Haakon & Mette-Marit's 40th Birthday

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We can probably assume CP Victoria and P Daniel were invited but declined the invitation. We have no idea if they already have celebrated Haakon's birthday together in some other way or if they have something planned.

The type of birthday bash that Haakon had is not appealing to everyone. And close longtime friends certainly can find other opportunities to celebrate together.

I agree with you , not to everyones taste , and also with the baby . Be to much

Thanks vestfoldlilja for the translation of the documentary about CP Haakon!! It's very much appreciated :flowers: I like how he views his role as part of the monarchy. He has given quite some thought about it and wants to give his best for the country.

Also thank you everybody for all the links to pictures and videos from the party. They sure had a great party.

video Hyller kronprinsen på 40-årsdagen - Aftenposten
It's sweet how Princess Märtha Louise gets so emotional when she talks about that Haakon is loved by his family and friends, all the family is very close.

The artists that were playing kongehuset.no - Kronprinsens 40-årsdag: Artister
Saturday 20 July
14.00: Comet Kid
17.40: Lars Lillo-Stenberg
19.45: Solveig Slettahjell

Sunday 21 July
09.00: Madelaine Berg
13.30: Thomas Dybdahl
15.00: Anne Grete Preus
16.30: Timbuktu
19.15: Frikar
19.30: Seigmen
21.00: Biffy Clyro
22.30: Calvin Harris

In addition, the following DJs played over the weekend: DJ Claes, DJ Hoetell, DJ Lavoisier og DJ Club Juicy.

Last edited:
:eek: I find it very strange... "It was never up to date."?? One of her best friend has birthday, Mary, Maxima were invited, but not Victoria? Or she said no? Something is happened with the ladies? MM was not on the baptism of Estelle, not on the CP-meeting in Holland...

An article with a picture about the 2. day, Haakon played on the stage with a rockband:
Party Like Nordic Royalty - Speakeasy - WSJ

Maybe Victoria and Daniel were invited but announced right away that they wouldn't attend at this kind of party/festival with a small child. I don't think there is any problems at their friendship with Mette-Marit and Haakon. Mette-Marit, Daniel and Victoria were seen talking at Madeleine's wedding on the boat trip
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=23643561&pos=1
and here's a couple of gifs them joking while leaving to Drottningholm.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/6db380d5204d17d9bb1b5037f1b4d4d7/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o2_r2_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/126297642d21dfa6c9e2a8cdfa6e6ef5/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o3_r2_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/d90602b0dac02b12be069d086f736f4f/tumblr_mo8m71L2gC1r6jme9o4_r1_500.gif

But that is just the point - I think that of course they would have taken Estelle with them, they don't want to be away from their daughter for two days.

Completely unsubstantiated, but perhaps Victoria is in the early stages of pregnancy and does not want to be at a music festival.

I read somewhere that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle was on holiday, when CP Haakon celebrated his birthday.

I read somewhere that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle was on holiday, when CP Haakon celebrated his birthday.

Yes, they arrived to Solliden already over a week before Victoria's birthday.
Daniel has the first work duty on 13th August.

Very nice doc. I really like how relaxed the Scandinavian royals are and how they can go about they're family lives without much fuss as the British royals go through.

Very interesting and funny to see Haakon and the interviewer get pulled over by the police for speeding.

NRK TV - Kronprins Haakon - veien til et kongerike
Does anybody know what Mette-Marit (36 min) says and Haakon comments?

I think this is the appropriate translation of Vestfoldlilja (in post 79):

MM: ... "I met him just after his time at Berkley and he carried that way of life with him here. He had an international perspective in a way and he was very interested in multiculturalism and seeing Norway as part of larger whole. In the period before we got together he spent a lot of time with the boys, having fun, but when he met me everything got very serious as we had to take many serious decisions rapidly. My life was turned upside down with a newspaper front page; my life was suddenly completely different. It was very strange.

CPMM: (about the pre-wedding interview where she talks of her past) I was very focused on doing a good job and didn’t register everything. I had in mind that I had to act like a perfect princess-subject, and I wasn’t.

I: What did you lack?

CPMM: I had my son and things I’d done in the past where things that stood against me, many people thought I was unsuitable. I had Marius, and stood there with a child and every decision was taken very rapidly. I think it was hard for Haakon because he felt that in a certain way he put the institution in danger."

And what CP Haakon said (Vestfoldlilja's post 78):

" CP: (about him and MM during their early days) We were vulnerable because we challenged norms.
CP: If you had asked (people at an earlier stage) if I could marry someone who had a child, many would have said no. But it was possible."

Very nice pic. Unfortunately, way too many titles as usual these days in the magazines

Than you. The video of aftenposten cant open why?

Here's another gallery from ppe with many nice shots of the service!

Thanks, so many sweet pictures, this is a lovely picture [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

video of the full service today NRK TV - Gudstjeneste fra Dronningparken - 18.08.2013

a short video (summary of the service) with a very moved Crown Princess and a not less moved Queen NRK TV - Dagsrevyen - 18.08.2013 (jump to 23:15 min.)

An article with some pictures about Mette-Marit in connection with her 40. birthday:
Kan takke troen for støtten - NRK
Google Fordító

Thank you!! The last picture is beautiful!

Last edited:
Silly question , was this to celebrate mette marits birthday ......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom