Mette-Marit's pregnancy with Sverre Magnus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karisma said:
If it would have been so serious she would'nt have been able travelling to Kristiansand.

There's a difference between travelling in a car within a country and getting on an airplane and travelling to another country, no matter how short the flight is.

Also, when in Sweden, Mette-Marit would've had a very busy and tight schedule -- as we saw with the King and Queen and Haakon attending all sorts of engagements and galas with the Swedish royals. Such a busy schedule could've escalated Mette-Marit's health problems.

Also, when working, even within Norway, there can be stresses placed upon Mette-Marit that wouldn't necessarily be present if she is relaxing or socializing with her family and friends.

Karisma said:
I don't agree with the way You express it! Mette-Marit's top priority right now is her country. She have marrid a Crown Prince and the people of Norway is her first obligation. Period!

Even though she married in royalty and her role is to represent Norway, her first priority should always, always be her own health and the health of her unborn baby.

I doubt anyone in Norway wants a Crown Princess who shows up at all her schedule appearances but is sick throughout them.

There have also been numerous examples throughout history where Queens have put their country before their own young children to negative results. In Great Britain and Denmark, both Charles and Frederik respectively, have expressed publicly how lonely their childhoods were because their parents were constantly travelling and out of town and how little they saw of their parents.

In any job, whether it's Crown Princess or baker or office worker, if you care more about your job than your children or the health of your unborn baby, then perhaps that is a sign that you shouldn't have children in the first place.

ladies, don't think it needs to get so dramatic. i think karisma gave good arguments to support what he thinks, and sometimes not respecting someone is not only insulting or fighting with that someone, but the continuous discussion of the ideas he/she has. i have been through a similar situation and know how it feels to be refuted all what you say without even a hope of making the other person say "ok, you are right when you say this". what he said was logical and that's what matters in my opinion, although we may agree or not. this time i will have to support mette marit and the statement that it was previously said by alexandria, that everyone's priority should be his/her own health, but at the same time making the effort of going to events would be appreciated by any country, and mostly knowing your health isn't in a good condition.

Karisma said:
I don't agree with the way You express it! Mette-Marit's top priority right now is her country. She have marrid a Crown Prince and the people of Norway is her first obligation. Period! (If she realy is sick she should stay in bed or rest at home if she are thinking about her unborn child and her country).
And part of her obligation to Norway is to produce a healthy heir and spare. Since the press release about her having low blood pressure she has only attended one event. The photos of her at the fashion show, which was an official engagement, and at her nieces soccer match were before the press release.

"Is being a Princess more than a Nice Hat"?

carlota said:
ladies, don't think it needs to get so dramatic. i think karisma gave good arguments to support what he thinks, and sometimes not respecting someone is not only insulting or fighting with that someone, but the continuous discussion of the ideas he/she has. i have been through a similar situation and know how it feels to be refuted all what you say without even a hope of making the other person say "ok, you are right when you say this". what he said was logical and that's what matters in my opinion, although we may agree or not. this time i will have to support mette marit and the statement that it was previously said by alexandria, that everyone's priority should be his/her own health, but at the same time making the effort of going to events would be appreciated by any country, and mostly knowing your health isn't in a good condition.

Thank You Carlota for reading what I'm trying to say and not make big drama about what I don't write or mean! And thank's for trying to understand my opinion, even though You don't have the same opinion Yourself. Perheps I'ts cultural differnses making us have different opinions and different way saying/writing what we think. (Ex: HRH Prince Charles of Britain could'nt have av church marrige because he'vebeen married before, late HRH Prince Bertil of Sweden cold'nt marry HRH Pricess Lilian until HM King Carl XVI Gustaf was married with HM Queen Silvia because Bertil svored to his father "Duty above all". and, if I'm right informed, some Royals from Catholic and Arabic countries didn't go to Norway for the marrige between HRH Crown Prince Haakon and HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit because she have been married before having a son).

I do belive we must respect diffrenses in behavior, but we don't have to like them. We also have to respect eachother. I've been told that the Royals in Norway are very modern and informel. I, myself, like gala and formalitys, official protokolls and behaving well, but "superior". Royal behavior! And I trou belive that when Royals not are "magic" I won't like them and the different Parlaments wont't have them.

"Is being a Princess more than a Nice Hat"?

i agree with that last thing you said, karisma. what some people look in monarchy is not to see how common and normal and down to earth their lifes are (although it may be nice sometimes to see them going to the zoo or having a walk), but just the opposite (if that was the case we wouldn't have been posting in a royal forum but in a celebrities one!): galas, that royal behaviour you mentioned, crowns and tiaras... :)

i didn't know some people from the european and arabic countries didn't go to the wedding: can anyone tell who were those who weren't attending?

(in that case they lost the chance to see live one of the most beautiful royal wedding dresses, which many of us would have loved to see... :) )

I don't think it's a desease being pregnat.

kwanfan said:
And part of her obligation to Norway is to produce a healthy heir and spare.

My apologies if you find me rude but we are writing and talking about a rather healty pregnant women, not a breeding stock! And MM have all the services included...:rolleyes:
I don't think it's a desease being pregnat. What help did MM have when she was pregnant with her firs born son Maurius (before she married Royal)? He seem too be a healty, qute yong men althogh MM lived a life with drougs and a father to Maurius who didn't care. Well, Maurius perhaps meet a princess some day - then he's Royal too! And he was'nt at all "in the breeding stock".

No offense Ladies, but if You like drama I'll give You drama. Plese try to move Your mindes and don't read in things I've not been writing.

I don't think it's a desease being pregnat. What help did MM have when she was pregnant with her firs born son Maurius (before she married Royal)?

Pregnancy is not a desease, I agree with you there. However, as those of us who have children might know, pregnancy can make you feel pretty sick. As this seems to be the case, can we just accept that she might not be well enough to go on a state visit, where her job would be to make a good impression? And that she might rather spend time with her mom, who could help her with her kids?
No need to bash her...

BTW, doing your duty until you drop dead (as King Harald is planning to do) doesn't sound that clever. IF you really want to serve your country, wouldn't it make sense to preserve your health as well as you can in order to serve your country longer?

Karisma said:
My apologies if you find me rude but we are writing and talking about a rather healty pregnant women, not a breeding stock! And MM have all the services included...:rolleyes:
I don't think it's a desease being pregnat. What help did MM have when she was pregnant with her firs born son Maurius (before she married Royal)? He seem too be a healty, qute yong men althogh MM lived a life with drougs and a father to Maurius who didn't care. Well, Maurius perhaps meet a princess some day - then he's Royal too! And he was'nt at all "in the breeding stock".

No offense Ladies, but if You like drama I'll give You drama. Plese try to move Your mindes and don't read in things I've not been writing.
My comment was not meant to imply that she was "breeding stock." My comment was in response to your comment that her first duty should be to her country. If that is the case than she is doing her duty to her country by putting the health of the future genertion of Norwegian Royalty before a state visit.

There ar very many women with difficultys in their work.

Alexandria said:
1. There's a difference between travelling in a car within a country and getting on an airplane and travelling to another country, no matter how short the flight is.
2. Also, when in Sweden, Mette-Marit would've had a very busy and tight schedule -- as we saw with the King and Queen and Haakon attending all sorts of engagements and galas with the Swedish royals. Such a busy schedule could've escalated Mette-Marit's health problems.
3. Also, when working, even within Norway, there can be stresses placed upon Mette-Marit that wouldn't necessarily be present if she is relaxing or socializing with her family and friends.
4. Even though she married in royalty and her role is to represent Norway, her first priority should always, always be her own health and the health of her unborn baby.
5. I doubt anyone in Norway wants a Crown Princess who shows up at all her schedule appearances but is sick throughout them.
6. There have also been numerous examples throughout history where Queens have put their country before their own young children to negative results. In Great Britain and Denmark, both Charles and Frederik respectively, have expressed publicly how lonely their childhoods were because their parents were constantly travelling and out of town and how little they saw of their parents.
7. In any job, whether it's Crown Princess or baker or office worker, if you care more about your job than your children or the health of your unborn baby, then perhaps that is a sign that you shouldn't have children in the first place.

1. Karisma: Travelling betveen Norway (Oslo) and Sweden (Stockholm) is like travelling domestic in Canada from the center of Alberta to the centre of Brittish Columbia.
2. Karisma: Don't make drama! She could have minimized her program.
3. Karisma: In what job or life are You witout any stress?Please give me one examples!
4. Karisma: So if my wife , a Med. doctor, feels unhealthy she shold leave her patients and because she don't fell well? You know: There ar very many women with difficultys in their work.
5. Karisma: I'm not sure. If one reads papers from Norway You'll see that only about 60% of the people in Norway are satisfied with the way MM are doing her job.
6. Karisma: How many of us are totally pleased with both of our parents and their work when we were kids? Bringing up children is not easy and it's not easy being parent. But You can't be an adult if Yu don understand that Your own parents also have being cilds who wanted more from their parents. Many of us havn't had children nurses and own menservants giving full service and we can eventhogh make advanced work with great responsibility.
7. Karisma: If You love children You or Your partner should'nt work at all and don't marry an man/wife who have to be "married to her/his job"!

Ladies: I think You underestimate Yourselves as women when You only craves that HRH MM shall produce a child and sometime wear a nice hat with a mild smile.:rolleyes:

Karisma said:
1. Karisma: Travelling betveen Norway (Oslo) and Sweden (Stockholm) is like travelling domestic in Canada from the center of Alberta to the centre of Brittish Columbia.
3. Karisma: In what job or life are You witout any stress?Please give me one examples!
4. Karisma: So if my wife , a Med. doctor, feels unhealthy she shold leave her patients and because she don't fell well? You know: There ar very many women with difficultys in their work.
5. Karisma: I'm not sure. If one reads papers from Norway You'll see that only about 60% of the people in Norway are satisfied with the way MM are doing her job.
6. Karisma: How many of us are totally pleased with both of our parents and their work when we were kids? Bringing up children is not easy and it's not easy being parent. But You can't be an adult if Yu don understand that Your own parents also have being cilds who wanted more from their parents. Many of us havn't had children nurses and own menservants giving full service and we can eventhogh make advanced work with great responsibility.
7. Karisma: If You love children You or Your partner should'nt work at all and don't marry an man/wife who have to be "married to her/his job"!

Ladies: I think You underestimate Yourselves as women when You only craves that HRH MM shall produce a child and sometime wear a nice hat with a mild smile.:rolleyes:
1. Mette-Marit is said to have a fear of flying. If she is already not feeling well, the added stress of confronting a fear could be harmful.
2. I'm sure if she minmized her program people would still be criticizing her.
3. Of course every job faces stresses. But there are not many jobs where you have to look elegant and presentable, make conversation with people you may have never met, and represent your country. I'm sure this would be very stressful if you were feeling ill from a pregnancy.
4. Of course there are. But there is a difference between simply having a cold, and being pregnant. When you are pregnant, an illness can have an effect on not one but two lives.
Of course we all hope Mette-Marit will have a healthy happy child. It seems to me that the people insisting that Mette-Marit should attend these events despite being ill are the one who only care aobut seeing Mette-Marit in a nice dress and hat.

[/QUOTE]

4. If she were ill, she should call in sick and get well. Her patients wouldn't benefit if she were ill and couldn't work as well as usually on that account. We all know that there are situations when it would be downright unsafe to work, for ourselves or the people who work with us.

I think as women we know exactly - many of us from experience - how hard it can be when you're pregnant, so most of us are more tolerant than men who've never experienced pregnancy.

Isn't the whole discussion pointless, anyway?

Smilla said:
As this seems to be the case, can we just accept that she might not be well enough to go on a state visit, where her job would be to make a good impression? And that she might rather spend time with her mom, who could help her with her kids?

Well, she have nurses and servents for everything she needs. But her Mom ar quite a lady (I like her Mom very much!) and I can understand that it's not the same with servents as it is with her Mom

Smilla said:
No need to bash her...

My meaning is not "bashing". I only want's to ponit at differences between behavior among Royals.

Smilla said:
BTW, doing your duty until you drop dead (as King Harald is planning to do) doesn't sound that clever. IF you really want to serve your country, wouldn't it make sense to preserve your health as well as you can in order to serve your country longer?

I can agree about doing dutys until You drop dead. I'm worried about King Harald! But mostly (Christian) elder Royals are broght up Biblish. "Those who try to save (spare?) Your life shall lose it". (Translation from Swedish Bible).

Karisma said:
and, if I'm right informed, some Royals from Catholic and Arabic countries didn't go to Norway for the marrige between HRH Crown Prince Haakon and HRH Crown Princess Mette-Marit because she have been married before having a son).

She has not been married before.

What catholic royals did not have good representation at that wedding?
From Spain the Queen and Crown Prince, From Belgium the King, Queen, Crown Prince. From Lux Former and Present Grand Ducal couples, the heridary grand duke plus Prince Guilame and Princess Sibilla.

The only non reigening royals that were ther was the greeks, but that was the same as with the King and Queen and Princess Märtha Louise. As far as I can remember the only norwegian wedding that had arabian wedding guests was Märtha Louises who had a prince and princess from jordan so its hardly exceptionally that there were non for that wedding.

Guestlist for source
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?ogid=110&mgid=5&gid=16&aid=488

btw there was not any arab royals (except for Farah and she is not reigning) in Copenhagen either were they boycotting Mary also

Source
http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?id=61102

Last edited:
Smilla said:
Isn't the whole discussion pointless, anyway?

It is if we only crave our Royals waving and feeding children the whole discussion is totally pointless. But if we belive that Monarchy are something above that and like the traditions about Monarchy and belive that its a good way rouling a contry it's not poinless, but very important.

Karisma said:
It is if we only crave our Royals waving and feeding children the whole discussion is totally pointless. But if we belive that Monarchy are something above that and like the traditions about Monarchy and belive that its a good way rouling a contry it's not poinless, but very important.
Based on this statement, I assume you like the monarchy and want it to continue. In order for the monarchy to continue, Mette-Marit must do what is best for her unborn child because her unborn child is part of the future of the Norwegian monarchy.

Pew! :D (after reading this page of heated discussion)

kwanfan said:
In order for the monarchy to continue, Mette-Marit must do what is best for her unborn child because her unborn child is part of the future of the Norwegian monarchy.
Indeed, that's very true.

I hope Crown Princess Mette-Marit will feel better soon. Can't wait for the autumnal royal baby boom coming!

kwanfan said:
Based on this statement, I assume you like the monarchy and want it to continue. In order for the monarchy to continue, Mette-Marit must do what is best for her unborn child because her unborn child is part of the future of the Norwegian monarchy.

I like Monarchy when it's gives us "something more" than other ways rouling. But when Monarchy dosn't live up to it's own ideal, it's dead. The way some Royals live (this is'nt about HRH MM -yet, even though I have had my dubts several times) would'nt have been possible in some other countrys. But when we speek about "Royal Norway" it's difficult take threts about "unborn childs" seriously. HRH CP Haakon is a living proof that a Royal can marry the partner he/she loves! (Thats very good for the modern Monarchy in my opinion :) )! The more You ladies makes drama about "unborn child" maks me remaining that "everyone" can be a Royal if falling in love with an other Royal. When You've been married with av CP (male/female) You are Your country! Thats why duty is above all!

For ex: When HM King/Queen speeks they say: "We like..." - about them selves. King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden when he initiate an official spech: "We, King Carl XVI Gustaf"... HM Queen Margareta of Denmark, worlds oldest Monarchy, speeks about the same. Why? Because a Rouling Royal IS it's country. The King of Sweden is Sweden! We = all us living in Sweden = Monarchy. I want to remind You again what HM Queen Margareta of Denmark answerd when one of her sons were going to marrie a girl who was'nt Royal. "The most important for a Royal is having good helth and strong legs".

Last edited:
Karisma said:
I like Monarchy when it's gives us "something more" than other ways rouling. But when Monarchy dosn't live up to it's own ideal, it's dead. The way some Royals live (this is'nt about HRH MM -yet, even though I have had my dubts several times) would'nt have been possible in some other countrys. But when we speek about "Royal Norway" it's difficult take threts about "unborn childs" seriously. HRH CP Haakon is a living proof that a Royal can marry the partner he/she loves! (Thats very good for the modern Monarchy in my opinion :) )! The more You ladies makes drama about "unborn child" maks me remaining that "everyone" can be a Royal if falling in love with an other Royal. When You've been married with av CP (male/female) You are Your country! Thats why duty is above all!

For ex: When HM King/Queen speeks they say: "We like..." - about them selves. King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden when he initiate an official spech: "We, King Carl XVI Gustaf"... HM Queen Margareta of Denmark, worlds oldest Monarchy, speeks about the same. Why? Because a Rouling Royal IS it's country. The King of Sweden is Sweden! We = all us living in Sweden = Monarchy. I want to remind You again what HM Queen Margareta of Denmark answerd when one of her sons were going to marrie a girl who was'nt Royal. "The most important for a Royal is having good helth and strong legs".

I think I understand what you are saying, but I cannot seem to escape the idea that they are also human beings, no matter what, and subject to all human frailties.

They are representatives of their country.

When one of them uses the term 'We' in a speech, they are including themselves as part of the general population -- not referring only to themselves, then relegating every other citizen outside of their own family to just some kind of extra bothersome footnote. I would find it hard to believe, for example, that CP Hakkon things he himself is Norway rather than a person who was born into a position where his family job is to represent Norway. :rolleyes:

If he thought he himself actually was Norway, that would mean that every Norwegian citizen would exist only as a result of his own bidding -- as an extension of him. If he did think that, which I am sure he must be much more grounded a person than all that, I would think he would be some sort of megalomaniac. I certainly hope that is not what you meant...:eek:

But I don't know, maybe there are some royals out there who believe that the country where they live exists because of them, soley for them and for their own pleasure...:eek:

The country is made up of many other elements than just members of any Royal family.:p

Just a thought.:D

Last edited:
Larzen said:

I'm so sorry! :eek: When she had her first born child, Maurius, she was unmarried living among drougusers. Excuse me! :rolleyes:

Lillia said:
I think I understand what you are saying, but I cannot seem to escape the idea that they are also human beings, no matter what, and subject to all human frailties.

They are representatives of their country. When one of them uses the term 'We' in a speech, they are including themselves as part of the general population -- not referring only to themselves, then relegating every other citizen outside of their family to just some kind of extra bothersome footnote. But I don't know, maybe there are some royals out there who believe that the country where they live exists because of them and for them and their pleasure...

The country is made up of many other elements than just members of any Royal family.

Just a thought.:D

It's very oldfashioned. I'm not certain about every Monarchy but I'm at least shure about the meaning in Swedish. The King is impersonated withSweden. I think old Monarchys have older traditions. The Brittish and Danish also are old fashioned. I think that Norway have a more modern Monarchy. I respect it, of course.

Mandy said:
King Harald is not working any harder because Mette-Marit is side-lined. He is performing his duties as usual. He was scheduled for the state visit to Sweden which he accomplished.

King Harald has also remarked that he will never retire and that only dead kings retire. I'm paraphrasing King Harald by the way.;)

In Norway newspaper VG, (Verdens Gang) 7 sept. the Kings medical adwiser said that he had asked the King to "slow down", but King Harald was't listening.

Karisma said:
It's very oldfashioned. I'm not certain about every Monarchy but I'm at least shure about the meaning in Swedish. The King is impersonated withSweden. I think old Monarchys have older traditions. The Brittish and Danish also are old fashioned. I think that Norway have a more modern Monarchy. I respect it, of course.
Old fashioned or not, I still think that even the BRF, DRF, SRF, not to speak of the NRF itself -- the members time and again check themselves against the idea that they themselves actually are the country that they represent.

I don't think they take their duty to their country lightly, but I also do not believe that they take this idea of being 'impersonated with Sweden' so literally that they begin to think of themselves as actually being a region in the world (they themselves would be then represented on the globe and all the maps) rather than being a person with certain responsibilities.

I would find it a little bit of a stretch that CP Victoria of Sweden would think of herself as actually being the country of Sweden, rather than having a duty and responsibility to represent Sweden and it's people on the world stage.

Can you imagine if Prince Charles thought he himself was actually the entire UK? Or better yet, HM QEII has she ever declared the words "I am England", or rather has she referred to herself as having dedicated her life in complete service of her country and it's people?

Do you really think King Harald actually think he himself is the country rather than just a person born into a position where he and his family officially represented his country and was charged with responsibility of upholding and representing his country's traditions (to a large extent)?

Last edited:
Larzen said:

What catholic royals did not have good representation at that wedding?

It's impossible for me answering every interesing question in this capturing discussion. King Juan Carlos was'nt there and it was after an adwise from the Catholic church. And there were more Royals doing a minimized representation or not coming at all. Thank You for linkt to the guest list. Everyone can read for themselves.

The Swedish succession

Lillia said:
Old fashioned or not, I still think that even the BRF, DRF, SRF, not to speak of the NRF itself -- the members time and again check themselves against the idea that they themselves actually are the country that they represent.

I don't think they take their duty to their country lightly, but I also do not believe that they take this idea of being 'impersonated with Sweden' so literally that they begin to think of themselves as actually being a region in the world (they themselves would be then represented on the globe and all the maps) rather than being a person with certain responsibilities.

I would find it a little bit of a stretch that CP Victoria of Sweden would think of herself as actually being the country of Sweden, rather than having a duty and responsibility to represent Sweden and it's people on the world stage.

Can you imagine if Prince Charles thought he himself was actually the entire UK? Or better yet, HM QEII has she ever declared the words "I am England", or rather has she referred to herself as having dedicated her life in complete service of her country and it's people?

Do you really think King Harald actually think he himself is the country rather than just a person born into a position where he and his family officially represented his country and was charged with responsibility of upholding and representing his country's traditions (to a large extent)?

Of course our Royals understand what´s history about "beeing their country". I don't say they belive that nowdays, but many old laws still is in use.

Here are the law from year of 1810 that the Swedish King had to swear. I'm not the men to give a translation of this oldfashion Swedish languge. Here's a video when HM King Karl XVI Gustaf is svearing his oath (text following):

http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/player.jsp?d=33315&a=361833

Choose:
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf avlägger konungaförsäkran (00:08:06) Från 1973-09-19

(Us CARL, with mercy of God, Swedens, Götes and Vendes King etc, etc...)

Successionsordning (1810:0926);
Vi CARL, med Guds nåde, Sveriges, Götes och Vendes Konung &c. &c. &c., arvinge till Norge, hertig till Schleswig Holstein, Stormarn och Ditmarsen, greve till Oldenburg och Delmenhorst &c. &c., göre veterligt: att, sedan Riksens Ständer enhälligt antagit och fastställt den successionsordning, varefter den högborne furstes, Svea rikes utkorade kronprins, hans kungl. höghet prins JOHAN BAPTIST JULII manliga bröstarvingar skola äga rätt till den svenska tronen, samt Sveriges rikes styrelse tillträda, och denna grundlag till Vårt nådiga gillande blivit överlämnad, have Vi, i kraft av den enligt 85 § i regeringsformen Oss tillkommande rättighet, velat denna av Riksens Ständer samtyckta successionsordning härmed antaga, gilla och bekräfta, alldeles såsom den ord för ord härefter följer:
Successionsordning,
varefter den högborne furstes, Svea rikes utkorade kronprins, hans kungl. höghets, prins JOHAN BAPTIST JULII av Ponte-Corvo manliga bröstarvingar skola äga rätt till den kungl. svenska tronen, samt att Svea rikes styrelse tillträda; av Konung och Riksens Ständer gjord och fastställd på urtima riksdagen i Örebro den 26 september 1810.
Vi efterskrivne Svea rikes Ständer, grevar, friherrar, biskopar, ridderskap och adel, klerkeri, borgerskap och menige allmoge, som nu här i Örebro till allmän urtima riksdag församlade äro, göre veterligt: att, sedan den högborne fursten, Svea rikes utkorade kronprins, hans kungl. höghet prins CARL AUGUST utan manlige bröstarvingar avlidit, och vi även genom den, under den 21 augusti 1810, upprättade förening och valakt, utkorat den högborne furste, prins JOHAN BAPTIST JULIUS av Ponte-Corvo, till Svea rikes kronprins, att på de villkor, så väl nyssnämnda valakt, som ock högbemälde furstes till avgivande av oss föreskrivna försäkran förmå och innehålla, Hans Kungl. Maj:t Vår nu regerande allernådigste Konung och Herre, Carl den XIII:e, efter dess dödliga frånfälle (varmed den Högste Guden nådeligen länge fördröje) i regeringen över Svea rike samt detsamma underlydande länder efterträda, till Sveriges Konung krönas och hyllas, samt riket styra; alltså hava vi för hans kungl. höghets JOHAN BAPTIST JULII, furstens av Ponte-Corvo, äkta manliga bröstarvingar, härmed velat upprätta och fastställa denna ordning för successionen till Sveriges krona och regering, på sätt och med villkor här nedanföre uttryckligen stadgas.
§ 1. Successionsrätt till Sveriges tron tillkommer manliga och kvinnliga efterkommande till kronprins Johan Baptist Julii, sedermera Konung Karl XIV Johans, avkomling i rätt nedstigande led, Konung Carl XVI Gustaf. Äldre syskon och äldre syskons efterkommande ha därvid företräde framför yngre syskon och yngre syskons efterkommande. Lag (1979:935).
§ 2. Vad i denna successionsordning är stadgat om Konungen skall, om Drottning är statschef, gälla henne. Lag (1979:935).
§ 3. upphävd genom lag (1979:935).
§ 4. Såsom 2 § i 1809 års regeringsform uttryckligen stadgar, att Konung alltid skall vara av den rena evangeliska läran, sådan som den, uti den oförändrade Augsburgiska bekännelsen, samt Uppsala mötes beslut av år 1593, antagen och förklarad är, sålunda skola ock prinsar och prinsessor av det kungl. huset uppfödas i samma lära och inom riket. Den av kungl. familjen som ej sig till samma lära bekänner, vare från all successionsrätt utesluten. Lag (1979:935).
§ 5. Prins och prinsessa av det kungl. huset må ej gifta sig, med mindre regeringen på hemställan av Konungen därtill lämnat samtycke. Sker det ändock, have han eller hon förverkat arvsrätt till riket för sig, barn och efterkommande. Lag (1979:935).
§ 6. upphävd genom lag (1979:935).
§ 7. Tronföljaren må ej anträda resa utrikes utan Konungens vetskap och samtycke. Lag (1921:21).
§ 8. Prins och prinsessa av kungl. svenska huset må ej, utan Konungens och riksdagens samtycke, bliva regent i utländsk stat, vare sig genom val, arv eller gifte. Sker annorlunda, vare han eller hon samt efterkommande ej berättigade att succedera till svenska tronen. Lag (1979:935).
§ 9. upphävd genom lag (1974:154).
Till yttermera visso, att vi allt detta föreskrivna så belevat och beslutit, have vi samtlige Svea rikes Ständer detta underskrivit och beseglat; som skedde i Örebro den tjugusjätte dagen i september månad, år efter Kristi börd, ett tusende åttahundrade och på det tionde.
Detta allt, som föreskrivet står, vele Vi ej allenast själve för orygglig grundlag antaga, utan bjude och befalle jämväl i nåder, att alle de, som Oss och Våre efterträdare samt riket med huldhet, lydno och hörsamhet förbundne äre, böra denna successionsordning erkänna, iakttaga, efterleva och hörsamma. Till yttermera visso have Vi detta med egen hand underskrivit och bekräftat, samt Vårt kungl. insegel låtit veterligen hänga här nedanföre, som skedde i Örebro, den tjugosjätte dagen i september månad, året efter Vår Herres och Frälsares Jesu Kristi börd, det ett tusende åttahundrade och på det tionde.

Last edited:
Ok -- well I don't read Swedish very well, but this thread is about Norway anyhow, and more specifically about CP Haakon and his lovely wife, CPMM:p

I suspect what you've put there is to illustrate a point on the laws/declarations in Sweden or something. Perhaps start a thread on the Swedish board where we can 'hash it out' there (nicely and respectfully, I mean)?:)

i will have to disagree with many of you making the role of a crown princess (or any royal) seem something like the worst thing ever. is it better to work 12 hours a day? is it nice to work closed in an office or in construction all day under the sun to raise up a family, where you probably woulnd't meet the important and interesting people you meet when you are royal or a prime minister for example? i know being royal has lots of problems (the media pressure and the critisize you are subjected to) but i really think it's better than the normal life many people need to have. moreover, you can always stop being royal (abdicating or loosing your succesion rights) but not many people can choose being royal...

Karisma said:

I find it amusing that you are the one telling others to not be dramatic when it is clearly you who is the one being dramatic: typing in bold, typing in blue and replying to every single post that disagrees with you, which is just about everyone here so far that Mette-Marit's health and her baby are more important than royal duties.

Besides, I see that you are from Sweden. Why care so much about Mette-Marit's lack of royal appearances when she is not your Crown Princess? I don't see anyone from Norway here saying that they do not like Mette-Marit as their Crown Princess.

Karisma said:
I don't think it's a desease being pregnat. What help did MM have when she was pregnant with her firs born son Maurius (before she married Royal)? He seem too be a healty, qute yong men althogh MM lived a life with drougs and a father to Maurius who didn't care.

How do you know how Mette-Marit was during her first pregnancy with Marius? How do you know that she was not sick that often while pregnant with him?

He may be a healthy young boy now but that doesn't mean that his mother wasn't very sick while pregnant with him.

Besides, all pregnancies are different. Mette-Marit did not have as many health problems while pregnant with Ingrid Alexandra, but that doesn't mean she can't have health problems now.

Also, given that she is now two years older since her last pregnancy, there are higher risks to her health because of her age.

Karisma said:
Well, Maurius perhaps meet a princess some day - then he's Royal too! .

And what would be so wrong with that?

Karisma said:

You certainly are! This is the kind of drama I expect of 13 year old girls plucking petals off of flowers: He loves me, he loves me not ...

Maybe you could try reading what others are posting too and not just side stepping valid comments in the name of "I hate Mette-Marit" which is painfully obvious. You can dislike her all you want, but that's not to say that her health or the health of her unborn baby deserves to suffer because you don't think she should be a princess or is a good representative to her country.

No need to be so unfair to Mette-Marit. She worked hard and studied before she met crownprince Haakon. So it's not like she hasn't had the experience of a hard days work. Concerning her health I think we should be veeeery careful of being judgemental and insinuating her being lazy or doctors inadequate...that is simply rude! I have many friends with children and their pregnancies have been hell, and of course that can happen to royals too. I think we should rather credit her for her good job, and especially what she and HM did on her birthday; inviting 60 poor or "less fortunate" people to their home at Skaugum. That is remarkable and a modern monarchy to be proud of!

Any word on Mette-Merit's condition lately? Anyone seen her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom