King Philippe, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Philippe visited the public federal services of social security (Service Public Federal Securite Sociale - Federale Overheidsdienst Sociale Zekerheid) in the so-called 'Finance Tower' in Brussels today, October 29:

** belga gallery **

King Philippe attended the final game of the Korfball World Championship at the Lotto Arena in Antwerpen today, November 8:

** ppe gallery **

:previous:

I was there. In addition to taking his picture with the Belgian team, King Philippe greeted the players of the Dutch and Belgian teams before the game and awarded the cup.

You can watch the game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vej7SVsWdYI

You can see the King at 24:16 and 24.50 (as well as other times)

You can see the King having his picture taken with the Belgian team starting 25:24.

You can see the King awarding the cup starting 2:24:54.

I hope you enjoyed watching it live :flowers:

Today, November 10, King Philippe visited the Direction Specials Units of the Federal Police in Brussels:

** belga gallery **

I was there. In addition to taking his picture with the Belgian team, King Philippe greeted the players of the Dutch and Belgian teams before the game and awarded the cup.

You can watch the game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vej7SVsWdYI

You can see the King at 24:16 and 24.50 (as well as other times)

You can see the King having his picture taken with the Belgian team starting 25:24.

You can see the King awarding the cup starting 2:24:54.

A few things that stand out:

1. The Belgian anthem sung in Dutch (in the soccer World Cup in Brazil, the crowd sang it mostly in French).
  2. The enthusiastic way the players cry: "Voor Vorst, Voor Vrijheid en Voor Recht" (very royalist for a Flemish crowd !).
  3. It is always odd when Het Wilhelmus is sung in Belgium considering that the main goal of the Belgian Revolution was precisely to get rid of the House of Orange (of course, Belgium and the Netherlands now have a very good bilateral relation, but that has not always been the case).

King Philippe received the Ambassadors of Norway, Finland, Mali, Sudan and France at the Royal Palace today, November 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

In the afternoon he presided over a round table meeting on climate change ahead of the COP21 international climate conference in Paris:

** belga gallery **

Last edited:
H.M.The King Belgium attended the opening of the fourth lock of Lanaye, on Friday 13 November 2015, in Lanaye-Vise

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

King Philippe received the ambassadors of Albania, Austria, Israel, the Netherlands and Switzerland at the Royal Palace today, October 28:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Very grand reception of ambassadors. Always like that their welcome? I did not know. Impressive.

Very grand reception of ambassadors. Always like that their welcome? I did not know. Impressive.

As the Head of State, the monarch receives the credentials of foreign ambassadors. It is a common ceremony in several European monarchies (Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, the UK, etc.) and also in Japan.

King Philippe participated in the Enterprise 2020 Summit on corporate social responsibility at the Bozar Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels today, November 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

According to the Moroccan press, King Philippe called the Moroccan king Mohammed VI to ask for more cooporation and help between the intelligence services of the two countries during the search for terrorist Salah Abdeslam.

The telephone call was immidiately followed by a call from minister Jan Jambon with his Moroccan collegue Mohamed Hassad.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/32616/Terr...-hulp-Marokko-in-voor-jacht-op-Abdeslam.dhtml

Last edited:
Accoring to the Moroccan press, King Philippe called the Moroccan king Mohammed VI to ask for more cooporation and help between the intelligence services of the two countries during the search for terrorist Salah Abdeslam.

The telephone call was immidiately followed by a call from minister Jan Jambon with his Moroccan collegue Mohamed Hassad.

Koning roept hulp Marokko in voor jacht op Abdeslam - HLN.be

It is good to see that King Philippe's personal relationship with King Mohammed VI can be used to help the Belgian security services in their quest for Abdeslam.

Last edited:

On the occasion of the 35th anniversary of the parliament King Philippe visited the Walloon parliament in Namur today, December 2nd.

It's the first visit of the King to a regional or community parliament.

King Philippe received the First Vice-President of the European Commission Timmermans at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, December 3:

** belga gallery **

The Ambassadors of the Democratic Republic of Congo and of the Republic of Haiti presented their credentials to King Philippe today, December 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

King Philippe attended the award ceremony of 11th edition of the Belgodyssee award for young journalists at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, December 10:

** belga gallery **

Belgian table tennis player Jean-Michel Saive was received by King Philippe at the Royal Palace today, January 5. Jean-Michel Saive announced his retirement from the international sports scene, he participated in 7 Olympic Games.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

The Ambassadors of Ghana, Iran, Thailand, Namibia and Niger presented their credentials to King Philippe this morning, February 2nd.

I like that such a variety of photos (different angles, rooms etc.) was released this time!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

I agree, it is good to have a variety of photos and to see the interaction between the King and the various ambassadors like this. I also like the formality and ceremony of this event, not dissimilar to the way the Dutch monarch performs this duty.

I agree about the photos. Someone at Belgian court is getting better and better with social networks. :flowers:

All in all the PR of the belgian Court has become much better since the new reign. It is really great that we now get photos from this Events woich we did not before.
The now need urgently to redesign their officail Website and add more Information to it.

I agree. The official Website he wants much improvement yet.

With his special interest in training opportunities for young people King Philippe made a visit to the educational centre of the supermarket chain Lidl in Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, Brussels, today, February 3.

The medal winners of last weekend's cyclocross world championships were received by King Philippe today, February 4:

** belga gallery ** hln.be video **

And in the afternoon King Philippe attended the presentation of the project 'Young artists without borders', organized by BE for Music and the festival ProPulse in collaboration with the Prince Philippe foundation:

** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

Last edited:

King Philippe today, February 18, visited the association Close the Gap. Close the Gap is a Belgian non-profit organization that offers mainly obsolete computers from European companies to educational, social and medical projects in developing countries to contribute to socio-economic growth.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

King Philippe received a delegation of officers, who won the King's Cup, at the Royal Palace today, February 24:

** fb gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom