Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
The press is invited to the schoolstart of Ingrid-Alexandra next Tuesday:
ingrid alexandra: Inviterer pressen til skolestart - Se og hør
https://translate.google.hu/translat...616&edit-text=

I read somewhere, that Sverre Magnus should repeat his schoolyear, it is the reason for the choice of a new school. But this article writes, that he will begin the 4. class in Montessori school, and he started the school in 2011, so he didn't fail in the past year.

Looking forward to it.
Always nice to get new pictures when they start a new school

Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Why does he have to repeat grade 4 if he didnt fail?

Old 08-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Looking forward to it.
Always nice to get new pictures when they start a new school
What days of the week will Ingrid Alexandra attend school?
Old 08-17-2014, 02:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Why does he have to repeat grade 4 if he didnt fail?
He won't repeat it. He will begin it next week. I wanted to say, some people meant/wrote on blogs, forums, that he will maybe repeat, but it is not true.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:06 AM
Royal Highness

Første privatskoledag for prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra - Kongehuset - VG
Old 08-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Mette-Marit of Norway takes Ingrid to school - hellomagazine.com
Old 08-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are some more pics and videos of Ingrid Alexandra's first school day at her new school today, August 19:

(...)
Thanks for the articles.
The NRK webside writes, that IA begin 6.class and Sverre only the 3. ???
According the Svenskdam article they did spend the part of their vacation in Siciliy? Any other news about it?
I found a little bit strange their behavior, they kept big distance to the media, and they looked really unfriendly to the reporters...

Other articles about the schoolstart:
kronprinsesse mette-marit: I Sverige kjenner vi Mette-Marit som «Prinsessen i Prada» - Se og hør
https://translate.google.hu/translat...701&edit-text=

http://www.bunte.de/norwegen/mette-m...rid-98293.html
https://translate.google.hu/translat...tml&edit-text=

Photos:
Princess Ingrid Alexandra's first school day at her new school | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON
Old 08-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks to all who posted photos, videos and articles of the children's first day at their new schools. Ingrid Alexandra has grown up a lot, as has Sverre Magnus. I found it interesting how both children aren't wearing uniform, considering the fact that they're both attending private schools now. Is it not a 'thing' in Norway? I understand that European schools don't have uniforms in general, although private ones do from what I've seen - Leonor and Sofia in Spain have to wear a uniform, as does Nikolai in Denmark.

I think Ingrid Alexandra is starting to look more and more like Mette-Marit now around her eyes, although the rest of her features still resemble Haakon. Sverre Magnus is all Mette-Marit, IMO.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
I found a little bit strange their behavior, they kept big distance to the media, and they looked really unfriendly to the reporters...

And you´re really surprised about that?!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
And you´re really surprised about that?!
Can you answer or explain better?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Courtier

just curious...why would the change of schools, from public to private, hit a sore note with the public??? And why did the reporter say that "it was the beginning of the end for the monarchy" because of this??? Really? In the past, I always assumed the Monarchy, children of celebrities, well-to-do-, rich people ALWAYS sent their children to private schools. Whats the big deal?? So they want a better education for their children!! If they can afford it, more power to them. Why should they be judged on it???
Old 08-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I was thinking.... scandinavian people and royals seems to speak a very fluent english... So why is there this need of sending her to a english school?

And what is the goal of a montessori school?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

I also think absolutely ridiculous the attitude of many norwegians because of the fact that Ingrid Alexandra is going to a private school. After all, she is not the only norwegian child that is enrolled in private schools.If her parents can afford it and want a better education for her, why not?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

The first day of school for a child attending a new school is also an important day for the parents.
Mother and Father have to know who the various teachers are.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

are the other two in private schools too?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

The first day of school for a child attending a new school is also an important day for the parents.
Mother and Father have to know who the various teachers are.
Ehm...don't you think in this case the various teachers have been checked out in advance
Old 08-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho View Post
are the other two in private schools too?
P.Sverre-Magnus has started this year at a private school (Montessori), there are several posts with more info earlier in this thread (particularly about the discussion after the two were transferred from public to private schools this year)
Old 08-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Royal Highness

Ingrid-Alexandra wears a butterfly-necklace and in the docufilm about MM was always shown butterflies (her twitterside has them too). She said something about her love to these animals, maybe about the change what they make from ugly larva to beautiful butterflies in connection to the change of her life from Miss Hoiby to CP's...
Old 08-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho View Post
Can you answer or explain better?

Well, it was the first day for the 2 youngsters in a new school, new environment, new children and new teachers. Of course they were, like any other kid, nervous. Any other child would be without any sort of media scrutiny and curiosity! Plus the media is giving their mother a tough time right now. So what reason could there be to look smilingly at the reporters?