The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2008, 05:12 AM
Serene Highness

WE don't have a lot of pics! Hope we'll have more during the day!

I can't wait to see all the ladies' dresses!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Commoner

Was anybody from Monaco attending - or did I miss the picture? If not - isn't that strange? Has it something to do with the undefined status of Charlene - or the sometimes reckless behaviour of EA. Did Monaco become an outlaw within European royalty? I'm sure Rainier and Gracia would have been invited.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Bild PDI_20081113_PDI4088=

Her husband was next to her ... you don't expect Victoria to sit next to the driver, do you
oh thanks poor king ... isn't he interesting enough to make it on the other photo? sorry but the once so beautiful silvia looks terrifying. i wonder what procedures she has already forced her face through.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:24 AM
Administrator

OK, here's what I've pieced together so far, largely from the photos plus some reports. There are some obvious holes but I haven't made any assumptions (Eugenie, Earl of Ulster, Earl of St Andrews etc)
The list will be extended as more information becomes available.
ETA.. Rex Features keeps updating the photo log, here so the list is being updated.

The Royal Guests (work in progress)

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
Prince William
Prince Harry
Anne and Andrew (according to the Mail Online, although Princess Anne is in New Zealand)
Princess Beatrice (confirmed)
The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Lady Sarah and Daniel Chatto
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
Lady Rose Gilman (neé Windsor) and Mr George Gilman
The Countess of Ulster
The Duke of Kent
The Countess of St Andrews
Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent
Princess Alexandra of Kent

King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia of Sweden
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Queen Sonja of Norway
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway (arrived late)
King Hamad of Bahrain
a Prince of Bahrain (?)
King Abdullah and Queen Rania of Jordan
Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
The Duke and Duchess of Brabant (Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium)
The Prince and Princess of Orange (Willem Alexander and Maxima of The Netherlands)
The Prince and Princess of the Asturias (Felipe and Letizia of Spain)
The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca (Infanta Cristina and Inaki)
King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie of Greece
Crown Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal of Greece
Prince Nikolaus of Greece
King Simeon and Queen Margarita of Bulgaria
Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia
Princess Margarita of Romania and Prince Radu of Hohenzollern-Veringen

Notable attendees

President Karzai of Afghanistan
Joan Rivers

Old 11-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah and Queen Rania

King Simeon and Queen Margarita of Bulgary

Royal House of Serbia

Rex Features
Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Aristocracy

{removed quoted material from deleted post - Elspeth}

Mary is frighteningly thin at the moment. She looks positively skeletal in the hip area. I'm sad that she has worn such a goth black outfit to a gala dinner. The proportions are all wrong. She should follow Letizia's usual lead and wear colour. (That said, I haven't seen what Letizia is wearing!) Maxi wore a fabulous tangerine dress.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree and I wish many more people had been able to see it. Charles is so much about quality and enthusiasm and it's a shame that in public he is often presented as the misjudged maverick or wacko who only speaks to his plants, instead of recognizing his fantastic achievements over the last decades. I was impressed by his statement towards the end where he said that if people think that he's a useless idiot he prefers to be seen as such for doing things and not for not doing things. I am sure he will be a great King and bring the monarchy forward, at least if he can keep up with speed during the years to come, and even if it's not meant to be (in case HM will top her mother's age) his legacy as PoW will be remarkable and hard to beat.

Charles is a good mixture of his parents, I can see characteristics or gestures of both of them (he speaks a lot like his father). When looking at Camilla I thought that she is really trying hard and doing well despite not "being born" for her job. It must be difficult for her to adapt to the spotlight at her age and with her discreet attitude. The only worry I have is the generation after Charles. When looking at the countless organisations or good causes that are lead by The Duke or Charles alone, who will be able to step in when the Duke is dead and Charles is King? I am always shuddering when people say "Charles should step down and pass on to William" - a nightmare, those people simply don't know what they are talking about. William & Harry will have to step up not only several but many gears if they ever aim to fill their father's or grandfather's boots - I don't see either much intelligence or dedication for service in them. But hope dies last.

Hear Hear Hear!!

I wholeheartedly agree with you Your Grace!

Old 11-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Commoner

Thumbs down

WA& Maxima also outside MC's House:
Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well it is a bit strange to say that all ladys look wonderful when we can only see their faces. As for Marie Chantal and Mary we can pressume that bothe Mary and Frederick where staying at her house. Mary looks like she was going to a Hallowen party also Marie Chantl was not in her best. Dressing all black by someone who is a dark hair is not the best choice!!! Mary looks terrible because she wanted to be in her best fashion choice, sometimes she must be carreful because too mucht fashion addicted is not good! Why Marie Chantal was sitting in the back side of the car and her husband at the front???Why they were not sitting together???
Old 11-14-2008, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

i have no doubt that the prince of wales and the lovely duchess will make an excellent joke as future monarchs. he definitely has set the mark high up for all the other crown princely couples, in the same fashion as her majesty the queen and his mum did with the rest of the other monarchs and their consorts.

i can't wait to see a group picture at least to have a vague idea of the ladies dresses!

so many people staying at MC's house! i had no idea that maxima and WA were close friends with MC and pavlos.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Commoner

Some more pics and full view of Maxima's red dress:
LA REALEZA EUROPEA FELICITA AL PRÍNCIPE CARLOS DE INGLATERRA POR SU CUMPLEAÑOS
Old 11-14-2008, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/LOT0l...es/1OO99ARVLkn

more pics of Maxima.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary in London

Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 11-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post

Hear Hear Hear!!

I wholeheartedly agree with you Your Grace!

Duke you have excelled yourself, beautifully expressed and very very true, I echo Lucien´s "hear hear hear".
Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Princess Maxima of The Netherlands, pictured leaving the Claridges Hotel in London. UK.
apparently maxima and WA weren't staying at MC's house. perhaps they just went for a visit. nice to see maxima's dress after all! it's a lovely dress - the colour and cut are in my opinion a bit too much for the taste of the british royal house, but nevertheless a lovely choice.

nice pictures of mary walking in london. was that just outside MC's house or her neighbourhood or did she go for a walk elsewhere?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 AM
Royal Highness

I have to say that i was a little sceptical when i saw first pics of Camilla in the car wearing a pink dress. But i just could watch (at BBC World ) a report with the pics of yesterday evening. And now i can resume that all six family members looked great, but the Duchess of Cornwall looked absolutely stunning!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Claridges is where Nikolaos lives...and MC was sitting next to her husband in the car. It's Prince Nikolaos in the front next to the driver! Maybe they all met up at one or two places so that they could ride in cars together?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Moderator Emeritus

For what I can see Methilde and Letizia seems to be the best ones. They look lovely.

About Maxima: her face and jewerly are great but the dress IMO look old fashioned!

Old 11-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Tanks all for the pics and the info!
One more gallery from Ibl
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
One more pic of Princess Beatrice!

So, neither prince Albert nor Princess Caroline were at the party, am I wrong?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
King Abdullah and Queen Rania

King Simeon and Queen Margarita of Bulgary

Royal House of Serbia

Rex Features
Just one picture of KA and QR . Please someone have more picture?
For me the best dress is Maxima. She looks stuning!!!

Tags
60th birthday, birthday celebration, prince charles, prince of wales, royal collection