looks very nice, but also a little simple.

Laviollette said:
She looks much better in the pink dress and coat rather than that black and white outfit with the black stockings. But I don't think clothes really matter so much to M-M. She's not into fashion and style. She just wants to be a mother and Haakon's wife. The princess thing is incidental. She is very demure and I don't think that will change. She's more comfortable in jeans and casual clothes.
I agree, however..I also believe she doesn't mind being a princess! She looks very nice in Hamburg if a tad bit too staid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom